Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide? Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by Brigade View Post
    I have this friend whose told me they've had recent thoughts about suicide. I really don't want to lose this person so I'm trying to help them out. I've told them to tell their parents so they get them a psychiatrist but they think they won't believe them and forget about it plus they are afraid. They also have other person whose an adult (hard to explain their job) that we have contact with that helps kids and they feel for comfortable talking with them but they always have that fear that they won't help them. I'm in desperate need in advice.
    Make sure you contact the doctor to make them take anti-depressants in addition to counseling , like seroquel, like I do, be careful though about sudden stop of medication, it could result in something nasty. O_O

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they are not a hypochondriac because they hate going to the doctor.
    This another sign of a closet hypochondriac. Doctors' offices are a possibility of a terminal diagnostic. Your friend is either a closet hypochondriac or has an unexplainable fear of natural death.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Your life is yours, and you're entitled to do what you will with it. Do I agree with REAL suicide, romanesque glorified, suicide? Yes.

Do I agree with teenage angst suicide? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic The Hedgehog View Post
    Make sure you contact the doctor to make them take anti-depressants in addition to counseling , like seroquel, like I do, be careful though about sudden stop of medication, it could result in something nasty. O_O
    NO!
    Anti-depressants blatantly tell you themselves that they may cause MORE depression, suicide, and/or heart attacks. ALL of them do, and NONE of them are good. They'll tell you it's a 'chemical imbalance' but I'll bet 5 bucks as a 3yo you sure as hell didn't have the problem.
    Gone with the wind

They tell me they have nothing to live for. Friends at a different school, not much of a gamer because of homework, recently broke up, etc.
    Here's an idea what about living live for those out there that won't get that chance, such as people with terminal illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    Your life is yours, and you're entitled to do what you will with it. Do I agree with REAL suicide, romanesque glorified, suicide? Yes.

Do I agree with teenage angst suicide? No.

So you say let them commit it? Also he agreed to talk to the adult and see if they can help them before they tell their parents.

Speaking from personal experiences on both sides of the story, there really is not much you CAN do. When someone is in a situation where they really want to kill themselves, not the oh I want attention look before I cut type of thing, they honestly believe they have nothing to live for. Whatever you say wont change how they feel, nor will what a shrink/parents/bf/gf says. Just try and make him or her live for today, not tomorrow or the day after that. Life is pointless, nothing can prove that wrong, but if you can find a way to make them enjoy one day, you can make them enjoy the next. Just make sure that you're friend knows that you are there for them, and make sure you are. If you need to stay up all night talking about just how much life sucks, do it. Because once you get to a point to where you have someone to talk to about anything, for any amount of time, there is a reason NOT to kill yourself.

Also, not that they don’t work, but pills are not a quick fix. If your friend does get prescribed something, make sure that you pay attention to how they act, most anti-depressants also have a rather large chance of making things worse. I.E. Prozac, it is prescribed for suicidal people, however one of the warnings is "May cause intense suicidal thoughts." Oh and even when things seem to be better, they may not be, make sure to ask how your friend is doing out of the blue, it feels really good to have someone just randomly ask you that, especially when you are in a situation like that.

Also, if your friend wants a random person to talk to a total outside opinion feel free to PM me on here anytime, I get on a lot, I'll be a small voice if needed.
    Spoiler!

~^ Characters-Class-Level-Server -Goals aswell- ^~

tell them to go here: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=manly_suicide

I believe someone here has also posted stuff saying how this site has actually saved lives.

Unless your friend is already dying slowly, and painfully to cancer or something, OR they're suffering from a disease that will render then immobile thus leaving them to just sitting in one spot as an empty shell with nothing to do except think about why you suffer from such a horrible disease, then I'm sure the suicide is understandable, though I wouldn't say justified....

Scania
    ~donnySAUR
    Myspace it, hoe.
    Or FB it.

I would say spend some time with with dont mention anything about suicide but show him all that he would miss. Chill out have some fun and order some pizza.
    Spoiler!

If they really want to suicide, there is nothing you can do except be there for them.

If they are just doing it for attention, just ignore them.
    God! Why the hell did I have the same signature for so long? I don't even play Maple anymore. =.=

Play for a worthy cause.