Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide? Yes or No?

To tell u the truth, i get this feeling too, like when i get a fear becoz of a horror movie i think
    " the only way to remove the pain is to suicide "
    I would recommend a PHYCIATRIST lmao,
    My Friend Also Has it to but he booked a phyciatrist and he's feeling a bit better.

Why does he want to suicide?
    What is his fear?

DreamNX!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkill56 View Post
    If they really want to suicide, there is nothing you can do except be there for them.

If they are just doing it for attention, just ignore them.
    wth? If it's for drawing attention, doesn't that mean there's something wrong? Where there's smoke, there's fire?

To the threadstarter: Think of all the things that stop YOU from committing suicide. Life is as pointless as you want it to be. If you set goals in your life, it isn't. Right now what keeps me from killing myself, my goals in life, are graduation, be loved by friends, want to find a gf, make money, etc...
    Try to get that clear to him/her. Like someone else said about making through day by day not thinking about tomorrow seems kinda pointless... But I admit I have never met someone suicidal so I have no idea if this is a good thing to do!! =s

Aren't there any sites about this? I know in my country there's a suicide-phonenumber... Just try to find better sources of help than this gameforum would probably be my best advice O_o
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigade View Post

So you say let them commit it? Also he agreed to talk to the adult and see if they can help them before they tell their parents.
    NO. I said I specifically do NOT agree with angst suicide, which is pretty much ANY teenager contemplating it. As a teenager (Especially in America) you are too stupid to understand anything, and suicide is simply an easy way out without considering your life AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by HawtMonkie View Post
    Speaking from personal experiences on both sides of the story, there really is not much you CAN do. When someone is in a situation where they really want to kill themselves, not the oh I want attention look before I cut type of thing, they honestly believe they have nothing to live for. Whatever you say wont change how they feel, nor will what a shrink/parents/bf/gf says. Just try and make him or her live for today, not tomorrow or the day after that. Life is pointless, nothing can prove that wrong, but if you can find a way to make them enjoy one day, you can make them enjoy the next. Just make sure that you're friend knows that you are there for them, and make sure you are. If you need to stay up all night talking about just how much life sucks, do it. Because once you get to a point to where you have someone to talk to about anything, for any amount of time, there is a reason NOT to kill yourself.

Also, not that they don’t work, but pills are not a quick fix. If your friend does get prescribed something, make sure that you pay attention to how they act, most anti-depressants also have a rather large chance of making things worse. I.E. Prozac, it is prescribed for suicidal people, however one of the warnings is "May cause intense suicidal thoughts." Oh and even when things seem to be better, they may not be, make sure to ask how your friend is doing out of the blue, it feels really good to have someone just randomly ask you that, especially when you are in a situation like that.

Also, if your friend wants a random person to talk to a total outside opinion feel free to PM me on here anytime, I get on a lot, I'll be a small voice if needed.
    There is SO much you can do.
    1)Obtain actual evidence of them noting they will commit suicide, like a letter or something, or even a phone call.
    2)Take it to a teacher or someone else in the school, they will HAVE to report it.
    3)Your friend gets to spend some time in the looney bin where he CANT hurt himself (No teenager has the balls to die by stopping their own breath)
    4)They get counciling while in there to relieve the stress, and perhaps also understand how stupid they are.

Keep it to yourself though, don't go telling the whole goddamn school, especially if you're the only one who knows. It's horrible for when they get back.

Other ways include tying them to chairs for days on end with nothing but a bed pan, or simply beating the **** out of them with heavy tools. But those are for professionals goddamnit.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

If you told all the proper authorities then all you can do now is monitor them and offer comfort. I hate these kinds of people who turn their depression into your problem, I'm personally sick and tired of this.

Put him on suicide watch already!
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

The best thing you can possibly do at this point is try to comfort him, although it may sound corny, being there for someone is sometimes the best solution for things like this. I can tell you that from personal experiance.

My dad was diagnosed with Panchriotic cancer in 2004, and the docters only gave him 6 months to live at that point. Now my dad did have thoughts of suicide at that point, but I, along with the rest of my family, stuck by him. And you know what, its been 4 years now (today), that my dad has been diagnosed and he is very close to remission.

Though it may not be that bad for your friend, support is always the best solution in this situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RastisRules View Post
    The best thing you can possibly do at this point is try to comfort him, although it may sound corny, being there for someone is sometimes the best solution for things like this. I can tell you that from personal experiance.

My dad was diagnosed with Panchriotic cancer in 2004, and the docters only gave him 6 months to live at that point. Now my dad did have thoughts of suicide at that point, but I, along with the rest of my family, stuck by him. And you know what, its been 4 years now (today), that my dad has been diagnosed and he is very close to remission.

Though it may not be that bad for your friend, support is always the best solution in this situation.
    Completely off topic, but does ANYONE die within the 6 months the doctors give to EVERYONE? I was given like a year and that was almost 10 years ago. -_-''

Several of my relitives died of a disease months before they were suppossed to, so yes people do.

Sucide, it's the easy way out of life. Not willing to confront problems in life and just give up. The ultimate quitter.

Tell your friend "Never give up, never surrender"

Don't sucide unless you want to be known as a quitter.
    Spoiler!

Slime

Completely off topic, but does ANYONE die within the 6 months the doctors give to EVERYONE? I was given like a year and that was almost 10 years ago. -_-
    Yes.
    My aunt was diagnosed with end stage rectal cancer and given 6 months. She died in about 5 and a half. So they're not always complete idiots. There was an excellent chance she could have recovered, but she didn't tell her family her early symptoms because she was into old school chinese herbalism and thought her symptoms could be cured with special teas, broths, and infusions thus she never even thought of going to a doctor until a year or so after her symptoms first appeared and by that time it was too late. Ginseng, ginger root, garlic, and green tea apparently doesn't cure cancer after all.