Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide? Yes or No?

Default Suicide? Yes or No?

I have this friend whose told me they've had recent thoughts about suicide. I really don't want to lose this person so I'm trying to help them out. I've told them to tell their parents so they get them a psychiatrist but they think they won't believe them and forget about it plus they are afraid. They also have other person whose an adult (hard to explain their job) that we have contact with that helps kids and they feel for comfortable talking with them but they always have that fear that they won't help them. I'm in desperate need in advice.

Get the police quick.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Sounds like your friend is a hypochondriac.
    Just assure them that they will be believed, and suicide should never be an option. Unless they want to be Hitler.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Banned

If the parents deny the information of a suicide, they are fully responsible of the death. I mean, not knowing is bad enough, but denying it is just worse.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightDarkness View Post
    If the parents deny the information of a suicide, they are fully responsible of the death.
    That's like saying it's a bank's fault it got robbed, since it had no idea it was about to be robbed.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Tell him/her that suicide is for the weak, seeking a way out of life instead of standing up to it.
    Remind him/her of the better side of life (friends, games, love, TV, internet, etc.)
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    That's like saying it's a bank's fault it got robbed, since it had no idea it was about to be robbed.
    It's really more like the bank knows it is going to be robbed, but doesn't do anything ahead of time.

At any rate, all I can offer is to get help and to be there for your friend.

HEy it has to end sometime, not like anyone on the entire planet is going to accomplish anything great anyway.:D

Banned

sorry, i didn't clarify enough with my original post. Go read the edited one

Sounds like your friend is a hypochondriac.
    Just assure them that they will be believed, and suicide should never be an option. Unless they want to be Hitler.
    I'm pretty sure they are not a hypochondriac because they hate going to the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Tell him/her that suicide is for the weak, seeking a way out of life instead of standing up to it.
    Remind him/her of the better side of life (friends, games, love, TV, internet, etc.)
    They tell me they have nothing to live for. Friends at a different school, not much of a gamer because of homework, recently broke up, etc.