Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on "Improving Bowmen"

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Well said, DLH. Quoted.

@OP: Interesting ideas, but the facts need to be gotten straight it seems. Listen to the other peoples, they seem to know a little bit more than you. ;-)
    Not back. Front.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    staves have a more mature feel about them. furthermore I'd like you to imagine Gandolf shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" with a little fairy wand. see? staves are better.
    how would you get that "mature feel" across in terms of a weapon characteristic?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    Stop -insert every annoying flame here- kid that wants everything and to be all powerful. Do you seriously want every character to be all powerful-I mean why not just complain to Nexon about not having a 'God' class.

Edit:Starlit from someone who has done archery- Depending on the type of bow it is not tiring to hold it back. I believe I have a double pulley bow and it is no where near tiring to hold it back- it all depends on the type of bow really, however it doesn't increase strength either it just helps increase accuracy.
    since you're calling me "kid" I'll call you "old man" alright?
    Back off, these suggestions don't make everything godly powerful. If you're referring to what's in the spoiler, then you didn't read the part in there about it being a total flight of fancy. How does being able to curve or hold an arrow sound like I want everything to be "all powerful"? It doesn't do anything to the damage the arrow does, it just changes the reach of the arrows.

If I wanted to sound like a whiny kid who wanted archers to be all powerful and godly, I'd say that "OMG LIEK NEX0N SHUD TTLY MAEK DMG MULT1Pl1ER x1337 4 EVRY AROW LULZ". But I didn't come anywhere close to that. So back off.
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Phantom Watch

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    how would you get that "mature feel" across in terms of a weapon characteristic?
    I have an idee-er: staves' powers can be boosted by being equiped on a higher leveled character; vice versa for wands. I'm also thinking of a way that the equipment could gain exp (like the CWK weapons), but I can't think of a balanced system right now.

I have an idee-er: staves' powers can be boosted by being equiped on a higher leveled character; vice versa for wands. I'm also thinking of a way that the equipment could gain exp (like the CWK weapons), but I can't think of a balanced system right now.
    They've already got levelling weapons right? those new ones supposed to come out... elemental weapons I think it was?

Banned

Crossbows are stronger because they're fired by a mechanism, stronger than any human could pull; bows are faster because they don't need to be loaded and can be fire at will. The only suggestion of yours that has merit is giving hunters the ability to control how long they "charge" their arrows. Giving jobs innate abilities would no doubt make some of their skills useless, so that's out the window.

The 120 weapons and armor level up as the character does, and at level 7 (I think it's 7, might be 6) they have a random chance to give a bonus of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    Stop -insert every annoying flame here- kid that wants everything and to be all powerful. Do you seriously want every character to be all powerful-I mean why not just complain to Nexon about not having a 'God' class.

Edit:Starlit from someone who has done archery- Depending on the type of bow it is not tiring to hold it back. I believe I have a double pulley bow and it is no where near tiring to hold it back- it all depends on the type of bow really, however it doesn't increase strength either it just helps increase accuracy.
    I shoot archery also, and the double pulley bow is a compound bow. It has a let off for hunters so they can easily release without alerting their prey.

Phantom Watch

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    They've already got levelling weapons right? those new ones supposed to come out... elemental weapons I think it was?
    yeah thats what gave me the idea. but the first part is just equipment based on level; the equipment does not level itself.

yeah thats what gave me the idea. but the first part is just equipment based on level; the equipment does not level itself.
    I swear it was the equipment that levels. Oh well, not like I'm that level anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl
    if every class was "all powerful" then every class would be balanced with the rest.

Banned

I just had a good idea for a new item type: bow strings. They could add damage bonuses, make the arrows pierce (might be a bit broken for maple), or add elemental bonuses.

The game would have to be tweaked though, but it's a promising concept.