Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Supernaturals? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernaturals?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    My explanation for this is actually about the same as above. They hear what's going on and remember it. I am aware that the neural scans may be flat, but I don't feel that enough is known about the brain to say that automatically implies something supernatural. As for bright lights/tunnel vision, there have been explanations for that involving that being naturally what you see when the brain dies.
    what about visual stuff they can recall? unless you're saying their eyes were open as well. some even saw stuff from other rooms.
    but, yes you are right, they are second hand stories....but the fact the story even came about some how....

as for the scratches, yeah you're probably right about scratching themselve in sleep. although some had scratches on their back, and very deep as well, which is possible but unlikely to not wake yourself up.

Once I was just waking up from sleep, and I heard a loud crash that sounded like it was right outside my window.
    I bolted up from my bed, looked out the window and saw everything was in order.
    I thought "wth?" and went back to sleep with the chirping of the birds.
    @_______@

Phantom Watch

My mom once saw a man who had died weeks earlier.
    And she scoffs at anything supernatural. :<

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

I have deja vu on a nearly weekly basis. Either that or my life is so routine it just seem like that.
    Recently I've been hearing crickets chirping in my backyard every time I'm on the main floor of my house. The thing is, whenever I stop to actively listen to the chirping, it just stops. Then when I'm not paying attention it starts again. Crickets r stalking me?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

You're all insane, the end.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torrisrox View Post
    You're all insane, the end.
    maybe the "insane" ones are the truly "sane" ones, and the "sane" ones are all actually "insane". Everything is a perspective because no one has the final say in standards when it comes to reality.

When it comes to supernatural, at one time I was interested in Telekinesis. Especially if I had it myself. Also, the ability to see auras would be cool.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    As for bright lights/tunnel vision, there have been explanations for that involving that being naturally what you see when the brain dies.
    I just read a very interesting essay by Carl Sagan, where he compares near-death "tunnel" experiences to the experience of birth, and wonders whether we're not accessing long-buried memories of that experience. It is something we all share in common. (Well, except C-Section babies.)

I have deja vu a lot, but when I think about it, I realize that I'm probably selecting images from my dreams. Out of all the things I dream about, it's only when it matches something in reality that I feel "deja vu". It's selection error.

We only remember and retell our premonitions/hallucinations/whatever when they match reality, even if only by coincidence.
    Spoiler!

There might be a really good explanation as to why our minds react this way. Why we believe we see things, feel things, and even hear things that are not suppose to be there.
    I have no idea where I had heard of this one before, but a British scientist a couple of years ago decided to investigate some of Britain's most haunting spots. Turn out that the electrical field, maybe caused by some type of magnet in the earth, cause our brain to think that we are seeing things.
    Anyways, I was just curious so I brought this topic while I was watching A Haunting.
    About a mausoleum, where is someone sits on it, they would be pushed off mysteriously.
    Some say it is true, some say it false. Yet, how come no one was ever brave enough to come in at midnight and record everything on tape?
    This is what caused me some doubts, if supernatural things do or do not exist.
    For about the mausoleum: http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/m..._cemetery.html
    And Buffy staked Edward...The End!

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    I just read a very interesting essay by Carl Sagan, where he compares near-death "tunnel" experiences to the experience of birth, and wonders whether we're not accessing long-buried memories of that experience. It is something we all share in common. (Well, except C-Section babies.)

I have deja vu a lot, but when I think about it, I realize that I'm probably selecting images from my dreams. Out of all the things I dream about, it's only when it matches something in reality that I feel "deja vu". It's selection error.

We only remember and retell our premonitions/hallucinations/whatever when they match reality, even if only by coincidence.
    Hmm, that sounds pretty possible. I am one of the believers that the mind stores pretty much everything, but we're unable to recall most of it. Such a traumatic experience as birth is pushed out of our consciousness but it seems strange that such an event wouldn't be stored.

Many people's minds completely block out trauma. I know a girl who doesn't remember a thing from before she was about 12. I don't even know what happened to her during her childhood and neither does she, but it's usually from some type of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    maybe the "insane" ones are the truly "sane" ones, and the "sane" ones are all actually "insane". Everything is a perspective because no one has the final say in standards when it comes to reality.
    To be insane is to be one step closer to the truths of reality.