Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: HS.Network - Reviews, News, Guides & FAQ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Anyone looking forward to hooking up the LT.DB please let's all get in contact and work on what's important first.

To get information please try and use the jWiki, or MOG Wiki. MOG Wiki gets info directly from jWiki which is why it's okay. LaTalers is a bit old and based on info from CB that may not be true now. I've started adding information but because you need to add base information and then go back and add the rest, it's tough.

The ideal way that we should be doing this is start with one category and start adding the rest, the ideal way IMO would be to go through items first, or to go through maps first. As we go through maps we reference them with the monsters and make sure to cross reference them as we go. Then we do items and make sure to cross reference them with monsters as we go. NPCs could be last as they aren't as important, NPCs also need to be referenced by map however.
    Yeah it's gonna be a difficult for the starting, as we have to add the basic information for the content first before we could start referencing to other contents in the site.

I believe no matter which way you start first, every section of the site has to be added with the basic information first. Means whether you start off with maps or items or monsters, in the end you will just have to enter its basic info first.

Question for Cloud3z:
    Maps, do you want them like: http://www.mymmogames.net/wiki/index..._Belos_Map.png or cropped out just the main map area? Or what? Tough call IMO, so I won't touch it until you do that. I plan on adding all of the maps though ASAP.
    Crop out the main map area, which is very similar to our Hidden Street map section. If you need anything to crop out, inform me as I will be able to do so :)

And I've seen you adding contents already :D Nice!

Okay, awesome. :]

I'm fine with cropping out, but do you want those smaller maps or just the actual "City of Belos", and how do you want to reference the smaller ones? The same way they are ingame?

One thing to be added is how much you can buy it from, from each NPC. :O (Forgot about this before) or is there a way to do it that I missed? :x

Also, one more thing about maps. Should I make the general area or each map? I'm guessing each map, but how do they work as in reference with the World Map?
    Gone with the wind

I would actually like the actual map from the Map window. Here is an example of what I added:

http://latale.hidden-street.net/maps...-area-entrance

This link above is the mini-map in their respective general area.

Each general area is classified in the following link:

http://latale.hidden-street.net/maps/view-world-map

See those circles on those map? Like Forest Area... That is a general area and under that is the Forest area entrance which I just posted.

Aik, you mean buy items from an NPC? There is a section called Shop in the Create Content - NPC, where you can add the items that are sold along with the price.

Okay I'll add shops later then.

Thanks for the info on that. I was wondering mostly because they already have maps that are complete with arrows, you could use as sub-world maps, of areas and within there they can click on the spot (have it light up like the other, guesisng you did it in flash...) and go to the direct maps.

Just an idea though, would probably be too much clicking for most people.

I had something to add to a bit of stuff, but I forgot exactly what it is, so I'll let you know later D:

That picture is not of Keber, but the original one is of Anen, so should I re-reference those pics? and are old ones deleted?

Ohh, the thing I forgot was. It seems that the pics are simply uploaded and appended numbers if one exists, so for example I used the same "Guidebook" for the pics that were Guidebooks and "GuidebookL" for locked ones, but now you'll probably have 5~6 "GuidebookL_1" and whatnot. Do you want me to rename them to the exact name? I saw it as unnecessary, but maybe it's cleaner on the backend that way.
    Gone with the wind

Yeah, that's the problem with the map. The reason I separate it specifically cos, correct me if i'm wrong, the monsters and NPCs are located in different sub-maps.

Hahahah yeah, that Keber's picture was just a test data I did. Go ahead and switch the NPC image if you have. And yes once you replace it, the old one will be deleted.

About the same images, I don't think it is necessary to rename it. Nobody would actually see the back end of it =p Just let the site do the renaming of the duplicated file names lol.

Sounds good, thanks for that info. :]

Yea they're on different submaps, entirely so :0
    Gone with the wind

When will LaTale get it's own subforum?

I remembered my problem from before, wellnot really a problem, just a question.

There are also some items that are called "Guild Quest Items", they are type of event items, that give you a Quest, they could also go under Quest items. The main reason for these is that they give you Guild Points to do the quests that they give.
    Gone with the wind

I remembered my problem from before, wellnot really a problem, just a question.

There are also some items that are called "Guild Quest Items", they are type of event items, that give you a Quest, they could also go under Quest items. The main reason for these is that they give you Guild Points to do the quests that they give.
    Well it will still be under the Event items then :)

Anyway, I was thinking that mmo.hidden-street.net not to just MMO anymore. After we went through several discussion on this, we have finally decided that we will expand HS.Network to not just online games, but also to many other games that are out there!

So yeah, we are still recruiting for those would like to be the Writer and write on more games(not just online games). You can do so by submitting your sample work to us at hiddenstreet[at]gmail.com and we will have a review on your work before we accept or reject you from joining in the team. For more details, refer to the very first post on this thread.

mmo.hidden-steet.net is now accessible with http://game.hidden-street.net too now :)

I'm glad to here it's expanded to other games now. I was a bit put off by the MMO only aspect.
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.