Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HS.Network - Reviews, News, Guides & FAQ, etc.

Green Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by cloud3z View Post
    Below are requirements that we want for a Writer:
    1. Proficient in written English is a must.
    2. Ability to write wittily is a plus.
    3. Fairly knowledgeable in online games.
    4. Ability to meet submission deadlines.
    5. Active in playing online games.
    6. Able to provide a sample article that you have written. If not, write an article based on the title "Online gaming is..." with a minimum of 800 words.
    However, do take note that applying for the position at HS.Network is on a VOLUNTARY basis. Of course it won't be voluntary work forever, as we would need to establish the site well with contents first before we can start talking about benefits for our staffs to enjoy (such as monthly game subscription fully reimbursed)!
    Damn. Met all of the requirements except the third one. I would've really liked to join up here.

I guess we should take thousands of screenshots of the old HS. The new era will soon be born!

Actively playing online games? How many online games does it have to be? Is it possible to be come a writer that specializes in only one field such as MMORPGs?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightDarkness View Post
    I would apply, the problem is that I already "work" for Onrpg.com. I get paid for my reviews, but like $10 per review. I could ask them to let them use my reviews, but if it's like a console review, I'll definitely be able to do so.

Onrpg is like strictly any game that goes online, like diablo and such, so i can do console/handheld games. That means, the Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness review is for anyone's use :P
    Ah, I see. Unfortunately we will not be going into console games yet. We might be in the future if this works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiKage View Post
    Actively playing online games? How many online games does it have to be? Is it possible to be come a writer that specializes in only one field such as MMORPGs?
    Woops, I should have put 'game(s)' instead of 'games'. Yes, it is possible to be specialize in only one field, by providing any reviews or news & updates of the game.

Here's a question... Can I apply, but have my application, if accepted, put on hold (or some other form of waiting list) until I get the green light to start working with this?
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Banned

cloud, one last thing. 800 words is too wimpy. 1k is at best minimum. 1.5k tops.

Just out of curiosity, how long will the applications be open for?

I ask, for that I'll be starting school again soon and I'll need some time to get adjusted to the new schedule. If it's open for a month or so, I'll form an application.
    You've probably met and forgotten me before.
    Unofficial Steam Community group: Hidden-Street on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how long will the applications be open for?

I ask, for that I'll be starting school again soon and I'll need some time to get adjusted to the new schedule. If it's open for a month or so, I'll form an application.
    He's offline, so I'll cover it. I asked earlier [for the same reasons] and he said
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud3z
    Not sure how long the application will go. We will have to announce when it will close... Probably 2-4 weeks beforehand.
    which means you'll probably have at least a month to do it, since it's a 2-4 week warning.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Icon11

Already said that there'd be 2-4 weeks notice before apps were closed.

And Moonlight, I think it's supposed to be a couple paragraphs to get an understanding of your writing style. Shorter is better because they have to read them all.

Uh, good luck on this btw...I'm not really interested in applying myself. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    Words
    Thank you. I can't believe that I missed that.

Edit: I'm also assuming that a casual [from the witty preference] writing style is more desirable than other forms.
    You've probably met and forgotten me before.
    Unofficial Steam Community group: Hidden-Street on Steam