Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 147

Thread: HS.Network - Reviews, News, Guides & FAQ, etc.

  1. #1

    Icon3 HS.Network - Reviews, News, Guides & FAQ, etc.

    HS.Network - Saigo and I have been discussing for the past few months about a project: expanding HS to not only cover MapleStory, but also to many other things in the MMO world (And no, that does not explain the lack of updates in HS).

    The basic idea is this: Hidden Street will cover as much online games as we can (hopefully it will come to every possible online game), by writing reviews, getting the latest news and updates, features and events, screenshots, guides and FAQ, informative databases and other features that we can think of from the game. Furthermore, Saigo and I will do our best to establish good contacts with game developing companies to acquire first-hand information.

    So far, we have drafted the layout of the site and it is being developed into a theme layout along with the content structure.

    As the layout is being developed, we would like to start recruiting staffs into the site. 'Writer' is currently the only position available for application, as we do need a team of writers to put up reviews, news, and so on.

    Below are requirements that we want for a Writer:
    1. Proficient in written English is a must.
    2. Ability to write wittily is a plus.
    3. Fairly knowledgeable in online games.
    4. Ability to meet submission deadlines.
    5. Active in playing online game(s).
    6. Able to provide a sample article that you have written. If not, write an article based on the title "Online gaming is..." with a minimum of 800 words.
    However, do take note that applying for the position at HS.Network is on a VOLUNTARY basis. Of course it won't be voluntary work forever, as we would need to establish the site well with contents first before we can start talking about benefits for our staffs to enjoy (such as monthly game subscription fully reimbursed)!

    To apply, kindly send us your resume at hiddenstreet[at]gmail.com with the subject: "HS.Network Writer position", along with your attached article.

    If you have any questions, kindly post them here or e-mail us.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    PROGRESS

    27 August 2008
    We have manage to bring the drafted layout to life. Now we will have to create the structures to add the contents on the site.

    2 September 2008
    Completed creating the structure in order to add contents of the site. Configuring and finalizing the theme for the content's layout.

    18 September 2008
    We have completed doing one of the main thing: That is to theme the front page.

    26 September 2008
    We might be redesign the whole layout to a better one, hopefully. Don't worry though, the redesign of the layout will not take long at all (:

    2 October 2008
    Finally we have completed the new HS.Network layout! Check it out and tell us what do you think about it.

    Writers are recommended to send in their applications as soon as possible, as we would like to start adding contents to the site!

    6 October 2008
    Officially up and running! http://mmo.hidden-street.net

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    I would love to attempt at a resume... but I have a few problems like the others. The biggest being school starting back up. I'm walking into high-school for the first time, so I'd like to get situated with my classes before I made any commitments like this. Am I wrong in assuming that applications will be open for a while [couple of weeks~a few months]?
    Not sure how long the application will go. We will have to announce in here when it will close... Probably 2-4 weeks beforehand.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiKage View Post
    Actively playing online games? How many online games does it have to be? Is it possible to be come a writer that specializes in only one field such as MMORPGs?
    Yes, it is possible to be specialize in only one field, by providing any reviews or news & updates of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    Here's a question... Can I apply, but have my application, if accepted, put on hold (or some other form of waiting list) until I get the green light to start working with this?
    Yes, you may. However, if it you are on hold for too long, then I guess we will have to drop you out from it =/

  2. #2
    ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ不朽的神皇春卷 ClericLordLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    So, whoever volenteers gets a mod status? O_o
    to bad I don't play any other game except Mape and Halo @_@

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    So, whoever volenteers gets a mod status? O_o
    to bad I don't play any other game except Mape and Halo @_@
    I don't think so.

    We have some VERY skilled writers here in HS, and very passionate about MMO's to boot.
    This sounds really good, I wish you the best of luck!

  4. #4
    blah blah blah TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,817

    Default

    Very nice. I may actually consider applying for this.
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    I don't think so.

    We have some VERY skilled writers here in HS, and very passionate about MMO's to boot.
    This sounds really good, I wish you the best of luck!
    Ah! I guess we will have to search for those talented and skilled writers lol. And thanks for your support!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Very nice. I may actually consider applying for this.
    Cool! Hope we will receive your application on this ;)

    Turles has also applied to write reviews and stuffs, as he is really passionate into this lol :D

  6. #6
    King of Heroes nanop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,896

    Default

    We're gonna turn HS into IGN?
    SWEET!
    The only thing preventing me from applying is Actively Play Online Games.
    If that was what I did then I would be dead by now, murdered by my parents
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

    哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Aw guys if you expanded to FPS I Would be lead role for halo, i can describe every detail about the latest 1.08 patch.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    We're gonna turn HS into IGN?
    SWEET!
    The only thing preventing me from applying is Actively Play Online Games.
    If that was what I did then I would be dead by now, murdered by my parents
    IGN?? I dont think we'll ever go that big.

  9. #9
    Amdinistrator turles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1975
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Indeed I am very passionate about HS growing in the right direction!

    I posted this earlier in the mod forum;

    Just talked to Jon (Cloud3z) about this and I think it's a great idea.

    I've always had aspirations of writing for top gaming blogs like Joystiq or Kotaku.
    Indeed online gaming is the pinnacle of gaming right now, but I'd love to write about so much more -- any game I get my hands on I'd review, same with gadgets, any kind of tech.


    Online gaming is a good starting point, especially when you already have all these members here who are for sure to check out HS.Network already, not to mention the passerbys who just check the database page.

    This is a great way to expand Hidden-Street, who would've thought there'd be another way? ;P

    So count me in -- I am back for good now, if you haven't noticed.


    If any of you are interested in this, please put forward the effort to apply! Who knows how big it could become. (:

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turles View Post
    Indeed I am very passionate about HS growing in the right direction!

    I posted this earlier in the mod forum;

    Just talked to Jon (Cloud3z) about this and I think it's a great idea.

    I've always had aspirations of writing for top gaming blogs like Joystiq or Kotaku.
    Indeed online gaming is the pinnacle of gaming right now, but I'd love to write about so much more -- any game I get my hands on I'd review, same with gadgets, any kind of tech.


    Online gaming is a good starting point, especially when you already have all these members here who are for sure to check out HS.Network already, not to mention the passerbys who just check the database page.

    This is a great way to expand Hidden-Street, who would've thought there'd be another way? ;P

    So count me in -- I am back for good now, if you haven't noticed.


    If any of you are interested in this, please put forward the effort to apply! Who knows how big it could become. (:
    Oshyt.

    anyways, i dont play online games xcept maple =(

    Great Idea though...
    Is it going to be a seperate site than HS?
    hi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •