Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Anti-Racists - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti-Racists

Quote Originally Posted by pancitmalabon View Post
    You can wear a kilt?
    Anyways, for this racist stuff. Some people take in the power of words to seriously.
    Why? There are some who still remembers how their ancestors endured a lifetime of pain and suffering. Although that was still long ago, and should be forgotten. Although racism is still happening today, even in United States, the land of the free the home of the brave.
    If you were from a minority, who know little English. Would your boss treat you right?
    If you were a child that just came from a third world country and knows no English either, would your class mate treat you right?
    Racism is not only in the power of the words. It is also in action. The reason it still exist today is, that so long as there are people willing to look down on a group of people. Using either words or their actions then they would continually be hatred and racism between the two race.
    That's my point of view, hate it as much as you will. I have to admit though, even I am racist to whites. My best friend pointed it out once.
    Why? Well, aside the fact that the whites had treated my family like **** for almost a decade now. How they called me chink every time in school, chased me down a street yelling "Chine Girl Go Home!", when a time during Christmas a white boy came up to me and said. "You're not even from this country, so you don't celebrate Christmas. Go back to China", or the times when someone slipped a note in my locker saying. "Got gotcha all your pokemonz yet Jap?" I'm neither Chinese or Japanese. I am Filipino, yet the past couple seven years I stayed in America, all I got so far was bull crap. Tell me, can you really stop racism with just a couple words of "let us all be friend?"
    I tried my best to be accepted in this community. I even spent hours and hours learning this English language and trying my best to out past children who had been native to this land. At first, their words hurt, yet as time pass I learn to ignore them, but even to this day I hate any person out there who makes stupid jokes about another race. How do you know what it feels to be treated like the dirt on your feet? How do you know how it feels working 12 hour shift standing up packing boxes since the whites don't want the "dirty" jobs. If people continue to make stupid lame jokes, then please. Learn to live a life of a minority. Where you barely speak English, work in 12 hour shift in a factory, and get treated like crap by everyone else.
    I mean in common day. A male can't wear a skirt to school whereas a female can, the same for work. It's considered 'disturbing' but I can look at woman's ****** just as easily as I can a man's ***** if I want to from under there. They should wear underwear anyway...
    Some bosses would, but most people who run things are ****s, I'm talking CEOs or stuff. I know many people who don't take advantage of their 'inferiors (in the work place)'
    Many classmates DO treat people the RIGHT way, and attempt to become their friends, however there ARE people who don't, and they're generally raised by bias pricks.
    The funnny thing is, that I'll admit I'm racist but not in the same way. I simply enjoy pointing out the problems of every race and their superiority issues.

It's not solving it with words, and I know that you're experience is a pretty common one. The thing about it is is simple, it's spreading awareness so that people can come to conclusions that are better than what is currently being used, and so that people understand how and why what people THINK is working now, ISN'T.

In any case, I entirely agree with your position, although it seems like you've purposefully used horrible English, because I've spoken with you before and you're English is near impeccable.

In any matter however, most 'foreigners' of America strive to do and DO indeed learn our language and customs better than Americans know. I've had to deal with only some of the crap, but I can't say anywhere near as extreme as you've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Indeed hilarious and true, very true.
    Although it's not too hard to tell, using where your ancestors came from 'race' as a way to classify people often ends up wrong. "Latin American" is such a broad way to classify a group of people and there's still a high chance you're wrong and they're just Spaniard, Cuban, or otherwise some form of European!

The funniest thing however is that your nationality is based on where your born and that has nothing to do with your parents! If I'm born in Japan but my parents are both African, I'm still Asian.

Which brings me to another point, not enough people know the differences between nationality, race, and ethnicity.
    Gone with the wind

Ethnicity-Same race, different group of people.
    Race-People of different colors
    Nationality-People that is citizen of certain country.

Actually, Tele, if you are born to American serviceman in Japan, you are American. Not Japanese, American. I think McCain was born in Panama, allegedly. But if thats true, he's still an American, not Panamanian, although I am not too sure about his qualification to become president if that was the case.
    And I read somewhere that in Japan, even if you are born there, unless your parents are Japanese, you aren't, supposedly. I need confirmation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post

In any case, I entirely agree with your position, although it seems like you've purposefully used horrible English, because I've spoken with you before and you're English is near impeccable.
    Haha, it had been, let me see, four years since I first spoke a whole sentence to what would become my first friend on Continental United States. The first three years in America were dark, since most of the time I write down things or draw them out. It was due to reading too much books that I was able to speak hahaha XD
    And Buffy staked Edward...The End!

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
    Ethnicity-Same race, different group of people.
    Race-People of different colors
    Nationality-People that is citizen of certain country.

Actually, Tele, if you are born to American serviceman in Japan, you are American. Not Japanese, American. I think McCain was born in Panama, allegedly. But if thats true, he's still an American, not Panamanian, although I am not too sure about his qualification to become president if that was the case.
    And I read somewhere that in Japan, even if you are born there, unless your parents are Japanese, you aren't, supposedly. I need confirmation for this.
    Japanese are very against 'gaijin' so I'd believe that.
    America is also very big on having just about everyone be American.
    Ways to be American:
    1)Your mother is American
    2)Be born in America
    3)Be born over American soil

There are probably a few other ways. America loves having everyone be American, it makes us look sexy.

In any case,
    Ethnicity -- Based on both genealogy AND common beliefs
    Race -- Based on visible traits and genealogy.
    Nationality -- What country you belong to.
    Gone with the wind

*skips 3 pages and reads nothing else besides the OP*

i find Anti-Racism to be in all actuality just as racist as Racism due to the fact they to do things based on race on purpose as well.

the best way to not being racist is to not care. sure racist jokes are fine, and stereotypes can be somewhat true (otherwise there'd be no such thing as a stereotype), but don't go around getting mad at random people and treating them differently etc... that's just plain wrong, yo dont even know the person on a personal level yet.

i always post this in every racism thread because i feel it to be true and that people need to hear this:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuncH0O31Y[/youtube]

There however is racism and RACISM for lack of a better term.
    Everyone will be racist, because everyone is prejudice, and bias for the most part can't be taken over.
    The problem I have with ANTI-racists is that they're RACISTS who are AGAINST RACISM! They take it to such an extreme of making organizations that are ****ing legal! and making up words that only THEY can use. However, guess what? They're mostly doing it over
    1)Something that happened so long ago it's not even funny
    2)Little jokes that are funny because they're always true

And yes, stereotypes are fine, they're one of the best things ever. If you didn't know of stereotypes and chinese people mostly talking all 'ching chong' and black people always stealing stuff, running fast, and mexicans ALL cutting grass, you'd probably laugh your ass off the first time you heard of it, whereas if it's an old thing you wouldn't care as much.
    Gone with the wind