Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain chooses Gov Sarah Palin as VP

It'll be interesting to see how this will all pan out, a relative newcomer and a crusty old guy vs a crusty old guy and a slightly newercomer. To me, race and gender are neither here nor there. I won't vote for a white man because he's white, nor will I vote for him because he's a man. As long as they share enough of my feelings on what I think are the important issues, I'd vote for an orangutan.
    Spoiler!

Just because she's only been in office for two years doesn't mean she can't handle DC. Obama's only been a senator since 2005 and he seems to be doing fine. Not having had the time to look her up yet, I have to take CNN's word on her accomplishments, and it sounds like she knows what she's doing, and what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Think about it, if McCain dies in the white house (which will most likely happen) Do you really think that Sarah Palin can step up and become president?

He's using her for the elections.
    Not for the presidency.
    She has more executive experience than McCain, Obama, and Biden combined. They have more legislative experience.
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.

I heard of her on CNN

She's an NRA supporting bigot who wants to deny the womans constitutional right to choose and damage a fragile ecosystem in Alaska just to mine some stupid oil. :eek:

FACT: McCain isn't just older than his Alaskan running mate, he's older than Alaska.

She's younger than two of his kids.

Now, I still don't know who I'm going to vote for, but it bothers me when people take pot shots at someone they'd only just heard of. Just because someone's an NRA member, doesn't make them a bigot. Whether right or wrong, and whether I like it or not, that woman has exercised her right to choose and has done enough with her life so that she's in a position to possibly do something about her choice. Can't fault her for that. Drilling for oil, isn't exactly strip mining. The oil's got to come out of the ground sometime anyway. If its not drilled now, it'll be drilled later when the public starts demanding it.

In any case, did anyone think he'd choose a moderate much less a liberal for his VP? Someone who doesn't share those views?

Slightly off topic, but another thing that bothers me is that its always a "woman's choice." That phrase has always sounded like a cop out. Men are half of the problem, but yet we can't be bothered with deciding either yes or no as long as we can say "It's alright, it's her decision." I know guys who say that and are uneasy about abortion, but they figure they can keep their hands clean since it's not their decision. We need to learn to deal with the consequences of our actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic The Hedgehog View Post
    I know it's messed up
    NRA supporting bigots sanction animal genocide and street crimes in chicago should get shot with their OWN ammunition
    Hey, I SUPPORT NRA. I support rights to own arms. Hunting should be legal. Criminals don't get their guns legally. What have you been smoking?

Her running as VP, is going to either help McCain significantly or hurt him significantly.

The NRA should just have tougher gun control.

Hey what I always believed in was:
    Either everyone get guns, or nobody have guns.

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

She's also an evangelical christian, which will probably gain the evangelical christian vote.

god help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiKage View Post
    Her running as VP, is going to either help McCain significantly or hurt him significantly.

The NRA should just have tougher gun control.

Hey what I always believed in was:
    Either everyone get guns, or nobody have guns.

Spoiler!
    No, thats what they are trying NOT to do, getting a tougher gun control laws. Regular, responsible folks should have access to guns easier.

Ummm how do the gangs get guns then to killl kids in Chicago?