Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spore talk!

Default Spore talk!

I know there's another thread, but it's months old and only filled with pre-release talk.

I just got my copy this morning, and quite frankly I can't stop playing! The creature creator is hardly even up to par with the actual thing.

Post screenshots of your creatures and civilizations, tell your epic stories of war and peace, let it all out.

Here's my creature's timeline so far :3

Mudkip 66 Lann

Woo a 3RD thread about this game!

Here's my creature from cell to final form:

Generation 10 was a total failure.

I enjoyed being in creature form more than I am enjoying tribal/civilization form :|

I got all the creature parts and got an award for taking over the whole island. My guys had 5 bite, 5 charge, 5 strike, 5 speed, 5 jump, 5 glide. Ultimate warriors. I would fly in with my pack and annihilate.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

I was going to get one this morning.

Then my parents deemed it "a waste of money"

:/ I have my own money.

I wonder if any religious groups have said anything about how this is promoting evolution and stuff.

But this game has nothing to do with the evolution of the creatures of reality. Why would they make a rap about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
    E-motion is liast thing we need to see.

Im getting it for NDS morrow. Hope it's as good as it looks.
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by Octo View Post
    But this game has nothing to do with the evolution of the creatures of reality. Why would they make a rap about that?
    It's just that while you're playing the game, you evolve depending on your surroundings, like my last creature was in a planet full of fast monsters and very steep slopes. My solution? I gave it the ability to fly.

I really like how this simulates real evolution, and well you know how some extremists are, I'm just wondering if at some mass someone has called it already a "product of the devil designed to teach the wrong ways" or something.

Here are some of my creations to share, just drag and drop to Spore:

Evolved from a cell:

Well, they called Harry Potter "a product of the devil" and look how well that went. :D

I don't have my copy yet, but I'm not sure if I have time to play it much right now... Plus I heard from the New York Times that the spaceflight stage kinda sucks. But I think I still want it. A lot.

Just not used to plunking down $50 for a non-expanded game...
    Spoiler!

It doesn't really suck, it's just that it's not about evolution or anything anymore, it's more about exploring the other planets, and it's kinda hard, it gets a little frustrating when some stupid war mongering race doesn't stop attacking your colonies.

But when I tire of that mode, I just create a new creature :)