Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sleepywood Sucks

Well, it's not hard to design a site for traffic, but most traffic you design for will attract retards before it will normal people. I mean look at H-S it has standards only because it's designed in a user friendly way and bridged a gap in the internet, and after others imitated it stayed as the best. The same way MapleWiki gets decent traffic for being the only MapleStory dedicated Wiki, and that SW does for being the first MapleStory related forum. They're all built for traffic, just look at the site (MT not so much as of recently). :/ Not to mention advertising (I don't think H-S does though).

I've run a few websites that had decent traffic (10k or so unique daily hits?), and I know what was behind it, and how they did it, as for any gaming website it's simple. Find a new game that's out, build your site to be very user friendly and invite the style of that website, while keeping integration and not too many options (don't scare people away), stay focused on that game and have an active staff (if you can get people obsessed with the game, elsewise friends or people who know what they're doing and want to help) and chances are it will float on it's own for the most part.

Realistically the only pro to these is that if you have advertising on your website (Kinda sucky, but if you do it right it's not so obtrusive), you'll gain revenue, other than that, it's no big deal.

A lot of those websites claim to always need money, but it's usually a lie, most of the money that these forums get goes to the pockets of the people running it. Most ad campaigns are either Pay per Click or per 1000 impressions, in which case either one should gain a decent income if you have a lot of people. Now if you have the same 500 people refreshing the site about 10,000 times a day, no that won't help. That's not the case exactly on SW where they have tons of friggin' people. And other sites like it.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

Until you make a website of your own that rivals HS or SW, you're just spouting inane prattle.

I've designed a school website for my school that had that much, so if you want to go by traffic and not type, yes, yes I have.

They've changed it since I've graduated and it looks like crap IMO.

sweagles.dadeschools.net if you're interested.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

I also got banned for saying and explaining why I hate noobs

As for making my own site, I'd post the link here, but I'm afraid i might get banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    I've designed a school website for my school that had that much, so if you want to go by traffic and not type, yes, yes I have.

They've changed it since I've graduated and it looks like crap IMO.

sweagles.dadeschools.net if you're interested.
    You piggy backed on the fame of a school and improved the crappy website of a 50 year old teacher's website. You seem to be having trouble with the word "rival".

Sorry to kick a dead mule but it would seems that Adura has kicked out Meso advertising and hacks of google and replace them with worse or worst ads.

Discuss.
    I'm Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    You piggy backed on the fame of a school and improved the crappy website of a 50 year old teacher's website. You seem to be having trouble with the word "rival".
    Despite the fact that you can no longer respond to this, I will state that I indeed added in my post that "unless you're counting type", since I've had a site that did, but seeing as it was for a different game, guess what? OMG it still doesn't count. No one is going to make another MapleStory website, it would be stupid.

--
    @Thart - Oh My God. Ads everywhere... how horrible. xP They REALLLY want money, don't they...
    Gone with the wind

The administrators of Sw are/directly associate with the biggest meso/character sellers.

I know this for a fact because I was one of them for the longest time. They even IP banned me when I uttered a slight word of it, but I let them know real quick that that **** wasn't gonna settle with me too well.

So THATS why you were demodded there... I had always wondered...

I knew that they were the people in charge of a few of the meso selling sites, but I didn't figure it that way ;]
    Gone with the wind

Slepywood forums... where it's impossible to never break a rule.