Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
OMG It's finally here. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG It's finally here.

Icon11

You forgot that the plot was directly ripped from Star Wars and the setting/characters were directly ripped from LOTR. You forgot that it's a children's book that ONLY children can tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    You forgot that the plot was directly ripped from Star Wars and the setting/characters were directly ripped from LOTR. You forgot that it's a children's book that ONLY children can tolerate.
    I don't remember anything being copied from LOTR, but I'll bite. It's fixed.

No, wait. Was it the Patchwork Map? I think that LOTR had one of those too.
    a manaaah who does not existaaaah

Icon11

No, I mean the races and some other specific things I can't remember. But as I read it there were just 100's of things that I went "Wow, copied from ____!" One thing was even copied from X-Files (don't remember that either).

I used to like the books, but my tastes have probably changed.

Anyway I'm reading lord of the rings, I haven't picked it up since August though. :p

Yes, I understand what you mean.

For example, early in the first book Eragon is described as having a collection of things he found interesting. In this collection there is a root that is so knotted and convoluted that it seemed to have only one end, and that Eragon would never tire of looking at it.

This is a direct ripoff of David Edding's books of the Belgariad, the Malloreon and its prequels and spinoffs, where Polgara the sorceress was given a root that really only had one end, the other presumed to be magically absent, because she was a pain in the ass when she was young and that would occupy her.

I almost threw the book after reading that. Paolini you *******, cut that out!

Icon11

Um, I haven't read that. I actually don't read fantasy novels. You could genuinely say I've read this and LOTR and that's all. It's just hard for me to like them. I like the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Um, I haven't read that. I actually don't read fantasy novels. You could genuinely say I've read this and LOTR and that's all. It's just hard for me to like them. I like the classics.
    I'll read anything that's fiction and has good character development...

Really, I just love the whole Fantasy Counterpart Culture (google it) thing that fantasy books do.

Man I love Fantasy, but I can't bring myself to read most of it, at this point I'd usually rather 'playing' it, like in Phantasy Star. To me when it comes to fantasy, books do a good job at it (I liked the wheel of time series) but at the same time, if I can 'play' in this 'world' I think that just one ups the **** out of it.
    Gone with the wind

I'mma spoil the book.
    Spoiler!
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    I'mma spoil the book.
    The Ra'zac and the Lethrblaka dies
    How did you end up spoiling that? That was like in the first 2 chapter.
    And Buffy staked Edward...The End!