Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "bailing out" the economy

I agree with this statement, you're a genius for a 5yo.
    Gone with the wind

Icon11

Let's just say it will probably pass and hope that the details they're not telling us are good things (probably not though).

700 billion dollar bailout sounds like a temporary solution to a big problem. It seems like Bush is try to get out, so he doesn't look like a terrible president. So if this bailout doesn't work and the economy goes into a depression, no one will blame him because he be off pumping some oil off the coast of Alaska.
    Spoiler!

Icon11

Handing every American a $600 check sounds like a temporary solution to a big problem,

I agree. Temporary tax relief stipend. Gave a little bump in the economy. So small, that it was probably invisible.
    Spoiler!

You can finally afford that Playstation 3!

Icon11

Haha no, most people actually put that money towards bills when we got it. Kind of shocking, but the gov. WANTED us to go out and waste it on things like that and we really didn't.

It was really the most retarded thing ever and I was against it. Bush's cut taxes/increase spending plan doesn't seem to have worked the way he hoped!

Spent mine on tires.
    Spoiler!

Wait what, they actually did that? I can't believe it. Specially from a 1st world country.

Icon11

Haha yes, you never heard about it? Or heard and thought they decided against it? We were going into recession and Bush's solution was to give everyone $600. Seriously.

I had a tree fall on my car so mine went to my insurance deductible and moving expenses (like my deposit, etc.). Despite that, I managed to get the old college credit cards paid off this year.