Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gift help!

Icon6 Gift help!

Help me random people of the internet!
    In something like 2 weeks we have our Holiday Party at work (wtf at the date, yes I know). Anyway there is a gift swap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_e..._gift_exchange) and I would like some random ideas! The max is 20$ and I want to bring something really awesome and random. Some of the best last year were toys (rock em sock em robots?! and this remote helicopter p.o.s. that was flown around the office until it hit something for the first time and broke) and this year I have friends who are bringing stuff like a wallet that looks like bacon to the Bro Code book based on How I met your mother.

So yes. ANY IDEAS?!
    (something easily buy-able online - say amazon - is preferable :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos

ahem

Jesus bandaids dur...

(see chat thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Icon6

hehe good idea, but I can't because i showed some friends that already :(
    Straight as a Daos

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Icon11

Um, the only one of those that seems ok is the keychain, Whendoom. O.o; That one was actually a really good idea, though.

Computer cables would be unappreciated by most people. Hell, even I would not appreciate that. I guess the thumb drive is kind of ok but still doesn't really say "gift." And the pen in the butt is inappropriate.

Why can't you go with some sort of food basket like a normal person? Others: A really nice pen (without butts), a foot bath, a little bamboo plant in a nice little pot, some sort of stupid cooking utensil/machine that not many people have but seems useful but will go in a cupboard and never leave the box, Chinese hand balls (those little metal balls with bells inside that you twirl in your hand for better muscle coordination - seems like a good thing to have on your desk at work), some dumb thing like a Chia pet or other made for TV crap, or some other dumb thing that's meant to be something sits on their desk.

Dekoy didnt want to get the humping dog usb drives :(

I thought they were perfect!

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Icon6

For some reason reading your post made me think of the "Bad Call Brick" one of my childhood friends had....Foam brick you throw at the tv....I must find it.
    Straight as a Daos

Icon11

I don't see any reason to get something the recipient will hate, unless it's especially funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Um, the only one of those that seems ok is the keychain, Whendoom. O.o; That one was actually a really good idea, though.

Computer cables would be unappreciated by most people. Hell, even I would not appreciate that. I guess the thumb drive is kind of ok but still doesn't really say "gift." And the pen in the butt is inappropriate.

Why can't you go with some sort of food basket like a normal person? Others: A really nice pen (without butts), a foot bath, a little bamboo plant in a nice little pot, some sort of stupid cooking utensil/machine that not many people have but seems useful but will go in a cupboard and never leave the box, Chinese hand balls (those little metal balls with bells inside that you twirl in your hand for better muscle coordination - seems like a good thing to have on your desk at work), some dumb thing like a Chia pet or other made for TV crap, or some other dumb thing that's meant to be something sits on their desk.
    I sorta agree that the keychain looks ok, but then again I was competing with a toy helicopter. I figure I throw in a few things to spice up the post. I guess I forgot to post this http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.405 Seriously though search the site, there's a lot of niffy ideas under 20 bucks. I'm still waiting for the lightsaber keychain. :D

if the budget was a little higher, i would recommend this http://www.amazon.com/Air-Hogs-Zero-...5310210&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    Dekoy didnt want to get the humping dog usb drives :(

I thought they were perfect!
    lol my boss has one on his desk. Not sure how HR feels about it but it was funny to me.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Icon11

I just feel that women especially wouldn't appreciate most of the little electronics (for this I'm not really talking about myself, but most women). Try and get something gender-neutral because you don't know who your recipient is. I wouldn't put a guy with a pen in his butt or dogs humping on my desk.