Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Never too soon: Pirate Builds

Banned

I think it's a bad idea to deprive a melee job of dash, how else would they get close enough? If they can't dash then they're a warrior until around 3rd job.

I'm think I remember seeing a gunslinger video where they would use somersault kick to stop themselves mid-backshot. If you can do that, it seems like it would be useful to keep yourself from falling off small platforms.

From what I've heard, its actually best for infighters to have no dash. Many have said its useless for them outside of just moving across maps since they're always aternating between screw punch and backspin blow. Since dash is canceled out when you turnaround,there is very little use for it.

However, this is just what I have heard from various other forums, not personal experience.

Edit:
    Found it, this was posted by a lvl 120 infighter/brawler on SP.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiKage View Post
    Why you shouldn't max Dash:
    People think that Infighters need max Dash in 1st job. Wrong. They don't get speed and power in 1st Job; Infighters are not Captain Falcon from SSBM. Infighters really only start to gain movement speed in 3rd job, where they get a haste effect from Transform.

Most Infighters we've talked to chose to get 0 Dash, and this is why:
    • From 2nd job onward, an Infighter constantly alternates between Screw Punch and Backspin Blow while training. That means you'll be changing directions almost constantly, since Screw Punch attacks in front of you and Backspin attacks behind you. Infighters turn a lot to focus attacks in one direction [i.e. using Screw Punch to attack monsters on your left side, then turning to the right and using Backspin to hit the same monsters]. When you change directions, Dash automatically turns off. If you accidentally double-tap an arrow key while training, Dash would activate, waste a little of your MP, and then turn off right when you turn the other way.
    • The other risk of getting Dash as an Infighter is that accidental taps of the arrow key will cause you to run right into monsters and large mobs where you'll receive unnecessary touch dmg. Infighters already get a haste effect from Transform in 3rd job, so until then Infighters can just get speed equips. Dash for Infighters, in all honesty, is useless, and sometimes dangerous. You should get 1 Double Fire instead of 1 Dash at the end of 1st Job, because in some instances, Dash can literally hurt you.

Granted, some will still want to use Dash for traveling purposes, which I (Takeback3r) agree with. Again, Dash is not recommended for Infighters, but if you really feel the pro's outweigh the con's, you can max it instead and leave Quick Motion at 11. We just wanted people to know that it can interrupt your fighting style. Taken from TakeBack3r and KazootheBat's Misconception thread

Banned

Does dash push you forward a little when you activate it? If it doesn't then there's no good reason to not get at least 1 point of it.

Drake

What people don't really know is that dash can be assigned to a keyboard key instead of having to do that stupid double tap.

For example, you can put it on Page Down. When you press it, the animation of Dash will appear, but you won't move. You can move right OR left, and won't matter which direction you're facing.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    What people don't really know is that dash can be assigned to a keyboard key instead of having to do that stupid double tap.

For example, you can put it on Page Down. When you press it, the animation of Dash will appear, but you won't move. You can move right OR left, and won't matter which direction you're facing.
    Thats a really useful tip! Sounds like I'm getting at least 1 Dash, and even if what OrangeGuy say doesn't work I can always just reset the point, 1rst job points are really cheap I think.

Thats a lot for the info guys, those websites really helped (specially ayumilove) I think I'm all set to make my brawler :)

Although gunslinger seem a lot more straight forward, and 2nd job for them seem really interesting. Maybe I'll make both.

how long before they come out exactly?
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhive View Post
    Although gunslinger seem a lot more straight forward, and 2nd job for them seem really interesting. Maybe I'll make both.

how long before they come out exactly?
    That's the chief reason I don't want to make a brawler, they're so complex with the interactions of transform and the energy moves. I'll still make one if gunslinger doesn't turn out to be as fun as I thought - I tried it on a private server.

They're coming out in the middle of november, approximately 1 week from now. They just added a skill/character info section: http://maplestory.nexon.net/Promo/Pirates.aspx

From what I can tell, they changed the names for some of the jobs as well as skill names and I think fake shot now only affects 2 monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Gunslingers
    STR = your level

Infighters (brawlers)
    DEx = your level

i thoght that is whold be the other away around
    Just letting you guys know, i play mabinogi. i know my account says my name is teenbeach120, but please call me zin or zinfandel ^^
    ign: zinfandel
    server:Mari

Phantom Watch

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by teenbeach120 View Post
    i thoght that is whold be the other away around
    actually thats incorrect. Brawler equipments will start to require lvl+5 dex from lvl 15 and on to meat weapon requirements. once that is met every point will be dumped into str. this would mean having 20 dex and 59 str at level 15.

yay 1 week left =)
    P.S. on hidden street under brawler abilities instead of corkscrew blow, they wrote corkscrew with an "c" instead of a "r" in cork
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.