Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Name Change is BLASPHEMY!

Banned

Valkyrie's were valiant female warriors with powers akin to a demi-God; they were fast and often embodied the wind, which could make sense as a gunslinger (shooting as fast as the wind). It would've made more sense as 4th job for infighters since Valkyries were usually melee fighters.

Viper could be taken as snake-like, so dubious.

Honestly neither made much sense, I'd blame the people who translated it. In korea they probably made sense, but I much prefer the new names. The only one I don't like is buccaneer but I don't particularly like that word, I wouldn't wanna be called it, but at least it makes sense.

Jr. Necki

I liked Captain better than corsair.

Who the hell is piloting your 4th job ship? A DAMN CAPTAIN!

Bralwer sounds pretty stupid, like your trying to incorporate SSBB into MS.

Viper over Buccaneer as 4th job name is common sense, just watch videos on Jms and Kms vipers and you will the meaning.

Banned

Brawler IS their name, infighter makes no sense. Don't bring SSB into this, just because they had the word doesn't mean any use of it is a reference to SSB.

Captain sounds horrible - why are they captain but gunslingers aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Jak0999 View Post
    This is coming from me!
    A Person who plays the Japanese version Maplestory, way ahead of the version you play.

The Name changes on jobs that North American Nexon places is complete and utter BLASPHEMY!

I would prefer to be a Valkerie than some idiot in the "old west" in black tight leather riding on a horse.

NA Nexon has taken away Captains and Vipers, which is what people originaly strive for!

を超えて9000です !!!!!
    the lame thing is, valkerie and vipers has absolutely nothing to do with pirates or seaferring. and technically, outlaw isnt westerned theme, it is simply a overall term for criminal activity. infact, pirates were called outlaws centuries before the american west began to be settled.

most all of the names for the pirate jobs had nothing to do with pirates. thats why they changed the names for the english versions, so they actually had something to do with pirates.

even corsair is pirate related. corsair being a type of boat commonly associated with pirates, and seeing as gunslinger's have boats to ride around in in 4th job, it makes sense.

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

Banned

lol... I love listening to the idiots who think ANY of the new job names have anything to do with cowboys. Buy a dictionary, morons. -_-''

Jr. Necki

Blade, did you take time to read the whole thread instead of being a dumbass and read the first post?

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Jak0999 View Post
    I liked Captain better than corsair.

Who the hell is piloting your 4th job ship? A DAMN CAPTAIN!

Bralwer sounds pretty stupid, like your trying to incorporate SSBB into MS.

Viper over Buccaneer as 4th job name is common sense, just watch videos on Jms and Kms vipers and you will the meaning.

;; Who the hell is piloting your 4th Job ship? Well, since your the only one in it, I guess you're the captain, 1st Mate, and all the other stupid ****. No logic.

First of all, please spell Brawler correctly. Second of all, just because something has the word 'brawl' in it doesn't mean they're ripping of Sakurai. Thirdly, WTF IS INFIGHTING? Fighting inside?

...? All I see in KMS videos is Viper/Buccaneers beating the **** out of enemies with that quick punch thing and using transform to do other crazy stuff. Buccaneer makes infinitely more sense.
    Spoiler!

The fact of the matter is msot jobs have a general outline of the idea, Thief->Assassin->Hermit->Night Lord
    Makes perfect sense
    Magician->Wizard->Mage->Arch Mage

Thief->Bandit->Chief Bandit->Shadower (Shadower making less sense)

Pirate->Gunslinger->Outlaw->Corsair
    This makes no sense at all honestly, you going from being a pirate, to then moving on to being a gunslinger this breaking the general trend, you could conclude that gunslinger would mean anyone who carries a gun but traditionally throughout gaming this is NOT the case. Then you go from being a gunslinger to an outlaw (logical progression), but then to a corsair, again a senseless progression.

Pirate->Brawler->Marauder->Buccaneer
    Pirates could be said to be brawlers, but it's note exactly a progression of the word, the same can be said up to marauders who simply loot and whatnot, brawlers just fight and whatnot.
    Buccaneer is a logical advancement from any previous pirate term but at the same time, it doesn't exactly define a 'class' of pirate, which is the point being made. They're all general terms to describe low-class pirates, with no real progression between them.

--
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=infighter
    Infighting would be a technically correct term, albeit a lesser known one.

Most of the names suck, and they sucked before, but before the made more progressive sense than now.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

A corsair is a ship built for speed, particularly useful in piracy. During 4th job they gain rapid fire, making them quite fast. Logic would dictate that the name means to convey a sense of upgraded speed.

A marauder doesn't really convey a sense of anything other than possibly cruelty; it's generic enough to be given to a pirate, but not specific enough for gunslingers. The only real problem with any of these names is that the names given to brawlers are extremely vague and don't convey the sense of specialization that the gunslinger names do.

Outlaw and marauder sound very cool to me, possibly the best 3rd job names in the game. Brawler is pretty cool, but gunslinger sounds too unimaginative. Buccaneer and corsair both suck, but only because they sound awful, not because they don't make sense.

Allllrite Soups Up Time Fora A New Patch Ots Today Woot