Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: "Where's your god now?"

Icon11

"Free will" and "God's plan" are parts of Christianity that directly contradict each other, yes. If you ask a priest/pastor/whoever, "Why is there war and disease and pain in the world?" you will probably get answers ranging from, "Adam and Eve" to "We must face trials in this life to earn our place in Heaven."

An answer to the "Pain in the world?" question is not "free will." That makes no sense, as there are plenty of things in nature that cause humanity a lot of grief, from diseases to dangerous animals to extreme weather.

The evils of the world are not actually something that disprove God, they are something that disprove a benevolent God.

i cant believe i completely missed this thread's extra 13 pages.

anyways, this thread just mind as well revive the religious debate thread or that other empty house one about religous fanatics.

the only thing that i saw while reading up to page 10 that was different was that Elderdragon made better points than pyrofyr.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Not exactly, it has to do with free will, ask anyone.

@CDFA - Read the bible, the latin version is preferred as much is lost in translation between latin and English, but if not whatever. If you find it difficult, there are many modern day translations, but even more may be lost in translation! It's a pretty dry book, it's hard to jump into. :/
    The world is FREAKING created, a murder happens, some guy almost kills his son, some dude gets eaten by a whale, and this guy named Jesus gets a place in your heart, dies, but doesn't die.

IT IS THE MOST EPIC BOOK EVER!

I should do my Book Hook on it :D.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post
    The world is FREAKING created, a murder happens, some guy almost kills his son, some dude gets eaten by a whale, and this guy named Jesus gets a place in your heart, dies, but doesn't die.

IT IS THE MOST EPIC BOOK EVER!

I should do my Book Hook on it :D.
    lol makes lord of the rings sound well epic still but more epic FAIL... lolz..
    CHECK LIST FOR SOLO BOSSES
    MM DONE LVL 45
    ZMM DONE LVL 50
    J ROG DONE lvl 60
    C ROGS DONE LVL 75
    BIG PUFF DADDY DONE LVL 71(3 hours:o)
    MUSHDAD.......... cant hit yet..:eek:
    QUEST BOSSES ALL DONE lvl 80
    HEADLESS HORSE MAN
    BIG FOOT