Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Where's your god now?"

Have any of you ever heard of the phrase, "Don't crap where you eat"? Well this is like explosive diarrhea in a McDonalds. Nothing good can come of it.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

Read Richard Dawkins. He writes to disprove the existence of God; if you are religious, perhaps you should read the book to enlighten yourself or to just test the strength of your own faith.

People who think they know something that someone else doesn't will always act like condescending pricks.

No offense.

Banned

Heh...

It wasn't meant ot be a sleight against God, it's a lolcat reference. Endcat... longcat... basementcat...

Honestly, I think it's one of the best user title's I could've thought of, took me all of 3 minutes. :D

Settle down rook, don't take my comments over xfire personally.

Heh, seems like fizzard doesn't understand the point of the thread. I'm not surprised though, he isn't much of a bright fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I don't like saying much about me being muslim on the forum. Mostly because some people will go "WRONG, THERE IS NO GOD". I honestly don't care much about atheists in the forum, they have their belief and hopefully they will educate themselves before they die. But here's the thing, I understand that if no one is interested in what your saying, don't say a thing but it doesn't seem like others understand that. I'm not interested in atheism, nor am I even going to play with that thought, so asserting that belief would be rather annoying.
    Generally the phrase starts with "God bless you", bless you is just a shortened version.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I don't like saying much about me being muslim on the forum. Mostly because some people will go "WRONG, THERE IS NO GOD". I honestly don't care much about atheists in the forum, they have their belief and hopefully they will educate themselves before they die. But here's the thing, I understand that if no one is interested in what your saying, don't say a thing but it doesn't seem like others understand that. I'm not interested in atheism, nor am I even going to play with that thought, so asserting that belief would be rather annoying.
    So you don't like asserting your beliefs, yet you make pretentious and snobby statements like "I hope they educate themselves before they die"? There's a reason that most of the intellectual elite globally is atheist - try educating yourself pal.

That's a statement I wouldn't go too far to say without honestly being educated on, I'm fairly sure that it's quite spread out there, no one religion or lack thereof takes the cake.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    So you don't like asserting your beliefs, yet you make pretentious and snobby statements like "I hope they educate themselves before they die"? There's a reason that most of the intellectual elite globally is atheist - try educating yourself pal.
    It's one thing to be condescending towards the ignorant (educationally ignorant, not spiritual 'infidels'), while another to be a religious zealot.

I could go around being a teacher and reprimanding almost everyone I come in contact with, and still not give a damn about religion.

I feel it's best to live and let live, and take in everything without involving religious dissent; God wants his zealots to be happy and spread his word, but he doesn't say they must be successful. On the flipside, the atheists just want to believe what they want to believe without persecution (unless they're an anti-religious fanatic, which makes them no better than those religious freaks who persecute almost everyone).

Wherever did you get the idea, though, that 'most' of the 'intellectually elite' are atheist? This is highly subjective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    Wherever did you get the idea, though, that 'most' of the 'intellectually elite' are atheist? This is highly subjective.
    Most of them are, take a look; I know it's a stereotype but even stereotypes have a gram of truth in them. I can't directly prove it, but evidence suggest that I'm right.