Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Where's your god now?"

Default "Where's your god now?"

[YOUTUBE]HDlLX6gfglY[/YOUTUBE]
    Singled you out there

This is just an issue that can get to me at times, not over forums though mind you who knows what type of garbage one could type over their keyboard. Rather people acting out against or slandering God, or other peoples religion that means so much to them. For myself I am really undecided and confused on the topic of religion but would be more toward the Baptist types.

I dislike some people, particularly talking about people that I deal with in person, are I believe what you would call Atheist and don't belive in any gods but their continuous remarks and harmful ways to express what some say a hate for god to get under people skin is completely unnecessary. I can deal with things such as and ignore it but my friend is very religious and people that don't respect others religions need to step back and think of waht they view as most dear or sacred to them..

jus' throwing some randoms out there, add in personal experiences if you want.

While I agree on some level when people need to stop going GOD ISNT REAL! BUT, some people need to chill out. I personally dont care about that and if you truly believed in (God, Buddha, Tom Cruise etc.) you wouldnt care what people said.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ninjadude543 View Post
    if you truly believed in (God, Buddha, Tom Cruise etc.) you wouldnt care what people said.
    I have to disagree with you there, someone blatantly cursing any religion out and singling that person out could make them upset and bother them.

and lets not talk about if this is real or not that's not the point, I remember that happened to the thread like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RookTM View Post
    I have to disagree with you there, someone blatantly cursing any religion out and singling that person out could make them upset and bother them.

and lets not talk about if this is real or not that's not the point, I remember that happened to the thread like that.
    I'm not arguing for the fact if you think its real or not. Like if I thought putting hot sauce in my eggs was delicious and some other guy liked ketchup on his eggs. and he went HEY YOUR TASTE IN EGGS IS NASTY. If I truly thought eggs were better with hot sauce I wouldnt really mind his statement even if i was in a room of ketchup lovers. While I would respect it I wouldnt be offended.

I'm going to bed but I am eager to see other responses.
    Spoiler!

people also need to learn to not let every little thing offend them.

(also rook, do you realize that's a quote from Gundam, right?)

I view it this way:

People who seek to disprove God and constantly spew information to try and force their opinions upon others are just as bad as those who seek God and actively try to convert and/or discredit non-believers.

And vice versa. Both have their lows and highs, and the highs are both are equally as bad as each other. All the overdone anti-religious satire is just as bad as the overzealous religion that caused the satire.

Just as this thread is equally as bad as ElderDragon's "Kiss Hank's Ass" thread.

We... we have a thread for this.

Just as you can go around saying "Bless you" and "mmhmm that's God's work", we can go around saying "Where's your God now?". I may not agree with Elder at times, but that there is his choice, and he should be able to, if you have a problem ALWAYS take it up in PMs first.

BTW, singling out Atheists is stupid, I've found Christians to be generally more intolerent of other's beliefs, and I mean by people I know. I tell Christian people I don't believe in God and they just start to freak out and are like "How can that be? have you ever gone to church, read the bible, etc?" and they go apenuts.

Whatever though, if you wanna talk about the validity of his statement there is a thread, if you want to dispute his right to say that, just don't bother, and if you just wanna see who else is 'deeply bothered' by this to try and get it taken off, that's also probably pointless.

Also, as you probably know by now, that's one of the most stock 'internet phrases' used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    I view it this way:

People who seek to disprove God and constantly spew information to try and force their opinions upon others are just as bad as those who seek God and actively try to convert and/or discredit non-believers.

And vice versa. Both have their lows and highs, and the highs are both are equally as bad as each other. All the overdone anti-religious satire is just as bad as the overzealous religion that caused the satire.

Just as this thread is equally as bad as ElderDragon's "Kiss Hank's Ass" thread.
    Wow, you're probably the first preson here to make a ridiculously observant and intelligent remark within your first week, I like you, a lot.
    Gone with the wind

Since when has "Bless you" been a Jewish/Christian/Catholic phrase? I learned it was common curteousy to say Bless You when someone sneezes.

Wow, I must live in a school full of christians who suddenly become atheist the second I sneeze, then turn back once someone else sneezes.

Amazing.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

I don't like saying much about me being muslim on the forum. Mostly because some people will go "WRONG, THERE IS NO GOD". I honestly don't care much about atheists in the forum, they have their belief and hopefully they will educate themselves before they die. But here's the thing, I understand that if no one is interested in what your saying, don't say a thing but it doesn't seem like others understand that. I'm not interested in atheism, nor am I even going to play with that thought, so asserting that belief would be rather annoying.

Icon11

In real life, I definitely follow the rule not to bring up religion or politics, so I have to get it out of my system online. Sorry. Well, I don't bring them up with random people, at any rate. And all my friends and family believe in God. My parents know I'm not religious, but the topic worries them over my immortal soul or something. My friends know, but we've got better things to discuss - silly things.

Quite frankly, atheists are the minority by a large degree and just get angry. I don't harass people about it across different threads or anything, but if the topic comes up or it's in the religion thread, it's fair game.

Everyone needs to come to their own conclusions. However, if you make a statement that is blatantly wrong, I'm going to correct you, and there are a lot of such statements made on this forum.