Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Nest~!

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Ugh, English dubbing would suck ._.
    I'd still play it but I'd turn off the voices.

I'll only turn sounds off if the voices sound like a 40 year old chain smoker. Or Miley Cyrus. Shudder.

@ The Exhaust system - I'm going to 'predict' that they won't have a fatigue system for the American version, since it always seems to be the Asian countries with the complete game addicts which implement systems like that (another being the game curfew in Korea). I don't know of any American games which discourage players to continue playing after a certain number of hours/instances.
    viva la nagato yuki

Pretty sure Vindictus does that with their token system, though you can buy more for NX.

I hope they get rid of the fatigue system, but if they don't and implement an NX item that lets you enter as much as you want, or lets you enter more (like refills your fatigue bar, say), then I'll probably end up spending a ton of money on the game for the first week or so lol.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

This game's really got something against minotaurs.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Fatigue system was really a ball buster, but in the end wasn't SO bad. What grinds my gears is that you can pay to get around the systems, if you couldn't, I'd be okay with it.

Sucks to see that Koreans are taking these 'antigrind' systems so seriously, I hated it on Vindictus (wasn't so bad when it was every 4 hours or so in beta, but once out of beta and being twice a week it sucks). It's really ruining the feel of most MMOs these days.

Anyway, how is Dragon Nest doing? Any good? Standard kMMO?
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Fatigue system was really a ball buster, but in the end wasn't SO bad. What grinds my gears is that you can pay to get around the systems, if you couldn't, I'd be okay with it.

Sucks to see that Koreans are taking these 'antigrind' systems so seriously, I hated it on Vindictus (wasn't so bad when it was every 4 hours or so in beta, but once out of beta and being twice a week it sucks). It's really ruining the feel of most MMOs these days.

Anyway, how is Dragon Nest doing? Any good? Standard kMMO?
    Loved DN when I played it in kMS, though I was only playing it during OBT. Once that ended I couldn't get back on, so haven't played since then.
    And no, this game is not at all grind-y. Think Vindictus, but more fun/less supersrs.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Loved DN when I played it in kMS, though I was only playing it during OBT. Once that ended I couldn't get back on, so haven't played since then.
    And no, this game is not at all grind-y. Think Vindictus, but more fun/less supersrs.

It's not exactly possible to grind, if you define grinding as staying in one map and killing monsters.
    There aren't any non-timed dungeon maps where monsters are roaming around, so no one ever stays in the same map for a long time. I mean, if you do, then you won't get as much EXP at the end. But take the 'same-map-only' thought out of grinding, and I think it's like grinding. Going through the same dungeons over and over again ... I think I've said this before, but it's just made up of PPQ-style dungeons. You go in, killkillkill, kill boss, go out, go back in.

Iz what I think. There's no difference between DN Korea DN Japan in terms of maps/monsters is there? If there is disregard this whole post :P
    viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post

It's not exactly possible to grind, if you define grinding as staying in one map and killing monsters.
    There aren't any non-timed dungeon maps where monsters are roaming around, so no one ever stays in the same map for a long time. I mean, if you do, then you won't get as much EXP at the end. But take the 'same-map-only' thought out of grinding, and I think it's like grinding. Going through the same dungeons over and over again ... I think I've said this before, but it's just made up of PPQ-style dungeons. You go in, killkillkill, kill boss, go out, go back in.

Iz what I think. There's no difference between DN Korea DN Japan in terms of maps/monsters is there? If there is disregard this whole post :P
    Probably not.

In response to the first paragraph, typical Korean MMORPGs have a single map where you just kill loads of monsters in; Ragnarok Online, Maplestory, Aion, Talesweaver, etc. The list is infinite.
    The dungeon-rushing type "grind" is different for everyone I guess. As someone who's played a lot of different kMMOs, it doesn't feel like grind to me at all, since I'm not "cycling" a single map like in Maplestory, or just wandering around looking for stuff to kill like in RO.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Watched a ton of Bowmaster videos today.

I think the boss' skills look better than the character skills.
    I'm de---finitely picking getting an Archer now.

I don't think anyone has said which class they'll pick if they're playing.

viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post
    Watched a ton of Bowmaster videos today.

I think the boss' skills look better than the character skills.
    I'm de---finitely picking getting an Archer now.

I don't think anyone has said which class they'll pick if they're playing.

Sorceress or Paladin. Played pally in the kDN, was great. I sort of want to try Sorceress though.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    I'll stab you. Nothing is more annoying than people calling every MMO a "WoW clone".
    lol, Ragnarok is a WoW clone.

I mean

they look so similar.

Right?

Anti-loot is even worse. Pet Forest has a number of measures to make sure you pretty much are broke under normal circumstances. Durability weapons pretty much across the board, alot of the weapons have pretty huge upgrade/create costs and monster money drops are horrible. 30 copper when you need about 5 gold (= about 1500 kills, after which you have to repot several times). It's a fun game, but it's a major pain to grind after level 10 unless you go quest crazy.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 5th April 2011 at 08:07 AM.