Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pirates are.... kinda weak at first job

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowzeon View Post
    A little late to the thread but I'll throw in my input.

The one thing that hurts players the most is doing quests but they don't know that QUESTS ARE YOUR FRIENDS. They give out lovely sums of EXP and equips and such that if you can't use, you can sell.

As for actually getting EXP. PQs are only good if you--yourself are a compitent member of the party. If you're level 21 and you're PQing and you know you can't hit anything... What are you doing!?

Training is better than PQing (to me) because you can not only calculate a steady EXP intake, but also a cash intake that most people overlook. If you're at Pig Beach, and you know that you can kill 500 in an hour. Not only are you getting 7500-10000 EXP an hour but you're also shoveling in 7000-15000 Meso an hour. (On an optomistic lookout to meso drops)

Whereas PQing lands you a 2700 EXP base (KPQ). Plus whatever you get from monster kills. And there's no way to accurately gauge how long a PQ can take, plus the random-osities of people dying and disconnecting, AFK-ness. You're going to chance 3000-5000 EXP in 7-30 minutes?

To me that's a little nonsensical. Plus you're waiting on actually getting in and other setbacks on time? Not me.
    I was playing KMS at one point, and no one KPQ's at night (or so it seems). So we rushed about 15 times in an hour.
    Tell me that doesn't own. I dare you. (Ok, well... That IS an exaggeration; but I did level up about every maybe 1 - 1.5 hours ish.)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Again, it ONLY pwns if you have the friends to do it and AT a time when NO ONE else plays.

If you can grab 3 people and KPQ at like 1AM, it's not hard to do it in gMS. I've done it often.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Then you'll love the boss PQ, check it out:
    [youtube]3gIfUeF0gqE[/youtube]
    From what I can tell, practically anyone can do it since you start on really weak monsters, but there's probably a level limit. '
    Awesome vid, is the Samiho?(the white fox) and King Clang in gMS yet?

I wonder what the last boss would be. The strongest boss I can solo is CRog.
    PROBLEM SLEUTH COMICS:

Spoiler!

I'm an ass, so I didn't read the whole topic.

When you do 1's and 200's to an enemy is that you're under the level requirement to kill that monster. You have enough accuracy, but your level is too low, so the game "limits" your damage to 1's.

That's why even if you're a Hunter with super high accuracy, you'll only do 1's against let's say, a Gatekeeper, when your damage formula says you should be doing at least 1000 against it. It's not their defense, just their high level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaz_jo View Post
    Awesome vid, is the Samiho?(the white fox) and King Clang in gMS yet?

I wonder what the last boss would be. The strongest boss I can solo is CRog.
    King Clang is, on the last map of florina, that's all I'm sure of. "Samiho" may be out, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post

When you do 1's and 200's to an enemy is that you're under the level requirement to kill that monster. You have enough accuracy, but your level is too low, so the game "limits" your damage to 1's.

That's why even if you're a Hunter with super high accuracy, you'll only do 1's against let's say, a Gatekeeper, when your damage formula says you should be doing at least 1000 against it. It's not their defense, just their high level.
    That sounds as if it may be true, but it doesn't account for the 1's gunslingers hit on monsters that are much lower than them or the damage ranges of a 2x brawler on wild boars.

Samiho is actually the name of the "three tailed" foxes. Gumiho is out in gMS, but it's called the Nine-Tailed Fox.(damn Naruto inspired translations >_>) It's located in the Hidden Street on Fox Ridge.(first cave you see on the map.) I'm not sure what the spawn rate is, although I'd say it's somewhere between 90 mins and 2 hours.(might be longer, not sure) Although you do have to kill it to complete the Legends of Hometown set of quests.
    "A simple gaze, with unseeing eyes,
    each step leading to a new surprise.
    The path ahead, is lonely and dark,
    deep inside ,the hallways of my heart."-Unknown

Unless they've changed it recently, that's actually just due to defense. o_O;
    Gone with the wind

I did 43 damage to a Wolf spider with a level 43 D:
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

I've never had this problem either. >.>; I could logon to my pirate and head to NLC to prove it, but for some reason MS lags the crap out of me, I've tried checking if it's other programs but no, it's just MS. It seems that whatever they did to allow you to window it is horrid, cause I ONLY play windowed, and once I window it, is when the lag pops up.
    Gone with the wind