Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean's Guide to a Perfect STR Mage

If you're gonna be an STR Mage, I'd suggest F/P. How do you think you're gonna level as a Priest? Answer that question and I'll continue being a part of the discussion

No

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperhal View Post
    If you're gonna be an STR Mage, I'd suggest F/P. How do you think you're gonna level as a Priest? Answer that question and I'll continue being a part of the discussion
    How will I level up as a Priest?
    Simple. Go into Herb Town PQ, Zakum PQ, or simply be a Support Cleric and party with DKs on Mino. Supportive and useful Spells like "Summon Dragon" and "Doom" and "Dispel" will make a STR-Priest quite popular in Parties, b/c since you do not need to raise any offensive spells. From early on, you will be welcome in more advanced parties like Zak.

Isn't the damage formula of Summon Dragon dependent on your INT?

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by jacxis View Post
    Isn't the damage formula of Summon Dragon dependent on your INT?
    Exactly. With that kind of INT, the only words you'll see from the attacks are MISS. Sure, with Doom, Dispel, and Bless, you'll have some useful party buffs, but why bother getting a STR Mage limited to those skills when a normal Cleric will have Heal, Summon Dragon, Shining Ray, Genesis, and other great skills? STR Mage is all about fun soloing, not partying.

F/P, on the other hand, can train from 3rd Job TO the end of 4th Job only using Poison Myst. With that skill, Seal, Magic Booster, and Teleport, your leveling pace will increase later on.

But then again, I'd like to see someone make a I/L STR Mage.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    But then again, I'd like to see someone make a I/L STR Mage.
    Would adding STR and LUK result in a I/L who can physically hit (less hard than F/P and cleric, of course) and magically freeze mobs? If enough LUK was added you'll have both weapon and magic accuracy, plus deal enough damage to deal any amount of damage for the freeze effect to trigger.

Digress a little: does Poison Myst work on bosses? I know you can't freeze bosses...

EDIT: Let's take a look at a level 30 I/L and see how he fares against a level 32 mob with 10 avoid and 1000HP (which happens to be a Fire Boar). Assume he adds level 1 Cold Beam, and is armed with a Green Paint Brush (WA 48, MA 45, HP +30). We'll only look at weapon damage, magic damage, and magic accuracy. I don't have an accuracy calculator for weapon attacks, and neither do I have a damage calculator for both weapon and magic attacks with mob defence included in the math. I didn't factor in the elemental weakness here as well.

Total AP: 170

Build 1: STR + DEX + INT
    Decent DEX for accuracy, plus INT in a hope that it will raise MA and avoid the painful MISS and magic accuracy.
    STR 56
    DEX 50
    INT 60
    LUK 4

Magic Attack Hit rate: 42.908796810612245
    Magic Damage: 7-61
    Weapon Damage: 31-142

Build 2: STR + LUK
    LUK to raise MA and magic accuracy to avoid the painful MISS. But weapon accuracy sort of suffers here, since LUK adds less accuracy than DEX. But at least you got more avoid LOLZ.
    STR 86
    DEX 4
    INT 20
    LUK 60

Magic Attack Hit rate: 74.37005381387754
    Magic Damage: 5-48
    Weapon Damage: 13-183

What if he went the standard STR mage way?
    Build 2: STR + DEX
    STR 96
    DEX 50
    INT 20
    LUK 4

Magic Attack Hit rate: 0
    Magic Damage: 4-38
    Weapon Damage: 37-226

I wonder which is better... LOLZ

Done with help from:
    HS Damage Calculator
    http://sea.hidden-street.net/general/damagecalc.php

Magic Accuracy Calculator
    http://nekonecat.googlepages.com/magicacc.htm

all i can say is that if you want to make a str mage do and dont be put off by other peoples damage cuz in the end its for fun.

hateboy

8thgame,this is a website.
    Come here!
    You will find wonderful things in this area. Every page every picture is what you want to see .when you feel tired in game .sitting down here .and open this page. Maybe you will find something exciting. Or just an easy click. But l want you could have a try. Remember the logo l mean the coffee.

Unfortunately, Im gonna have to disagree with one of your pros. Popular at pqs.

If youre a str mage cleric, there is absolutely no way people would like you at all due to lack of heal. All parties want is their precious heal, and since you dont gots it, they go WTF? Noob cleric, kick you out or possibly get defamed.

People might find Str mage F/ps cool, since they dont expect them to heal.