Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which is better?

Dude, WHAT?
    SK > Dash, but do whatever you want, I wouldn't listen to him on that one, but it's up to you. You wouldn't have '2' points leftover unless something was left at 19 anyway.
    Gone with the wind

Icon1

nope only 20 for Double Shot and 2 for SK. I got a bonus at Maple Island and I kept it for Pirate.

Bonus, eh?
    Should be 61 points you get total:
    20 SK
    20 Bullet Time
    20 Double Shot
    1 Dash

Or mix that up, whatever, like 10 Dash 11 SK.

If you end up with under SK and you got Flash Fist, you're a 'tard of a gunslinger. :/
    Gone with the wind

i onyl gonna do Strait and Somersault Kick

Banned

Straight? You mean fist? You shouldn't have any fist and somersault kick is useless, dash is MUCH more useful. As soon as you hit 2nd job you get 1 point of invisible shot that replaces somersault kick completely but dash you'll use way past 2nd job.

I'm not gonna bother giving anymore advice since you're clearly confused and have no idea what you're doing. Don't feel like walking you through the basics.

To say SK is useless pretty much negates any conversation you have within this thread. Dash is useless once you pass a certain level and unless you're good with your fingers and can distinguish between a tap and a double tap, can be harmful for you, most people can't, those of us that can however, can use dash with no problem. Another thing to note is that at higher levels that extra speed is VERY easy to get.

If you're a gunslinger you pretty much HAVE to have one of these following builds:
    20 Bullet Time
    20 Double Shot
    20 Somersault Kick
    1 Dash (or 1 Flash Fist)

OR
    20 Bullet Time
    20 Double Shot
    10 Dash
    11 Somersault Kick

If neither of those are your build you're doing something WRONG. That is from a Gunslinger's view, if you're going Brawler, there are 2 options as well. Realistically as a Gunslinger Dash>SK, but SK can help during early lvl leveling, so it only matters if you want to get that out of the way ASAP.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Straight? You mean fist? You shouldn't have any fist and somersault kick is useless, dash is MUCH more useful. As soon as you hit 2nd job you get 1 point of invisible shot that replaces somersault kick completely but dash you'll use way past 2nd job.

I'm not gonna bother giving anymore advice since you're clearly confused and have no idea what you're doing. Don't feel like walking you through the basics.
    SK is NOT useless, at lvl 22 with 10 SK, I hit between 150-200ish on my gunslinger when using a fish spear. Because we have so much dex, when using a melee wep such as a spear, we have extremely stable damage. Plus, since SK is a forced stab, we get the 5 STR multiplier of a spear stab everytime. Even if you leave it at lvl 11, it is usefull at maps like CFD. Long story short, get 11 SK before BT.

20 DS
    10 Dash
    11 SK
    20 Bullet Time

Oh my 'build' didn't account for order, it was just 'what to get', FYI.
    Gone with the wind

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    To say SK is useless pretty much negates any conversation you have within this thread. Dash is useless once you pass a certain level and unless you're good with your fingers and can distinguish between a tap and a double tap, can be harmful for you, most people can't, those of us that can however, can use dash with no problem. Another thing to note is that at higher levels that extra speed is VERY easy to get.

If you're a gunslinger you pretty much HAVE to have one of these following builds:
    20 Bullet Time
    20 Double Shot
    20 Somersault Kick
    1 Dash (or 1 Flash Fist)

OR
    20 Bullet Time
    20 Double Shot
    10 Dash
    11 Somersault Kick

If neither of those are your build you're doing something WRONG. That is from a Gunslinger's view, if you're going Brawler, there are 2 options as well. Realistically as a Gunslinger Dash>SK, but SK can help during early lvl leveling, so it only matters if you want to get that out of the way ASAP.
    Huh? I don't see bullet time. You guys know i'm still a pirate at 1st job, Pre-Gunslinger rite?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thathurt View Post
    SK is NOT useless, at lvl 22 with 10 SK, I hit between 150-200ish on my gunslinger when using a fish spear. Because we have so much dex, when using a melee wep such as a spear, we have extremely stable damage. Plus, since SK is a forced stab, we get the 5 STR multiplier of a spear stab everytime. Even if you leave it at lvl 11, it is usefull at maps like CFD. Long story short, get 11 SK before BT.

20 DS
    10 Dash
    11 SK
    20 Bullet Time
    For some reason my post was deleted... o_O

Anyway, you're advocating the same build as me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadTomix View Post
    Huh? I don't see bullet time. You guys know i'm still a pirate at 1st job, Pre-Gunslinger rite?
    Pyro's builds suck, ignore them. You'll regret not having dash later on, it's never a burden and there's no situation where being faster isn't useful. If you can't manage a double tap then you have more severe problems than the usefulness of dash.

This is the icon for bullet time:

It should be the first one in your skill list.