Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Phail

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    I pity those who have yet to see the light...Any job does way better: example, I have lvl 22 warrior as well, he hits in 500 easy...Gunslinger hits 140-160. Sin at lvl 22 hits 300- 450...Mages hit the most at lvl 22 with 500-600...SO

EPIC FAILURE :D

you fail, many people were hitting 500-700 with the pirates in the 2x range.

gunslingers fail, brawlers however are good.

besides, if you knew anything about pirates, they are about speed of attack, which in the long run mean they hit higher damage overall quicker then other classes.

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

Xtreme702.
    You suck at playing it. Period.

You refuse to see the good side of it. You're impatient. What wonders can they do in future, did ya think? Doubt it.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    I pity those who have yet to see the light...Any job does way better: example, I have lvl 22 warrior as well, he hits in 500 easy...Gunslinger hits 140-160. Sin at lvl 22 hits 300- 450...Mages hit the most at lvl 22 with 500-600...SO

EPIC FAILURE :D
    There's a really big reason why you don't add STR to a GunSlinger and DEX to a Brawler.

Banned

I think I'm gonna compile a list of people who think pirates are "epic phail", then come around and KS you at 120 or something. I, of course, won't leave till I get a smega out of you that goes "I never know what the hell I'm talking about because my head has been lodged up my ass since birth; that's the best place to keep it, otherwise some knowledge might get to it".

What do you mean they can't kill without double shot?

It's their primary attack for first job, but in second job once invisible shot is maxed it's mostly overtaken by that. Most classes rely on one attack as their main - sins' lucky seven; archers' double shot (or whatever it's called, I don't know anything about archers); mages' magic claw, etc.

Gunslingers can actually use somersault kick pretty well, too. I mobbed with it a lot at the Caution Falling Down map.

And yes, they do weak damage, but it's made up for greatly by their fast shooting speed. They start to really pick up damage-wise around 7x and 8x.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo
    There's a really big reason why you don't add STR to a GunSlinger and DEX to a Brawler.
    And what is that?

My gunslinger is currently level 35, and as such my base str is also 35. I see gunslingers being a lot like archers in the way of statless -- although it's wise to keep your str as low as possible, going completely strless is not the best idea. It's fathomable later when we get Maple guns, but right now a low-ish base str is fine. Brawlers on the other hand have a better opportunity to go dexless, as you can scroll nearly anything for dex. However, due to their low accuracy, unless you're extremely funded I would advise against completely dexless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pani View Post
    My gunslinger is currently level 35, and as such my base str is also 35. I see gunslingers being a lot like archers in the way of statless -- although it's wise to keep your str as low as possible, going completely strless is not the best idea. It's fathomable later when we get Maple guns, but right now a low-ish base str is fine. Brawlers on the other hand have a better opportunity to go dexless, as you can scroll nearly anything for dex. However, due to their low accuracy, unless you're extremely funded I would advise against completely dexless.
    With the introduction of various new statless weapons (among them the new level 64 maple weapons) there is no longer any advantage to not going statless. The only thing standing in your way now is money, for those who can afford it, it is definitely better.

Gunslingers aren't all that fast actually, double shot is. Compare the shooting speed of all other attacks in video to double shot, they're relatively slower. Invisible shot is excruciating for me to use right now at level 34 because of how slow it is but a regular 1 bullet attack is the same speed and I surmise that most other attacks will be of equivalent speed.

Are those with booster or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon
    With the introduction of various new statless weapons (among them the new level 64 maple weapons) there is no longer any advantage to not going statless. The only thing standing in your way now is money, for those who can afford it, it is definitely better.
    The problem is with gunslingers, as of now there are no statless weapons for pirates. I am absolutely sure they'll come in the future, but right now, all gunslingers rely on their str to equip higher guns. Since there are many more equips that can be scrolled for dex as opposed to str, it's just simpler to try and keep your str low, but also raise your dex through equips as well.

Once statless weapons for pirates are released, yes, the current full/low secondary stat pirates will be weaker, but honestly I don't really care. I like to improve my own damage, but I don't wish to compare it to others'. People have different funding and different ways of playing and I prefer to play to improve for myself, not other people.
    Interested in joining Graffiti?

Banned

Are those with booster or not?

The problem is with gunslingers, as of now there are no statless weapons for pirates. I am absolutely sure they'll come in the future, but right now, all gunslingers rely on their str to equip higher guns. Since there are many more equips that can be scrolled for dex as opposed to str, it's just simpler to try and keep your str low, but also raise your dex through equips as well.

Once statless weapons for pirates are released, yes, the current full/low secondary stat pirates will be weaker, but honestly I don't really care. I like to improve my own damage, but I don't wish to compare it to others'. People have different funding and different ways of playing and I prefer to play to improve for myself, not other people.
    They're without booster.

You're right, as of right now it's not advantageous to go statless. I read that you said they're like archers in that way, and unlike pirates, it is currently better to go statless for archers. Not to mention that planning ahead and keeping your options open is always a good idea.

Oh yeah, definitely.

If I could afford a bunch of AP resets to lower my dex once statless weapons are released, I'd go for it.

But it all comes down on what Nexon releases. If gunslingers end up as broken as sins I'll be annoyed.
    Interested in joining Graffiti?

What do you mean they can't kill without double shot?

It's their primary attack for first job, but in second job once invisible shot is maxed it's mostly overtaken by that. Most classes rely on one attack as their main - sins' lucky seven; archers' double shot (or whatever it's called, I don't know anything about archers); mages' magic claw, etc.

Gunslingers can actually use somersault kick pretty well, too. I mobbed with it a lot at the Caution Falling Down map.

And yes, they do weak damage, but it's made up for greatly by their fast shooting speed. They start to really pick up damage-wise around 7x and 8x.
    Add on a little: double shot is so fast, you can actually hold off a small group of mobs. My gunslinger doesn't receive much touch damage even when she's not on a sniping platform. And I have a fish spear that works well with somersault kick. Yes, the damage is low, but it's stable. Best of all, it's a mob skill and it can be used when you're jumping. Useful for taking out mobs on a platform directly above you, or clearing up a crowded area with no ideal sniping spots.