Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stats for your first Pirate [ Brawler ]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minipeden View Post
    I'm pretty new at the Pirate class (Guess I'm not the only one). But if I go with the 2x lvl Dex Build, would max skick, fist and bullet time be good? And when I hit 50 should I then completly stop putting points into dex? Unless I should hit lvl 110 and get a dragon slah claw?
    Why would you do that? You're overdosing on dex for no apparent reason. Just make sure your DEX = LVL + 5 and you'll have enough for accuracy and equips, your build would leave you crippled in terms of damage.

If you want to cap for the level 100 weapon then that's your decision, I'd wait till you're level 70 to decide that - who knows what could come out by then?

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Why would you do that? You're overdosing on dex for no apparent reason. Just make sure your DEX = LVL + 5 and you'll have enough for accuracy and equips, your build would leave you crippled in terms of damage.

If you want to cap for the level 100 weapon then that's your decision, I'd wait till you're level 70 to decide that - who knows what could come out by then?
    wouldnt that make Lvl10 15 dex when you need 20 dex for 1st job?

Quote Originally Posted by Renz View Post
    No problem... You can train at pig beach or do the henesys PQ till you get more dex.
    So at lvl 30 i should have 40-60 dex and 66 STR for brawler? would that be good for 2nd job?
    Current Levels:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MapleFan29 View Post
    wouldnt that make Lvl10 15 dex when you need 20 dex for 1st job?
    You overpump dex just to do the job, it's not uncommon.

What I don't get is why so many people reckon SK is better than FF. As far as training goes for me, it would be more sufficient to use FF instead of SK most of the time, since not all monsters run around in a group of 3-6. Of course it is a very good skill anyways, I just don't see why most Pirates start off maxing it straight away. I chose to get FF first, and I don't regret it.

So if you are only against one or two monsters, Flash Fist is still better right? And I'm keeping my dex 10 above my level, and it's working out fine, twice your level is definitely a bit of a waste.

SK has a vertical range and allows you to hit monsters on a platform near you with relative safety, for example, the octo map in kerning. Also, you must be training at HHG1 or something to only see 1-2 monsters, mobs run abundant for lower level people such as in Evil Eyes, Pig Beach, Octos, just to name a few. The only place I can safely think of that has a low spawn is...wait, is there even a map for lower levels with low spawn?
    (Scania)

Fraxian - 8x Hermit - Retired Pot Mule
    IndividuaI - 5x Page - Retired Mule
    NameDoesntFi - 12x Buccaneer - Active (YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW)