Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats for your first Pirate [ Brawler ]

Default Stats for your first Pirate [ Brawler ]

For the love of God and to save your time and my time and for the sake of you looking stupid, please read then post or just don't post at all. Thank you sirs/madames~~~

Okay, so I'm going around on the forums and I'm looking at people who are asking, "What stats do you need for a pirate, what's good?" Except of course not as prim and proper as that.

So, I don't really have a guide here besides the typical
    1 - 10 : Snails & Slimes
    10 - 18 : Slime Tree in Ellinia
    18 - 21 : Green Mushroom tree in Ellinia
    21 - 30 : KPQ
    Alternative:
    21 - 23 : Green Mushroom Tree... again.
    23 - 30 : Ant Tunnel 23-26 = Hornies and Zombies and 26-30 Evil Eyes if you can afford the new equips; otherwise stay at hornies.

So, talking about stats; Everyone is like, "Derka derka Jihad Allah, put your level on dex." or "Derka derka your level +5"

Okay; That's only if you can afford the high-end DEX equips, which I can guaruntee any new pirate can't unless they plan to spend like 50$ on mesos from some kind of site.

My [<-- Take note on the "MY"; as in, what I did that worked really really well.] fail-proof guide on stats:

Alright, so it'll take a while to roll 4 Int and 4 Luk, but hell; it's worth it. Trust me.

If you can't get 4 Int or 4 Luk like I did, don't settle for anything more than 5 in each category. I guaruntee it would have wasted your time if you go any higher.

When you're leveling, ALWAYS keep the dex as TWO TIMES your level until Level 50.

I'll give you a reason for this, it may seem really high right now; it is, but that's good.

When it's that high, you can actually hit monsters above your level.
    Well you may ask, "Well, what's the point of that? So what?"

You can hit monsters about 5 levels above you. You're probably STILL gonna ask, "So what?"

Here's the deal, the higher level monsters you can kill... the more experience you get. If you can hit them with normal hits without wasting tons of mana, the more money you'll kill too! Higher level monsters = higher level drops = your new set OR sell for good money to other people or the NPC for minimal potion money.

"Well, what if I want more attack? I don't want to put all my points on dex!"
    You can't win at everything... yo'. If you want to level more, put it on dex because you can hit things.

If you just pile everything on STR, what's gonna happen is you're gonna have played to level 30 killing slimes to level still and your friend over there who started yesterday is level 26 hitting evil eyes getting 55exp per kill whereas you're getting 10.
    Who's gonna pass who by the end of that day?

As for the skills:

Two of the most important skills you're gonna need:
    FLASH FIST AND BULLET TIME

Why Flash Fist?

As a Brawler, you need to kill the octopi [to collect the 15 crystals to become a brawler] with flash fist and that skill ONLY.

Why Bullet Time?

At max level, Bullet Time adds +20 accuracy and +20 avoidability; which is really good.

I would recommend leveling Flash Fist like this:
    First get it to level 1
    Then level 4
    Then level 7
    Then level 9
    Then level 11
    Then Level 15
    Then Level 17
    Then Level 20

I say this because if you level it to however far you can level it to, you'll start wasting mana.
    "But it's only 1 mana!"; Yeah, but this is your first character and you don't have money to spare, remember? After every hit, you'll save one mana and your attack is reduced by an un-noticable amount of damage.

Think about it, save 1 mana per hit and after 13 hits you basically got a free skill attack.
    Would you rather the 4% boost [4*13 = 52%] or would you rather a free attack of 198%? ;)

So, by level 50, base DEX should be 100? After that I assume you pump it all into STR until you're level 100, right?

This is good, I might try this on a new pirate. I have one on Demethos that's just not cutting it (following the 4 str, 1 dex each level rule) that's not very far along (level 22) so I could make a new one no problem.

Question: As for the Skill book, which comes first, Flash Fist or Bullet Time? Also, what about Somersault Kick, is that like, last?

Jr. Necki

I like the double your level idea for DEX.
    I did the same thing with my gunslinger on STR and I find that I'm doing MUCH more damage than I was doing with dex equal my level on my previous attempt.

I have a brawler and I've actually been doing this without realizing it. I really dislike not being able to hit monsters and being stuck at a particular monster...so I started adding more into DEX and it's working great.
    KRADIA:
    KirdApe lvl 7X Priest - Looter.....
    BullyM109R lvl 4X Gunslinger - I'm not sure if this is the most fun that I've ever had, but it's close!
    WINDIA:
    Drarken lvl 7X Priest - In stasis until I can move him to Kradia....

I heard that they made that idiot proof.
    I see that you've proven them wrong once again.

As for the Dex build that I said -

This is good because most people are only going to get the level 100 Knuck, which is 100 Dex.

A good thing to notice, is whatever the knuck is requires that level dex.

So, by level 50, in essence you have the dex to wear the level 100 knuck. So, your attack may seem low, but you can kill/hit virtually any monster.

I would recommend Flash Fist first because if you do the build I said, you should be able to hit any monster your level +/- 5 levels.

I am also in Demethos. Whisper me in game ~ FluffyPapes

I didn't spend 50$ on mesos, and I could hit evil eyes at level 23 @_@'
    (DEX = Level build)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    I didn't spend 50$ on mesos, and I could hit evil eyes at level 23 @_@'
    (DEX = Level build)
    I wasn't speaking like that.

I mean, if you're going to be pure STR, you need to have the money to afford "DEX Equips"

And by Dex Equips, I mean you need like 200mil to buy a 25 DEX robe or something to actually mildly hit a monster.

Oh, PURE STR.
    Nevermind me then.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Icon4

im ok wit dex 2 times lvl until lvl 50 but,for the flash fist,summ kik is BETTER.its cus,wit summ kik,u can do it wit ANY weapon,so like,im lvl 23,wit my lvl 20 claw,its only 22 att,but if i do summ kik,i can use every weapon,so i put a fish spear and dmg r godly!i will keep the spear until a certain lvlthen il put back my knukels:)
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

Yes, pure STR.

You could easily put less dex than what I said, but you're gonna eventually need 100dex anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan777 View Post
    im ok wit dex 2 times lvl until lvl 50 but,for the flash fist,summ kik is BETTER.its cus,wit summ kik,u can do it wit ANY weapon,so like,im lvl 23,wit my lvl 20 claw,its only 22 att,but if i do summ kik,i can use every weapon,so i put a fish spear and dmg r godly!i will keep the spear until a certain lvlthen il put back my knukels:)
    You are WRONG.

Kick is a VERY BAD skill. Just because you can use it with any weapon doesn't mean it's the best. You can just use a stronger item and use sKick. However, what you fail to realize is that you NEED FLASH FIST to get your brawler advancement.

Putting 10 points on sKick and 10 on Dash is a much better decision