Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "crap" happens

Default "crap" happens

this is all going on at roughly the same time:

-may parents are getting divorced

-as such we are selling the house

-the moment we put our house on the market, literally 4 house just a in a block radius put up for sale a day after (no hyperbole). which makes it hard for our house to sell even though my dad has done a **** load of work on it, and it's very unique to the others. so it screws up our pricing

- our house sells for around 850k (could have been way more if it werent for those 4 other houses, and the house market right now. we live in a really nice community.)

-our parents our looking for houses to live in, splitting the money, but my mom gets a tad more so she can stay nearby, while my dad (whom im gonna live with) will get a bit less and get more of a fixer upper type house nd live roughly 20-30 minutes out of the area

-the economy for everyone sucks right now obviously

-my mom's realtor completely sucks, but my mom insists "she's a good negotiator" when my dad and I both know very well, how good she really is.

-my mom is way in over her head of the places she's thinking to buy, and she isnt being realistic, even though my dad was pointing out some decent homes with decent amount of rooms. but her excuses are "it's to far of a drive to Allison's middle school", and "this doesnt seem like an area, i'd want to go out for a run in". cause to her, anything less than Irvine (which is considered the safest city in the U.S. and has the 7th highest median income rate) is considered the ghetto.

-on top of all of this, my mom had to take her car in to the shop for some some new brakes and stuff which is gonna cost a bit

-while we are there, my car turns out to need new brakes as well, and i need my signals fixed which again will cost quite a bit

-then, our car insurance goes up, because my other sister who is just learning to drive and just got her permit, backed into someone's garage door by slamming gas instead of the brakes when using the drive way to turn around. now their garage door is completely ruined, not dented, but not even in place... luckily we are saying my mom was driving so the insurance doesnt go up as high

-on top of all of these expenses and the economy, it's christmas time, so lord knows what's gonna happen

-once we do get our new homes, obviously we'd be putting even more cash into doing a fixing up whichever one my dad buys

so basically, money is going to become really tight for a while... =/
    i'd rather this other stuff happened at different times. rather than all at once.

on the plus side though:

-my dad may be changing fields in the department, so he'll go from pawn shop detective to Arson investigator. so basically a cop that's a wanna-be fireman, who works with firemen that are wanna-be cops in a sense xD
    thing about that, is, for the job they supply him a car a long with gas! and maybe even more pay for him.

-i get to live with my dad which means getting away from my sisters, who are like the devil's spawn practically. badgering everything i do, not leaving me alone, always fighting, etc... as well as my mom who is nice, but seems to lack authority as well as scheduling, and priorities.

And how does this make you feel?

Dads are always cool, people usually wanna go live with theirs >_> idk but its just a trend I've seen~

LOLZ, it sucks, I hope I don't back into anything when I get my permit this month or next month =X

Sucks~ but at least you get twice the presents! (if you have christmas)
    ~iT's awesome...

I Joined a Postal Service

...the way we deliver mail~

Quote Originally Posted by DOEET View Post

Dads are always cool, people usually wanna go live with theirs >_> idk but its just a trend I've seen~

LOLZ, it sucks, I hope I don't back into anything when I get my permit this month or next month =X

Sucks~ but at least you get twice the presents! (if you have christmas)
    naw, id probably get less than ever before xD

Youch, a divorce DX

Why doesn't one part stay in the hoouse you currently live in now, and the gets to live in the apartments?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    Youch, a divorce DX

Why doesn't one part stay in the hoouse you currently live in now, and the gets to live in the apartments?
    cause we cant keep the house up with one parent.
    plus they want to have equal-ish residences for the most part

That sucks really bad.
    = (
    Makes my life seem like paradise.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

it seems like ur life sucks atm o.o
    My Annoying Ppl List

Starlit Azure
    Authentic

Quote Originally Posted by DOEET View Post

I disagree. Mine makes my entire family mad.

As for Zig, sorry this had to happen.
    No more sig. Thinking.

wishing to be back in London, UK! but stuck in NJ

I'm really sorry to hear this Zig.
    Things will settle down, do your best to hang in there.
    -hugs-

Can I ask you what real estate agency they are working with?
    I may be able to help there.
    lv15x Bishop - Scania GMS

You hate your siblings now, but as you look back, you'll regret getting away from them. People put such a false negative field up about their own siblings that they completely become absorbed with it and can't even tell themselves that they really love them at heart. I know I'm a culprit as well. :[

In any case, kinda sucks about the divorce thing, but I'm sure you could get through it, if you don't already, you should consider getting a job to help out your dad I'd suppose. (Fixing up houses are not cheap...)

Good luck with your err... moving and stuff though.
    Gone with the wind