Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: *Official "Where do I train be be uber leet?" Thread*

Try refreshing the page.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Drake

Balrog Boss is so fun and gives pretty good exp. Staying there till level 90.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Try refreshing the page.
    I have and they still don't, but when I open others its fine, its just in the spoilers for this thread

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    Balrog Boss is so fun and gives pretty good exp. Staying there till level 90.
    What class and where is this? :P, my marauder needs a new senery and hes 80, i spose kents, but w/e

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyNinja View Post
    What class and where is this? :P, my marauder needs a new senery and hes 80, i spose kents, but w/e
    I'm a level 84 Marauder. Althought Balrog takes many pots and approximately 20 mins to kill (if you have a good party), you get great awards and the Bain items go for nearly 400 mil (in KMS), so the money you get isn't that bad either. I recently got a Balrog Fur Shoes, so that's also a plus. I get around 13% exp per run, and some great meso bonuses as well.

Make sure you don't lag though. Also, if you don't know how to kill Balrog well, you should take a look at a guide before trying a run. If you have more than 3200 HP, you are also well wanted to kill the hands.
    Spoiler!

Horayy for 4k hp, balrog guide pl0x >.>

And where is it, ive heard of it but, i dont really pay much attention to these things, im pretty sure its out in gms, maybe not though

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyNinja View Post
    My marauders cap is 55. to cap lower you need

10 dex cap (preferably pac w/ att)
    15 dex halm
    id say about 20 dex overall (more if you 60 or 30 it)
    5 dex dep star
    10 dex shoes (maker the 60 ones with a dex crystal and 60% jump em)
    2 dex medal

thats 62 dex, so 120-62=58, so with those eqips that would be your cap, as you can see, i will need just a tad more dex, prolly on the overall.
    I was thinking 60, I'm not incredibly funded.
    Maybe I can pull a 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    PAPULATAPATAPUS

Drake

Just leaving my 2 cents here.

From level 60-90, Balrog Boss isn't bad if you don't like grinding heavily. Even around level 85, you can net 13-15% per run, and with a good party, you can run kill Balrog in 20 mins.

For Gobies, it's also good if you have some Stun Mastery so you can easily destroy Goby Houses. Or else its a pain in the neck.

@SleepyNinja: I don't know if GMS/MSEA does the same strategies as the people in KMS, but this is the general sense of what to do:

You first want to get a minimum of 12 people if you are doing Normal Mode. Until the timer hits 20 minutes, it's wise to start using all of your attacks straight at the head, so you can reach the damage required to pass to the second stage. If you can, you should try avoiding to fall, because Balrog likes to spam attacks every second, so going up the rope is second to impossible. Strikers and Buccs have it good here, because their passive Energy Charge gives a Stance-like effect, so you can constantly attack. Equipment beyond the level of 70 don't give bonuses, so you should just put on your maple weapon before you fight. If you hit the required amount of damage on the Balrog, at 20 minutes, text will appear on the screen, and you can proceed to keep fighting. If not, you will be kicked out.

Here's where it's a little foggy. I know that in KMS, people with an HP higher than 3200 immediately go and start to destroy the hand. However, I've read in other guides that the hands are merely a distraction, and you don't need to hit them. My suggestion is that you keep destroying the head with people that have low HP, so you can get the gist of what to do. In the second stage, sometimes Balrog's form will change. This is easy to see because his horns will become purple. It's best if an Aran does this, but you need to hit one of the 3 reactors on the map to make Balrog return to normal, and you can keep killing him. Continue this until either the hands die, or the HP is about 1/2 gone.

3rd stage is where most people just die. Balrog will begin to turn on damage reflect. People from 4th Job/High 3rd Job will be able to survive even when attacking, but lower level people shouldn't attack at all. The animation of Damage Reflection is a red circle with a sword in the middle getting surrounded by chains. Damage Reflection lasts about 7 seconds, and you can resume attacking. Balrog uses damage reflection EVERY MINUTE. So if he uses damage reflection at 13:23, the next damage reflection will be around 12:23. There is usually a person that keeps their eye on the timer, so the person can tell the group to stop attacking when the next Damage Reflection comes up. Soon, when the HP of Balrog is close to nothing, he will use Zombify. Clerics/Bishops/Priests should stop using Heal and spam Magic Claw on Balrog at this point. Zombify is the SAME animation as the Damage Reflection animation, so don't be confused. Just keep attacking when Damage Reflection is off, and Balrog should die easily.
    Last edited by OrangeGuy; 10th December 2009 at 09:01 PM.
    Spoiler!

Ok so I'm a lv. 108 Outlaw, and I've been sniping Jr. Newties since my 80s. It's getting really boring, and I was wondering if there was any better training spots for me. The exp seems slow to me as well. Should I get a Newtie party? Should I hime? Nightshadows?

Okay, out of the two. FoG, or Area C-2? I'm level 51.
    Last edited by Wyatt; 21st May 2010 at 10:00 PM.