Thread: Capping STR - Gunslinger.

Default Capping STR - Gunslinger.

I went ahead and made myself a Gunslinger as my Dual Blade is boring until Restructuring.

I've gotten myself 30 base STR as well as a UWG Gun 2, so I can afford to leave STR at 30 until a later point (namely, until I need 90 total to equip gear).

My question is this;
    I was wondering was whether I should go for the level 90 set (as it looks boss and I wouldn't have to spend NX covering it up). I'm planning on going Reverse Blindness as the gun looks great and the NX covers for guns absolutely suck. Also, at only 120 STR requirement, it's not huge, right? (>comparing to thief requirement of 160 DEX)

Assuming I transfer over a Black Belt and obtain a DepStar, 3 zombie rings (+3 stats) and an event ring(+7 stats), as well as grabbing a Scar(STR) hat (or a 16/17 STR zHelm, either one), I think I would be able to get 120 STR easily enough. With just that I can cap at 80, not including STR bonuses from my other, regular gear.

tl;dr
    What do I cap STR at for most effectiveness?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

For slingers, STR is only really need to wear equips and stuff like that. The slinger's main attack attribute is in DEX so if you want to reach 120 STR with quips, then capping your STR at 80 and just putting all the points onto DEX would be most effective for grinding and training.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yea, 80 is the most effective cap, although if you're looking to truly go end-game, you'd want to wait until you pass at least MW20 to use a Reverse gun, but having ~8 extra base str is livable if you don't want to go through the hell of waiting until ~15x to equip a reverse. I did this on DeNo, but I have to admit that it was hell and frustrating every time I failed a MW20.

Spoiler!

I'm going to throw some theoretical stuff out here
    If I get average overalls/shoes/etc, I'll have about 10-12more STR (from the equips)
    From this, add the 40 STR passively I mentioned before, which is about 50 STR.
    This means I can cap at 70 easily enough.

With MW20 that's another 7 STR...
    But I probably won't pass MW20 for a while. I'm planning on using my level 67 gun until 4th job unless I see a really good deal on another UWG gun (last, preferably), or I find my leveling too slow and opt for a mid-game gun (like level 90 or something).
    Red Rex earrings = 3 more STR, which is 43 passive STR, and there's always potentials where I might end up with %DEX +STR...
    I guess I can't really say for sure until I actually get my gear.

I'll cap at 50 for now (raise STR once I hit 80+) and raise more later.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I'm capped at like 67 and have about 118 str with equips
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    I'm capped at like 67 and have about 118 str with equips
    Gear?
    I just want a general idea of what I would need to cap earlier,etc.
    Currently I'm using a STRless UWG gun so it's fine until like 100+ or so, but once I get a real gun (90+) I'm going to have to pump some STR.
    I'm aiming for a Reverse gun, only because it's sexy and I'm a boss like that.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

+18 scar helm
    +2 glasses
    +9 lvl 100 overall
    +6 lvl 100 shoes
    +5 black belt
    +6 MoN
    +2 zombie rings
    +3 evolving ring 10
    ---------------------
    +51 total
    Last edited by sleepyxdude; 18th December 2010 at 12:19 PM.

I'm assuming you're using the Time Traveler medal then, which I don't have.
    just4reference
    16 ZHelm
    2 Medal
    3 Zombie Ring
    7 Ring 17
    5 Pendant
    5 Belt
    (5+8+3) [shoes/gloves/overall (assumptions/estimates, level 90 stuff)]
    53?
    That means I'm capping at like 77-ish...
    Unless I got my hands on an HTP or something, but that's not going to happen in the forseeable future.
    I guess I'll cap at around 70, and take it from there.
    Thanks for the help~

bolt202/veil225/feint200

70 is a good cap. I was capped at like 75 before and then lowered it when Nexon gave out those free ap resets
    Spoiler!