Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offline H-S.net database

Do you have a demo or picture yet?

By the way was "[image]" in the first post due to this?

You could always post the link to the image and someone else can post it up (or just get 20 posts or so and you can post images)

[Edit] Not trying to rush you, just curious as to whether [image] tags in the first post were meant to be images or not.
    Gone with the wind

Default Images

Sry for the extended wait on the Images. I had just joined H-S.net Forums and had to get 20 posts in. I don't make a habit of spamming, so i tried finding interesting subjects. I have had images for quite some time. I just needed to actually... you know, post em. i put [Image] into slots to remind myself later that this was where i needed to add the particular image.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Speed while playing MS and less traffic on H-S's servers.

It's still silly, most of the 'slowdown' on your PCs these days comes from every program thinking it should get as much of your CPU/RAM space as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komak View Post
    Im going to ignore your last comment as its already been asked, and already been answered. I do have good news, i can now add pictures ^.^ go me.
    I do not think having a Web Browser open will effect your game play.

It does, it's just not that noticeable to some.

To most people that notice it's either because they use something like Firefox with a million and one add-ons, or they have a very low connection speed.

Either way it has it's uses... (especially if it's a speedier query)
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    I do not think having a Web Browser open will effect your game play.
    sorry, that came out a little abusive.
    I run on a simple computer and have a few Plug-ins for Firefox. When I run Firefox with Maplestory, with the amount of bandwidth used in the house drags Maplestory. It could be My video card is cheap, and being used as 2 monitors from 1 card. It might be my ram is a little lower than i would like. It could JUST be the bandwidth. I don't know, but MS tends to skip a set of frames every now and then with a Web browser open. Think of the effect you get when running in Chan 1. You randomly come across a load of lazy gamers just talking (or FM). you get a split second of missed frames and then things are cool. That happens to me when on any channel, regardless of other active players. Whatever the reason you chose to use the program, be it lag, ease of use, or just plain boredom, its meant to make things easier. And i use easier as a globally defining word.

Banned

Lol They Look Leik Itcg Cards Xdddd!!!!!!

If that's the case, then that probably won't help much at all to be honest... upgrading your PC or computer connection might be the best choice. I used to run on 3Mb DSL, on a 512MB RAM, P4 Proc PC with no problem. I'd leave Photoshop 7 in the background, MS windowed, and Opera running right behind it.

Then again, my laptop is 3GB Ram, 2.0GHz Intel Duo, and I can't have Photoshop CS2, Firefox (not many plugins, just smart bookmarks, faviconize tabs, and speed dial) and any game on at the same time without some lag. Most of the lag is Photoshop's fault though, I concede to that...

--
    [EDIT] Saw the updated images. I must say, I like them, a lot...
    Making what drops it and whatnot selectable right from there would be nice, but not exactly a necessary addition. /hmm

How's the speed on it?
    Gone with the wind

Default Program runtime

The program is faster than i expected with such a long list. It takes no more than 2 seconds to read an entire list and post everything. The less it has to list, the faster it finishes. But i can guarantee, you cant click search and double click an item before its done.

Total file size (Weapon list, images, and Program only) is 736KB. The program itself is but 120KB. The application refuses to exceed 20,000K on Mem Usage during a full list spam search with multiple windows, and the CPU usage only flickers before dropping back to 00. This also means that, regardless of how many windows are up, they share one RAM slot. Most programs, when launched, call for a % of the RAM being used. 2 windows open calls for 50% for each, 3 windows has 33% and etc. Regardless of how many windows you open on this one, if you had Maplestory and HSDB up, it would split (theoretically) 50-50... with no additional splits for opening more windows.

On Idle, firefox.exe uses 0-10 CPU, and with flash content, can exceed 80-120,000K Mem Usage. :eek:

Anyone understanding why the program CAN be better than surfing yet? Yes, i understand that this isn't a big deal for some of your computers because they're built with enough storage, video ram, cpu ram, and processor power to handle Quake 4 and Unreal tournament without any alarming problems. In 5 years, you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us unless you get up enough to punch in for a new computer.:rolleyes:

Hmm yeah the flash content would be the killer, still seems great. -Awaits the awesomeness-
    Gone with the wind

Default Update

File upload location has been added. Download and use at your discretion.

Just unzip the files to the same location as is packed (doesn't matter where). Scan it if it'll make ya happy. And above all, Enjoy.