Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brawler or Gunslinger?

Default Brawler or Gunslinger?

I have been thinking about trying out to be a pirate since they have just came out, but i'm just wondering, which side is better/stronger/levels up faster/etc, because i'm still not sure which side to choose at the moment.

Long range, fast, (later on) stable damage.... Choose Gunslingers.
    Short range, fastish (later on), huge mob damage.... Choose Brawlers.

It's definitely up to you and what your preferences are.
    Most people usually give up their slingers, just cause they weren't patient enough.
    You seem to want to lvl up fast, do strong damage and so on, so I'd recommend you a brawler.

El

In my personal opinion, Brawlers tend to level up faster with a higher damage output, and sommersault kick for mobs early on. They then get backspin blow and corkscrew, which are also good mobbing skills.

In general, all brawler skills deal more damage than their gunslinger counterparts.
    They however suffer from being subjected to monster hits more often then other characters, as most of their skills involve getting up close and personal. Pirates clothing, with their low armour stats, do not help either.
    Then there is that obvious lack of dex, which makes hitting stuff harder, not unlike a warrior.

Gunslingers do have pretty good range, but that is limited to double fire(later on, burst fire), recoil shot and grenade (with only the former being adequately useful).
    Unless you manage to reach your fourth job however, where you then get to unleash the awesome might of the battleship.
    Why? Simply because gunslingers do not have a passive range boosting skill. The range of double shot increases with each level into the skill, but nothing else.
    The biggest draw these gunslingers have is the amazing ability to hold your weapon with the inner most hand, as opposed to the outermost hand of other classes. Which is basically why I have a gunslinger instead of a brawler.

If you want to choose the side which is "better/stronger/levels up faster/etc", I would reccomend the brawlers.
    SEA's only inactive Transexual Archer

I do have a brawler and this is just my opinion, not an objective view of both jobs. I tried both classes up to level 20 and found brawlers are a more fun to play as they level faster, are stronger and have more interesting skills. Following is my opinion of both pirate jobs:

- Gunslingers look to me as a DEX based sin with some supportive skills like archers. It might look interesting at first, but what I don't like is that gunslingers lack an ability to improve their ammo capacity. Given they shoot faster than a sin, I assume they would recharge bullets more often than sins and to me that's a major drawback.

- Brawlers might look like very short ranged warriors but unlike them, brawlers rely more on skill combos rather than spamming one skill. Also their 2nd job attacking skills have some sort of deffensive feature to compensate for their low defense and very short range. For example corkscrew have a delay of 2 seconds before you can cast any skill again, but at the same time the enemies can't hit you and backspin stuns.

Banned

Brawlslinger!

I play with a gunslinger, and I can tell you that gunslingers recharge LESS often than sins.

It's explained by the fact they have skills that can hit many monsters with one bullet or even ZERO bullets.

The flag attack which consumes zero bullet stuns monsters too, even if it's less powerful.

The stronger the bullet is, the more ammo you get. More than stars.

It's true that gunslingers do less damages than brawlers, but in term of attacking speed, they are number ones.

Another drawback is, like bowmen or sins, the lack of HP.

Quote Originally Posted by xBLues View Post
    I do have a brawler and this is just my opinion, not an objective view of both jobs. I tried both classes up to level 20 and found brawlers are a more fun to play as they level faster, are stronger and have more interesting skills. Following is my opinion of both pirate jobs:

- Gunslingers look to me as a DEX based sin with some supportive skills like archers. It might look interesting at first, but what I don't like is that gunslingers lack an ability to improve their ammo capacity. Given they shoot faster than a sin, I assume they would recharge bullets more often than sins and to me that's a major drawback.
    Gunslingers have a higher bullet capacity than stars, which increases with each job advancement. Simmilar to lance mastery, gun mastery also increases the amount of extra bullets you carry. Like what Agenusha said, we slingers actually need to refill bullets less often.
    SEA's only inactive Transexual Archer

I really don't see why we need all these debate threads of why Brawlers/Singers are better.
    Can't we just get one stickied? :confused:

El

We just give advantages and drawbacks of both class, to make him able to determine what he'll prefer to play :)

Well, we should need to make the same debate just cause someone is lazy enough to not read the previous ones.

El