Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Should an eventual gunslinger use somersault kick?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should an eventual gunslinger use somersault kick?

Default Should an eventual gunslinger use somersault kick?

I've made my potential gunslinger already, but I've got a few questions going into this. First and foremost I would like to say I'm a perfectionist with builds, and like to have my skills allocated properly so that nothing is wasted for my later levels.

That said, I must say despite wanting to be the ranged component of this pirate class, somersault kick seems incredibly useful at all stages of the game. A higher than normal attack damage attack that hits multiple enemies at melee range seems really useful. I've played a bowman in the past and the most annoying thing is when the enemies swarm me and I cant get at range well.

Knowing this, is it worth it to invest into somersault kick and use it throughout my levels as a saving grace if I am swarmed? I've figured out I can max Bullet Time, Doubleshot, and dash and have a few points left. I'm even starting to debate maxing somersault over bullet time, just for when im out of ammo, and to increase my melee range damage. (wouldnt somersault make grinding far easier?)

Thanks for any responses ;] Keep in mind that I said I like perfection builds lol. I'm curious if eventual skills like flamethrower will make somersault useless, unless of coarse you cant use flamethrower at melee range, kind of like how you cant use arrow bomb at melee.

As a lvl 77 Outlaw I have one thing to say: Somerasault kick was useless to me. I never used it to train or did it help me in anyway.
    Spoiler!

most places say

20 double shot
    10 dash
    20 bullet time
    the rest goes into kick

Slime

It's either somersault kick or flash fist but its not useful at all on my level 62 slinger... though it was useful before I got Blank shot and the knockback for monsters was 1.

gunslingers never get flash fist... thats a knuckle only skill.

summersault kick however doesnt require a specific weapon, which is why alot of people got snowboards or fish spears and went crazy in the early levels on summersault kick.

dash to me is more important to max then summersault kick then it is for brawlers, because brawlers have higher hp, and dash can get a gunslinger out of sticky situations. I still plan to max dash on my brawler though, either with barrel/half booster, or full booster. barrel doesnt look too useful.

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

Be a full Str Gunslinger and max both Fist and Kick for lulz.

you can use FF with a gun. I think...if i remember correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Somersault Kick was great for my Level 36 Gunslinger, because it tends to be excellent mob controller until you get some Invisible Shot. Since it is a MELEE attack, it is great to use. I recommend MAX-ing it, as Bullet Time is even more useless (+20 Accuracy = Totally useless for a Gunslinger / +20 Accuracy = Spares only few potions; not much difference when leaving it at +11 Accuracy).

GL.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post
    you can use FF with a gun. I think...if i remember correctly
    Sorry for double-post, but yes, you can use FF with a gun. Except it would be totally useless as you have Double Fire.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

Well I think you should probably have 11 summersalt kick, it is your only close range skill that gunslingers have. Otherwise, max out double fire, then dash, then bullet time.

Why I prefer Summersalt kick than flash fist:
    It is a mob skill, not just 1 mob, so you can push 5 monsters back.
    It is also worth it, mellee shouldn't be powerful.