Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2nd Job Gunslinger Skill Build: Late InvShot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Job Gunslinger Skill Build: Late InvShot

Default 2nd Job Gunslinger Skill Build: Late InvShot

Hello everyone. This is my attempt at a gunslinger build. The difference from others you may have read is that it focusses on the skills that improve your kill efficiency on single monsters rather than mobs. I realize how important invisible shot is though, so no worries; you'll still have a decent 10 points in it at lv 44. I might eventually add a where-to-train guide since using this build would greatly affect where you train from lv 30-45, but I've just returned from my 18 month break and am not up to date with new maps.
    So here goes.

lv.30 --> 1 Mastery(1)
    lv.31 --> 3 Mastery(4)
    lv.32 --> 1 Mastery(5), 2 Booster(2)
    lv.33 --> 3 Booster(5)
    lv.34 --> 1 Booster(6), 2 Mastery(7)
    lv.35 --> 3 Mastery(10)
    lv.36 --> 3 Mastery(13)
    lv.37 --> 3 Mastery(16)
    lv.38 --> 3 Mastery(19)
    lv.39 --> 3 Wings(3)
    lv40 --> 2 Wings(5), 1 Recoil(1)
    lv.41 --> 3 InvShot(3)
    lv.42 --> 2 InvShot(5), 1 point saved
    lv.43 --> 4 InvShot(9)
    lv.44 --> 1 InvShot(10), 2 point saved
    lv.45 --> 5 InvShot(15)
    lv.46 --> 3 InvShot(18)
    lv.47 --> 2 InvShot(20[MAX]), 1 Blank(1)
    lv.48 --> 3 Blank(4)
    lv.49 --> 3 Blank(7) No save here because stun duration is upgraded.
    lv50 --> 3 Blank(10)
    lv.51 --> 3 Blank(13)
    lv.52 --> 1 Recoil(2), 2 Blank(15) On hold because 85% 3 second stun is fairly good.
    lv.53 --> 3 Recoil(5)
    lv.54 --> 3 Recoil(8)
    lv.55 --> 2 Recoil(10), 1 point saved
    lv.56 --> 4 Recoil(14)
    lv.57 --> 3 Recoil(17) No save because by now some extra pots shouldn't matter.
    lv.58 --> 3 Recoil(20[MAX])
    lv.59 --> 3 Blank(18)
    lv60 --> 2 Blank(20[MAX]), 1 Booster(7)
    lv.61 --> 2 Booster(9), 1 Wings(6)
    lv.62 --> 3 Wings(9)
    lv.63 --> 1 Wings (10[MAX]), 2 Booster(11)
    lv.64 --> 3 Booster(14)
    lv.65 --> 3 Booster(17)
    lv.66 --> 3 Booster(20[MAX])
    lv.67 --> 1 Mastery(20[MAX]), 2 Grenade(2)
    lv.68 --> 3 Grenade(5)
    lv.69 --> 3 Grenade(8)
    lv70 --> 3 Grenade(11)

------------------------
    Gun Mastery: 20 (MAX)
    Invisible Shot: 20 (MAX)
    Gun Booster: 20 (MAX)
    Blank Shot: 20 (MAX)
    Wings: 10 (MAX)
    Recoil Shot: 20 (MAX)
    Grenade: 11

Basically, you'll be doing more balanced and faster hits during the first 15 levels at the cost of having limited mob abilities. I've come up with this build because of how alot of people seem to think gunslinger damage is way too low and unbalanced. I believe this should help you train in a faster and more fun way 'till 5x, since from there on this build will be very similiar to any other one.
    I'm not sure if this will work out at all, but I WILL try this build myself.

Please, feel free to post any comments, thought, critics, suggestions, anything. ~Renz

Audi famam illius.
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

I strongly suggest you DON'T go for this build, as Maxing wings out before maxing out anything else is completely wrong and waste of AP.

Better build would be (Late Invisi Shot)

Invisible Shot 3 ->Gun Mastery 15 -> Gun Booster 5 -> Gun Mastery MAX -> Invisible Shot 10 -> Fake Shot 5 -> Invisible Shot MAX -> Wings 10 -> Fake Shot MAX -> MAX Booster or + Grenade
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

kjSean you are sitll missing 11 sp in that build, which go to grenade

Quote Originally Posted by kjSean View Post
    I strongly suggest you DON'T go for this build, as Maxing wings out before maxing out anything else is completely wrong and waste of AP.

Better build would be (Late Invisi Shot)

Invisible Shot 3 ->Gun Mastery 15 -> Gun Booster 5 -> Gun Mastery MAX -> Invisible Shot 10 -> Fake Shot 5 -> Invisible Shot MAX -> Wings 10 -> Fake Shot MAX -> MAX Booster or + Grenade
    I've put 5 points into wings so I could get 1 recoil shot, which is really useful to get away from mobs (CPQ, for example). I've maxed it after everything else worthwhile was maxed. Except for booster, but I'd rather pay some extra pot money and hit a key a bit more often and get an useful and fun skill in return.

And I don't understand why you would put a few points into blank, then max it out even later than wings. It's practically useless at lv 5.

Audi famam illius.
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

Why would you not want to put 1 point in invis shot at 30? 1 Mastery is pretty useless and its much better to get a point into your first real mob skill
    Spoiler!

Inv shot is basically pretty useless as well. Only for the few "OMFG, I CANE MOBZ".
    Anyway, I've heard of people who skip grenade completely and put the 11AP on bullet time or some other.

El

One point of invis shot is pretty alright to take out weak mobs (rascal snowpiece farming for example) but I have yet to find a better use for it. Blank shot would be better for the stun and the ability to shoot point blank, but be warned that the damage isnt accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenry View Post
    Anyway, I've heard of people who skip grenade completely and put the 11AP on bullet time or some other.

El
    All gunslingers should max bullet time, unless they have a more worth while skill to invest into other than dash and double shot. Grenade is more worthwhile than the other skill which you would put your ap into (sommersault kick or flash fist) as the damage of those is not affected by the gun equipped. Besides, grenade is fun to play with.
    Only for the few "OMFG, I CANE MOBZ".
    I dont get it.
    SEA's only inactive Transexual Archer

I didn't think you would.

El

Booster doesn't work with double fire.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

I didn't think you would.

El
    Eh....
    U forgot to put recoil shot in ur build. Hahaha
    My build is gonna be
    1 Invis
    19 mastery
    6 booster
    5 wings
    1 recoil
    Invis shot... ithink...
    Blank shot. May switch wit invis shot
    max recoil/wings
    max booster
    max mastery
    grenade=leftover points

Im not too sure about the mob skills i gotta look at their percentages
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.