Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dash or Flashfist?

Quote Originally Posted by kjSean View Post
    Brawlers are better off maxing out Flash Fist because yes, you do use them later on in Lvl 40+.

However, I have seen some Brawlers max out Dash b/c they enjoy the quick movement Dash gives.

If you are going to raise Dash, you better max it (Raise it to 10) because if you raise to 1 only, it will be just terrible waste of MP pots (because you will unconciosuly double press -> button and waste like 15 MP every time).

GL.

(I never understood why Brawlers maxed SSK before FF... that's just like maxing Slash Blast before Power Strike.. -_-)
    ]

but i maxed out slash blast before power strike and im doin fine
    Save your own ass before you save someone elses because your no help to anyone else dead.
    -Ronald's one and only quote. If yall didnt ask me ... yall cant use it.

GoldShifter -Dual Blade- 3x Bera

Goals: Start Maple Again [x] Make a Person [x] 2nd Job [] 3rd Job [] 4th Job [] Level 200 [] Go Bossing [] Kill Zak and HT [] I start out small and work my way up

Get Flash Fist first since you use it even at 8x (Double Uppercut has too much of a delay for my liking). You can max Dash at 68-70 when you're done with all the other skills since Oak Barrel is useless as is MP recovery.
    Demethos;
    -DeadMarauder lvl 74 Pirate Active
    -ShipOfDead lvl 22 Pirate

S>Gold Plates, Black Crystals, and Diamonds, PM DeadMarauder.

Phantom Watch

Icon13

Quote Originally Posted by ANerdyBandit View Post
    The knuckle is worth it if you use Flash Fist, because only Knuckles can use it. So that doesn't really help. Dash is only good for traveling, so in my opinion, it's better to max Flash Fist. You can always get speed/jump gear later anyways.
    Nerdy won the argument. This does not apply to haste, since it can be controlled.

I maxed out dash over flash fist. This is because I looked at the damage of my pumpkin spear then looked at the knuckle. The damage difference was incredible. So I figured I wouldn't need flash fist since I was using a spear, so I left it at 11. Well, I got to 2nd job then saw that the skills were knuckle only. .___.''

So I switched to a knuckle, and once you do that you see how handy flash fist is because you can use it. xD It the fastest attack you have with the least delay, and it's MEANT for one monster.

But...I CPQED so I also experienced the handiness of dash. It's NOT useless. It's been extremely useful and fun for me. Dash is the thing that'll get you over the chronos and rombots and get to the towers. It's that or haste, which I didn't get a lot of during the time I pqed. It's saved me a lot of wins. If you plan to CPQ and don't intend to trade wins the whole way through, Dash will help you a lot. It's also gotten me away from dying quite a few times in CPQ too.

I wouldn't suggest you max dash afterwards in place of MP Recovery or Oak Barrel because by then, you would've lost most reasons to have it except for an extra boost of speed walking through maps or such. It wouldn't help u from dying because...you have pots and encountering monsters high enough to kill you in one hit would either be extremely rare or on purpose. During PQ's, you'll most likely have a sin, and that sin will have already maxed out haste by that time. You'll also have more speed/jump equips then. It'd be useless and you'd be better off maxing out MP recovery or oak barrel.

Flash fist is a skill that'll you'll rely on a lot though, so what I did is after I maxed MaxHP, Knuckle Mastery, Corkscrew, 5-7 on booster, I maxed flash fist. This won't harm you that much because Double Uppercut has this delay that'll annoy the heck out of you and will cause you not to use it as much and you're only delaying the points put on there by 2 lvls. This does take away your MP Recovery/Oak Barrel Max though. You can still have a point on each skill or have 2 points on one of them, but you can't max them out. That won't affect your damage in any way. That's what I did, and it worked fine for me.

Banned

Pre-Brawler
    Max FF
    Max KickFlip
    Max Bullet Time
    1 Dash
    Pre-Gunslinger
    Max 2-Shot
    Max KickFlip
    Max Dash
    11 Bullet Time

[quote=volaju-;614824]lol, flashfist is eventually replaced, dash is a unique ability that no other ability you get will mimic. In that regard, dash is easily the better skill. Of coarse you shouldn't be deciding between these two skills if you're a brawler, and instead should decide between dash an double shot. (take dash in this case =P)
    quote]

what about haste, which is far better and easier to use?

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

[QUOTE=BladeStorm;616306]
    Quote Originally Posted by volaju- View Post
    lol, flashfist is eventually replaced, dash is a unique ability that no other ability you get will mimic. In that regard, dash is easily the better skill. Of coarse you shouldn't be deciding between these two skills if you're a brawler, and instead should decide between dash an double shot. (take dash in this case =P)
    quote]

what about haste, which is far better and easier to use?
    oh yeah about that ... but we are talking about pirates .. lawl .. and also dash is the nooby equivalent of haste ... and pirates dont get haste ... FYI:)
    Save your own ass before you save someone elses because your no help to anyone else dead.
    -Ronald's one and only quote. If yall didnt ask me ... yall cant use it.

GoldShifter -Dual Blade- 3x Bera

Goals: Start Maple Again [x] Make a Person [x] 2nd Job [] 3rd Job [] 4th Job [] Level 200 [] Go Bossing [] Kill Zak and HT [] I start out small and work my way up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sakirol View Post
    But...I CPQED so I also experienced the handiness of dash. It's NOT useless. It's been extremely useful and fun for me. Dash is the thing that'll get you over the chronos and rombots and get to the towers. It's that or haste, which I didn't get a lot of during the time I pqed. It's saved me a lot of wins. If you plan to CPQ and don't intend to trade wins the whole way through, Dash will help you a lot. It's also gotten me away from dying quite a few times in CPQ too.
    Most people don't try doing non-trade anymore, because a lot of CPQers start off as soon as they can, which means really the only way of effectively leveling is by trade. And in later levels, it's not worth "showing off" your damage just to get less exp at the end because the other team had a dexless sin with ilbis or something. And like you said later in your post, you have/get corkscrew, that can be used to 'move' enemies, and if you time it/do it in the right spot, you can get away without getting hit, if anything. So really, if you're gonna just use it in one time of your maple "career", it isn't really worth getting to screw yourself later.

Quote Originally Posted by sakirol View Post
    I wouldn't suggest you max dash afterwards in place of MP Recovery or Oak Barrel because by then, you would've lost most reasons to have it except for an extra boost of speed walking through maps or such. It wouldn't help u from dying because...you have pots and encountering monsters high enough to kill you in one hit would either be extremely rare or on purpose. During PQ's, you'll most likely have a sin, and that sin will have already maxed out haste by that time. You'll also have more speed/jump equips then. It'd be useless and you'd be better off maxing out MP recovery or oak barrel.
    Oak barrel could be used for getting through maps as well, and with barrel, you have only a small chance of getting hit, as opposed to getting hit by running through the mob with more speed. Chances are, the mob(s) will hit you once, twice tops, and usually barrel will be able to dodge that.
    --

And of course, these are just my biased opinions based on the little I read about them, and what my friends told me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    Most people don't try doing non-trade anymore, because a lot of CPQers start off as soon as they can, which means really the only way of effectively leveling is by trade. And in later levels, it's not worth "showing off" your damage just to get less exp at the end because the other team had a dexless sin with ilbis or something. And like you said later in your post, you have/get corkscrew, that can be used to 'move' enemies, and if you time it/do it in the right spot, you can get away without getting hit, if anything. So really, if you're gonna just use it in one time of your maple "career", it isn't really worth getting to screw yourself later.

Oak barrel could be used for getting through maps as well, and with barrel, you have only a small chance of getting hit, as opposed to getting hit by running through the mob with more speed. Chances are, the mob(s) will hit you once, twice tops, and usually barrel will be able to dodge that.
    --

And of course, these are just my biased opinions based on the little I read about them, and what my friends told me.
    Oak barrel are for failures, who srsly needs to hide from a monster is a noob

Banned

Alright, go to pap, kill the first body, and see if you don't have to hide from the second.