Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fiction] Puppeteer's Relics

Default [Fiction] Puppeteer's Relics

Hello, dear readers!
    If you noticed my last topic, I decided to write yet another Action/Adventure story, just that I will pull out to different genres from time to time, so don't expect it not to be funny/scary/whatever else you don't want to see - I'll give my best to have everything in this fiction.
    Also, notice I say fiction, not fan-fiction. Yes, this is not related to MapleStory.
    Don't expect chapters too fast at once, I'm really going to give my best at this.

Prologue

A fresh summer breeze went through the market place of Natra, a relatively little city in the southwest of the continent. It was June, the sun was coming out of the places it hid over the winter and was shining down on the paved streets that were empty since market would start in two days.
    A pretty young person, maybe seventeen years old, was sitting on the ledge of one of the windows in Natra's hotel. He wore a dark cloak with a faint blue glow as well as dark pants and a hat in a fitting colour. A sheath was hanging down his waist, an empty one, with the other hand, he was holding the sword and trying to flip away food rests that had landed between his teeth.
    He was watching the market with his green eyes, waiting for something to happen. He knew they were going to prepare for the market today, and it was Thursday, the day when the most famous sellers from the Natra market bought their mystical or magic items that everyone was going crazy about.

The young swordsman wiped some raven-black, long hairs out of his face to be able to see the market place better. Someone was approaching it.

The market place was basically a huge, huge square with a few buildings here and there, and the hotel happened to be in the middle. Right now, it was empty except for random passerbys here and there, visiting the city from the little villages near. Suddenly a red haired, tall person with a briefcase caught his attention. He was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. He seemed to perfectly match the stereotype of a muscly subordinate running on minimum wage. That person looked around, searching for a specific person on the market place and eyed his briefcase nervously.
    The swordsman, his name was Zack, ran his fingers over his sword. It was sharp... he loved the feeling of holding a weapon in his hands, he loved being able to defend himself. Especially against someone with muscles as huge as this one.
    Then something else caught his attention.

Foster, the richest man in Natra, was walking right towards the living battering ram. Zack hopped off the window's ledge, falling two meters, then sheathing his sword and walking towards them as they started to talk to each other.

"... hurry, we could be watched." Foster spoke. He had bright brown hair with dark parts here and there, always wearing sunglasses and a tuxedo. And he was right, wasn't he? Zack smiled.

"Hey, why are you talking to him? We're supposed to hurry. Someone could watch us." Zack stated, trying to look as serious as possible.
    "Who the hell are you?!" the mountain of muscles shouted.
    "I might just ask you the same. Me and him are about to do business, I'm going to sell something to him, so hoosh, hoosh, get away." Zack smiled.

It worked. Foster and Fitboy, how Zack decided to call him, were totally confused. Zack had to grab the chance while it was there. "Okay, I see, this is a mess. Mr. Foster, we'll see if this person can tell you everything about the item you wanted to buy from MY boss. Come on! Scared? You should inform yourself before you tried to steal something like that."

"It's a golden ring with purple decorations that is said to have special powers."

"I don't think that is enough, do you, Mr. Foster?"
    "No. Carry on. What are these special powers?"

"Well, not really much has been said about that, but some have said they have been disappearing from where they have been and appearing somewhere else."

Zack raised an eyebrow. Teleport? This ring was pretty interesting, but it surely would cost a lot of energy to pull that off.

"That seems to be right. What is wrong with him?" Foster asked, looking at Zack.
    "If he is right, that would obviously mean that I am the fake one."
    "Oh, yes, that's right! Well, thanks anyway, now I can be sure that he ain't a fake."
    "Exactly. Goodbye!" Zack smiled, turning around and walking away, trying to walk as fast as possible without making them think he's running away.

"Wait..." Foster muttered. "You just gave him all the information on what I was buying. GET HIM!"
    "But I'm not working for you. You'll have to pay me."
    "How much?"
    "Depends on how far he runs away."
    "It's costing more and more! Get him finally!"
    "No! I'm not doing your dirty work unpaid!"

Zack grinned. He got the information out of them as if they were little kids. And the day after tomorrow, he'd snatch the golden ring with purple decorations when the market place was full of salesmen and customers.

Timmy is liking this one Kon
    Very much
    And yes I am using bad English on purpose

Coursework ahs sucked the life out of me : (

I note the usage of "here and there" throughout the beginning O.O.

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraizen View Post
    Timmy is liking this one Kon
    Very much
    And yes I am using bad English on purpose

Coursework ahs sucked the life out of me : (
    Actually it's grammatically correct.

On a side note, nice story, I hope you continue writing this...

Heh, I used it 3 times throughout the whole thing, and why not do it? ;D

Wait, who's joshua?

And i think you need to use more metaphores/similies and more descriptive adjectives.
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

OOPS! Missed changing the name - Joshua was Zack's first intended name. Thanks a lot.

LOL
    My grammar is usually the biggest pile of turd ever.
    *looks bac to 2 attempted fictions*

Indeed cruddy.

Keep it up Kon

Thanks for the constructive criticism, darksidehero, that's exactly the thing I need =)

Chapter 1

Act One

Saturday.
    The big market was open to any vendor who had just enough money to buy a license, which actually wasn't a big expense. Almost every resident in Natra had one of them since one could always come in handy.
    Zack was walking through the huge pile of little tents with a cut out side to server as an entrance. Most of these people were selling things like clothes, backpacks, weapons and little gifts to other people since Natra was one of the most popular cities on the continent, making people proud if they could have some real Natrian decorations like a wooden shield hanging on the wall.
    But these things were trivial to Zack right now as he took shortcuts around, trying to find Foster's store.
    Zack's eyes moved, analyzing every tent on the items they sold, trying to find one with magic or mystical items. There were only two vendors of these, one was a new one he didn't actually know well, and the second was Foster. He was surely selling the ring on today's market, there was no other way.

"Excuse me, sir, have you seen a store with magical items yet?" Zack asked some random passerby.
    "Yes, I did, why do you ask?"
    "Could you tell me where it is?"
    "It's not there anymore, they close the market every Sunday evening."

Zack walked off annoyed, obviously, that guy was not the right person to ask, and he doubted that there was anyone here capable of properly answering the question. The market was practically a huge labyrinth.

After almost half an hour of searching, he was standing in front of the black, big tent with golden decorations on it that almost looked as if there were tiny tree branches scattered around the tent. Zack entered, a smell of fresh grass surrounded the place all of a sudden and he took a deep breath. He loved that smell. Where did that come from? There were wooden shelves around the tent with things like rings that were supposed to change their colors to represent the carrier's mood, hats that were said to protect you from ghosts and diseases, but that wasn't what Zack was looking for.

Taking a close look on the person at the vending post right now, he realized that the ring would be a special tip and not handed out to people who just wanted to take a look at it. Was it worth too much?

"Hey there, I heard about... a special offer from your boss. A little ring. Could I see it?"
    "It ain't on sale, and who told you?"
    "Well, there was this guy with the white muscle shirt and the blue jeans, lots of muscles, you know, and he told me about it."
    "Hmm, I see. Please don't spread the word. Want to buy anything?"
    "Well I was interested in that ring, but eh, if I can't get it here, I'll leave it at this then. Goodbye."

Zack left the tent, disappointed. It was most probably just a safety turn from Foster to protect the ring from being stolen by that guy from yesterday, which happened to be Zack. He felt guilty for acting without care. How could he get the ring now?
    Just as he took the step out of the tent, he heard a voice behind him, the vendors, obviously not talking to him. He took another step to the right immediately to prevent from being spotted and overheard the conversation.

The vendor's deep, determined voice was what Zack heard, but he could hardly understand what that guy was speaking. Zack gritted his teeth. He had screwed up once, this was a chance to fix it. He closed his eyes and attempted banishing the footsteps and conversations around him, filtering out the vendor's voice. "...et paid I'll find a...r way to make you. Foster's hotel is y... chance."

Zack heard a footstep inside the tent and immediately opened his eyes, pretending to wait for someone while he thought of the meaning of what we heard. Can't get paid, find another way, Foster's hotel as a chance. Zack was pretty sure the vendor meant last chance. He moved his eyes towards the tent entrance, waiting for anybody to get out.
    After five minutes, a tall person wearing steel armor entered the tent, and as the vendor left the tent, pulling a young girl behind him of who he only saw the neck-length, golden-brown hair, he decided to spend a night in Stephen Foster's Hotel of Natra.

Gasp, I wonder what they are talking about, and if you want bad grammar i give you your bad grammar . Got it palz??

Always looking for guildmates.

Fave series: Artemis Fowl, Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, and er.... Hunting for others. Please recommend series. NOTE SERIES!!!!!

Goals!!!!
    30[x] 35[x] 40[x] 50[] 60[] 70[] 80+[]
    solo pap[] solo mm[x] solo zmm[] solo king slime[x] 1st mill[] max out buddies guild[x] get nx[]

Spoiler!