2. Classes for Ariant
    3. How to enter
    4. What to expect from the arena
    5. The type of people
    6. Hints and Strategies
    7. End of the Line
    8. My review
    9. Changes on the guide

The level requirements for this competition are levels 21 - 30.

1. What is Ariant Competition?

Ariant Competition is not actually a party quest; it’s more like a competition match on who can compete to collect more jewels. It’s much like the gladiators fight except instead of teamwork, they compete for becoming number one. But for some odd reason, it’s still called a party quest. It’s abbreviated as ArPQ because it would confuse people with Amoria Party Quest. Don't point the finger at me because some twat decides to label this a party quest. I abbreviate it as ArC.

2. Classes for Ariant

These are the following classes that will strive or perish in this party quest environment. By strive or perish, it’s either burning mesos or save a bit because this party quest only offers in the end experience points and points to get the chair. You will have to use your own potions for this fight.

Adventurers

Warriors – If you have a decent accuracy with a hit rate of 100%, then you have no problem. Just beware that warriors in any class has unstable damage so it might take either 3 hits or 6 hits to capture the scorpion.

Bowmen – Never misses, just unstable damage.

Magicians – Mages has stable damage with magic claw and can make Red Scorpion easier to capture.

Thieves – With Bandit build, expect more from Warrior’s side. With Assassin’s build, has stable damage and easier to capture scorpions.

Pirates – With Brawler build, look into Warrior’s side. With Gunslinger build, might have the worst luck in this arena.

Cygnus Knights

Dawn Warrior - See Warrior class.

Blaze Wizard - Without MP recovery, this will hinder Blaze Wizard's MP recover.

Wind Archer: See Bowmen class.

Night Walker: See Thieves class under Assassin build.

Thunder Breaker: See Pirates under Brawler build.

3. How to enter the arena

Before you enter, you must speak to Cezar and if you are level ranging from 21 – 30, you are qualified. Cezar is located in Henesys, Perion, Ariant and Ludibrium.

As you enter the outside of the arena, Cezar has 3 places to hold the matches. Depending who creates an arena first, the leader can decide how many people can enter, and the level limits the person can enter by its level. If you managed get in, hooray for you. Now you are in the arena, be ready to be basked in chaos.

4. What to expect in the arena

You have only 8 minutes to accumulate as many jewels as possible. And by accumulating jewels it means capturing Red Scorpions. And by capturing Red Scorpions, it means inflicting damage at their weakest point to capture. The more jewels you obtain, the more experience points you get and helps bring you closer to the Palm Beach chair. If you manage to compete with 5 other people and came out on top, you gain more experience points and more points to get even closer to the chair.

You have the following objects on your hand: 50 Magic Rocks to capture scorpions at their weakest point and 5 bombs to know people senseless to make them drop their jewels. If you managed to run out of Magic Rocks, ask Cezar on top and he’ll give you 50 more Magic Rocks.

If you managed to destroy the Red Scorpion and not capturing it, it also drops the following items that will be instantly used as you pick it up:

• The bubble helps protect you from explosions by other people who would go planting bombs. Don’t expect it to last though.
    • The fist boosts your weapon and magic attack temporarily to inflict more damage on scorpions making capturing easier.
    • The skull reverses all your opponents control making a lot harder to turn to places. An example would be if you press left on your keyboard, you are actually going right if you have the skull icon on your head.
    • The wing boosts your walking speed and jumping height temporarily which can help you in certain ways.
    • The bomb is the same item that you received from the beginning. It does not go off automatically but kept inside your inventory.

5. The type of people you encounter

There are no stages for this type of party quest. Just obtain large amount of jewels extracted from Red Scorpions until time runs out. This is what I label folks who do the following actions:

• If you are an attacker, just attack and capture. And repeat some more.
    • If you are a new person who just discovered an alternative party quest instead of Kerning City party quest and doesn’t know what to do for this type of party quest, just finish the Red Scorpions and take the drops. And also learn a thing or two about how this party quest works.
    • If you are lazy and do not want to work, you can be a looter or opportunist. Just wait till a person weakens the scorpion and capture it at the right time.
    • If you are the kind of person who despises hard work and loves to toil down hard worker people who earned their way just to be number one, just bomb the person who holds the most jewels and loot the jewels that they dropped. However, if you just do it for amusement and not collecting the loot you are a Pansy.
    • If you are the kind of person who loves to thwart people of capturing their Red Scorpions, just kill steal your opponents.
    • If you were struck by the bomb and people managed to loot your hard working captures, bomb them back and regain your lost jewels to seek a self satisfaction.
    • If you managed to collect 20 bombs, no jewels with you and there’s about 1-2 minutes left on the clock, you can just bomb the entire arena just for the hell of it.
    • Or just do all of the above.

6. Hints and Strategies

Hints on how to get more jewels:
    • Attack till the Red Scorpion has 1/8 of their health left and capture. Repeat.
    • There are portals in all directions either between North and South, and East and West for those who can plant bombs well.
    • Place Magic Rocks on hotkeys to make it easier to capture Red Scorpions when weakened.
    • Nimble feet can be handy too if you know how to utilize it.
    • Powerups can help quite a lot but don’t be an ass and just kill Red Scorpions just to collect bombs to inflict damage among other people.
    • When obtained the skull, use the bombs.
    • The bottom of either far left or far right is the best way to implement bombs to trap somebody.
    • Timing is also an important factor on whose winning.

7. End of the Line

Once time is up, it shows a chart of whose rank depending on a number of players in this arena. Few seconds later, you will be transported to the queen’s room.

Don’t leave the room just yet. If you want to walk away with experience points, speak to Areda and she will award you experience points depending on how many jewels you collected. You can also ask Abdula the 8th to see how many points you accumulated to get to the Palm Beach chair requirements. The amount of points to obtain the Palm Beach chair is 200 points and that’s a lot of competition if you continue to play this type of competition just to get a chair.

8. My review for this competition:

There’s no stage development whatsoever, only carnage and chaos in this game. I kind of like this type of party quest when I watch people collect jewels and in the end loses ¾ of his share. It is pure mindless entertainment when people capture scorpions and about 1 minute left on the clock, bombs goes off, and everybody loots the jewels from the players who got inflicted by the bomb. If still has plenty of time left, players can still capture scorpions till the time runs out. However, if you are in that type of scenario where you weaken monsters to capture and repeat until the last minute some arsehole decides to bomb you, you get easily pissed off because the person who bombed you is the person who didn’t do a lick of work. Overall, this competition is pure entertainment to watch over especially in drama developing which plunged into more chaos while the crowd screams for blood, is a satisfying ordeal with some players. However, place your shoes in the arena and didn’t manage to find a strategy to become number one, you get easily pissed off. The experience gain in comparison to Kerning City Party Quest goes hand to hand if collect large quantities of jewels. The only thing I find sad about this party quest is that there’s not much rewards only the palm chair if you win being the top for the next 20 matches. While the Palm Beach chair is good for all classes except the magicians, there are better chairs than this one if you seen previous events. Magicians at a high level can thrive in the arena because 2-3 maxed magic claws can capture scorpions plus teleportation can be really deadly.

So, in pros and cons about this competition:

Positives: Mindless entertainment, gladiators’ style matches, slightly higher experience rate than Kerning City Party Quest if obtained large number of jewels and Palm Beach chair can be sold for a decent rate.

Negatives: People bring their worst personalities in these matches, players can perform anything from stealing, looting and bombing and can get away with it, (it is part of the game) experience rate is poor if have little amount jewels and Palm Beach chair is very difficult to obtain.

Credits:
    Spoiler!

If you plan to copy and paste this guide in other forums, please PM or ask me.

Version 1.0 Guide was posted on 2/15/2009.
    Version 1.1 Removed unnecessary gunk, added Cygnus Knights, added Cezar locations, not much changes.
    I'm Retired.

You should not call it a party quest, nor should you mention "party quest" (aside from saying its not a PQ) in your guide.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Icon5

instead of calling it arpq,apq or wathever,i always call it arn-colise.
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

Banned

Colosseum ?

After reading posts and requests that the readers are always right, I'm editing the content from "Party Quest" to Competition or Coliseum on whatever it is.

Thanks readers for making me do more cruddy guides to help the average joe of maple you tossers.
    I'm Retired.

YAY!
    About time it was made. Hope it gets stickied/moved to the quest section.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

at the end of the match, some guy bombed me and when i went to get my points i didnt get any. (woman sed my number of gems was different)
    is it a glitch/hack/etc etc?
    Click on my dragons!!!!!!!

or they will die

Current dragon(s)
    >>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<
    Click on them!!!!!!

If the guy bombed you and if you drop massive amount of jewels, then you are screwed at the last second.
    I'm Retired.

Sorry for the necropost but I made minor changes for the guide.

And it's sad that there isn't a guide for Ariant Competition.
    I'm Retired.