Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropping Teleport For Holy Arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEagle View Post
    I've actually done a bit of research and found that nearly everything zigkid has said so far is true.

It seems that HA comes in handy in the 3rd job advancment as well.

I might end up dropping MP eater for HA but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.
    Or you could leave HA at 11. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by RookTM View Post
    Or you could leave HA at 11. :rolleyes:
    Or i could not and actually do something people havent tried more than once.

I'd be maxing MP eater after i max bless(im still maxing it because i'm going to be partying a LOT in the future) so then i'll make my decision.

Hell i could even do a bless-Holy Arrow combo build.

SHUT UP I SUCK WITH GIMP >_>

Goals:Set 1
    [X]Become a Knight.
    [X]Hit level 80
    []Max Ice Charge
    []Get a 105+ Blue Screamer
    []Hit level 100

Or i could not and actually do something people havent tried more than once.

I'd be maxing MP eater after i max bless(im still maxing it because i'm going to be partying a LOT in the future) so then i'll make my decision.

Hell i could even do a bless-Holy Arrow combo build.
    Why do you think its common, most viable maybe?

Why do you think its common, most viable maybe?
    Nope. Holy Arrow maxed isnt common. Sorry to dissapoint.

[X]Become a Knight.
    [X]Hit level 80
    []Max Ice Charge
    []Hit level 100

Nope. Holy Arrow maxed isnt common. Sorry to dissapoint.
    Lol what?

I meant not maxing it was common, because it's most viable.

Lol what?

I meant not maxing it was common, because it's most viable.
    Well i see the use for MP eater, but im doing fine on my own without it. And besides. i see MP eater as a bit of an extra boost.

I still cant decide.

And how is not having it more viable. MP eater is more of a boost skill that comes in handy at some points.

and level 11 MP eater is still decent.

[X]Become a Knight.
    [X]Hit level 80
    []Max Ice Charge
    []Hit level 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Uhm...people HAVE tried to max HA...and they fail. Priests lvl at himes, and what do you need for himes? Heal, teleport, SR, and a decent MPE. Once you hit 4th, there is NO POINT to HA. Some people will still use SR as a smaller mobbing att when it isnt worth it to waste pots with Gen.
    Dont upgrade HA just to 'be different'. You're a cleric/priest/bishop for god's sake, you gave up being different once you selected cleric.

Lemme put it in a time frame. If you max HA, you will RELY on it from about lvl 40 or so up until lvl 80. Mobbing is the best for priests (himes). You will want Max TELE to lure at himes with a DK. You will want max MP eater to save yourself well over several million on pots. You will want max heal (of course) And that DK you party with will want max Bless. Invincible saves a TON of mp while luring. Im sorry, HA is virtually useless. Against a single enemy, it may do just barely a bit more dmg than SR, but not enough to sacrifice your other skills. Dont ruin your character. Take it from the bishop, not the priest. kthx.

Edit: I just showed my brother this thread of people defending HA. He had a good laugh.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Uhm...people HAVE tried to max HA...and they fail. Priests lvl at himes, and what do you need for himes? Heal, teleport, SR, and a decent MPE. Once you hit 4th, there is NO POINT to HA. Some people will still use SR as a smaller mobbing att when it isnt worth it to waste pots with Gen.
    Dont upgrade HA just to 'be different'. You're a cleric/priest/bishop for god's sake, you gave up being different once you selected cleric.

Lemme put it in a time frame. If you max HA, you will RELY on it from about lvl 40 or so up until lvl 80. Mobbing is the best for priests (himes). You will want Max TELE to lure at himes with a DK. You will want max MP eater to save yourself well over several million on pots. You will want max heal (of course) And that DK you party with will want max Bless. Invincible saves a TON of mp while luring. Im sorry, HA is virtually useless. Against a single enemy, it may do just barely a bit more dmg than SR, but not enough to sacrifice your other skills. Dont ruin your character. Take it from the bishop, not the priest. kthx.

Edit: I just showed my brother this thread of people defending HA. He had a good laugh.
    Yessss. good man.

even with level 1 teleport you can still lure mobs almost as fast as a maxed teleport.

so really its just being a tad slower for more damage.

however i do agree that angel ray definitely makes holy arrow go down the drain. but having it from like level 60 or so to 12x is a pretty good run in my book.

also at level 108 you max every thing a priest needs in 3rd job with 36 points left to put in doom, door, or to level dragon past 15 (i wouldnt cause of bahumut). so what im doing now is doing the unthinkable...spending 3rd job points on 2nd job =O so as of now ill be able to have all of my 2nd job skills maxed anyway in the long run. and then use the rest on the "3 D's"

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Having maxed dragon IS useless, but having maxed door ISNT useless. Max door. If you ever expect to train at newts with a party, they expect max door. I want to know when you honestly rely on HA training past 80. Dont say MDTs, cause you will make me laugh too hard.
    So...you are thinking ahead to Dragon being overruled in 4th job, but not HA being overpowered in 3rd job?

Spoiler!