Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "A roar was heard across the land..."

The hackers do basically laugh at GMs puny attempts to make them stop, back to powerguard hack. The GMs didn't stop that, gameguard or whatever stopped the hack from opening with MS did.

Quote Originally Posted by azn4anime View Post
    RedMage seems to be one of the few people who at least admit the reality of the situation.

The GM's will never be able to overcome the sheer amount of hackers. They're just not efficient enough. Sure they try, but the number of hackers they ban don't even come close to the overall population. It's true. The hackers won. And they can't do anything about it. I personally have seen a GM on at least 3 occasions, and 2 of them were for GM events. The other one wasn't too significant. But the point is that there's nothing any of us can do about it anymore. Get more GMs? I highly, HIGHLY doubt that'll stop even a fraction of the hackers. The only option is to just quit [like many of us already have], or deal with it. There's no point complaining, whining, or even appreciating the GMs work. It's their duty. You don't need to praise someone for doing their job. And yet, every time they ban a bunch of hackers, people go crazy.

Maple Story has long been dead.
    Sadly, this is pretty much it. There's nothing we can do about it. I've been playing for well over 3 years and not a gm in sight. I don't even think I'll ever see one. Just keep playing and doing your best. Attempt to ignore them as much as possible. Report if you see one and find somewhere else to be. Otherwise, quit and find a game where they cared soon enough to stop the problem.

<3 Maple Abbreviations Guide! <3
    Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Maybe Nexon should like, find a way to stop people from .wz editing. All those hacks nowadays, like No Delay, Godmode, Vaccing, it's all done through editing .wz files...

Course it's prolly impossible to find a way to encrypt files they send to other computers in a way that they can't be broken into.
    Not back. Front.

They've tried mike but as long as the filed exist they can be changed. o-o;;

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnexUK View Post
    Maybe Nexon should like, find a way to stop people from .wz editing. All those hacks nowadays, like No Delay, Godmode, Vaccing, it's all done through editing .wz files...

Course it's prolly impossible to find a way to encrypt files they send to other computers in a way that they can't be broken into.
    Or make it so that when you open it up outside of Maplestory, it gives you a trojan/virus/worm/glitch/pr0nsite.

The last one might actually benefit them though.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by azn4anime View Post
    RedMage seems to be one of the few people who at least admit the reality of the situation.

The GM's will never be able to overcome the sheer amount of hackers. They're just not efficient enough. Sure they try, but the number of hackers they ban don't even come close to the overall population. It's true. The hackers won. And they can't do anything about it. I personally have seen a GM on at least 3 occasions, and 2 of them were for GM events. The other one wasn't too significant. But the point is that there's nothing any of us can do about it anymore. Get more GMs? I highly, HIGHLY doubt that'll stop even a fraction of the hackers. The only option is to just quit [like many of us already have], or deal with it. There's no point complaining, whining, or even appreciating the GMs work. It's their duty. You don't need to praise someone for doing their job. And yet, every time they ban a bunch of hackers, people go crazy.

Maple Story has long been dead.
    This is the sad sad truth. 3 years of playing on bera and i haven't seen a gm once. I thought maybe gameguard would stop the hacking to an extent.. but it seems to ban more legits than hackers. Why do i even play maple story anymore? A question that i cannot answer..
    Spoiler!

They do this purley for show. A few hackers banned on occasion with a public notice to excuse their laziness on the issue.

Seriously if you think about it. What if you were a GM. IT IS NOT HARD TO FIND HACKERS. We as players with a little bit of research know all the main stream hacker areas. Go to Wolf spiders and you see 5 bishop hackers(this is on yellonde) hacking up the ranks and jacking up the economy with crap loads of ilbis. I also remember the event that redmage is talking about. At least 10 smegas went up and not one GM was on to check it out. The hackers have not just hacked the Horntail once but twice already. Hacker items are being thrown into Yellonde's economy and people have simply accepted hackers.
    Life is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashNinjaX View Post
    Seriously if you think about it. What if you were a GM. IT IS NOT HARD TO FIND HACKERS. We as players with a little bit of research know all the main stream hacker areas. Go to Wolf spiders and you see 5 bishop hackers(this is on yellonde) hacking up the ranks and jacking up the economy with crap loads of ilbis. I also remember the event that redmage is talking about. At least 10 smegas went up and not one GM was on to check it out. The hackers have not just hacked the Horntail once but twice already. Hacker items are being thrown into Yellonde's economy and people have simply accepted hackers.
    Haha, watch an upcoming notice on nexon website be we have removed gameguard.