Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Gunslinger?

I don't think I could ever play a Gunslinger. The low damage in second job would really kill me. I recognize their ability in third and fourth, I could just never get there myself :p.

1st job=Fail
    2nd job=More Fail

But...

3rd job=INCREDIBLE
    4th job=Pretty much everything they do makes people go WTF. And with good reasoning.

SHUT UP I SUCK WITH GIMP >_>

Goals:Set 1
    [X]Become a Knight.
    [X]Hit level 80
    []Max Ice Charge
    []Get a 105+ Blue Screamer
    []Hit level 100

ah yes, I can't wait to finish helming my gs. Then it'll be time to lvl him like a madman and actually hit high levels so he can be the epic he was made to be :D

<3 Maple Abbreviations Guide! <3
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by San-Lzu View Post
    Brawlers are the most overpowered second job in the game.

On another note, it's not that hard to get to level 70 and put one point into burst fire.
    Actually 50-70 bandits are.

SHUT UP I SUCK WITH GIMP >_>

Goals:Set 1
    [X]Become a Knight.
    [X]Hit level 80
    []Max Ice Charge
    []Get a 105+ Blue Screamer
    []Hit level 100

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEagle View Post
    Actually 50-70 bandits are.
    Can bandits stun alishar and tauromacis in one hit(Bandits can frikking put him into a wall)? Speaking of which, I'm going to try to knock mushmom into someone one day.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

first job dmg is inconsistent and extremely low, gonna have a ridiculously hard time training (even relatively well funded) + probably need someone patient to kpq w/ (take forever to kill gators...)
    second job gets a bit better once you reach around 35+ because of ratz+retz are easy to snipe w/ invisible shot. scorpions are pretty good too if you have lots of pot money.
    don't bother with cpq unless you have a good friend that will do it with you or unless your doing map 3.
    and ofc, it gets alot better after 3rd and 4th jobs.

Beginner

Well I love my slinger even in 2nd job, but I got goood funds. :P I'd just play the class you like, I mean I wouldnt play slinger because some people say we suck. We're nice in 3rd job and axcellent in 4th. But I wouldnt think about 4th job too early.
    eMS Kradia: Darnel ~ lv125 I/L Mage - Active?
    gMS Scania: Ripeseta ~ lvl4x Gunslinger - Active
    gMS Scania: Ripest ~ lv107 I/L Mage - Hacked

My GS is lvl 25 and I like it. I have been doing KPQ since lvl 22 and it doesn't take that long to kill a gator...I hit an average of 30~60 with each bullet with double shot or whatever so that ~100ish per double shot/per second is like ~180ish per second. It really isn't that bad of first job..

Quote Originally Posted by godothepig View Post
    My GS is lvl 25 and I like it. I have been doing KPQ since lvl 22 and it doesn't take that long to kill a gator...I hit an average of 30~60 with each bullet with double shot or whatever so that ~100ish per double shot/per second is like ~180ish per second. It really isn't that bad of first job..
    no offense but, gators have 1.2k hp. by your 30-60 average, it would take about 10+ double shots on average to kill a gator compared to the other classes of about 5 ish at most. also, you will almost never get a 180 dmg per second ratio simply because that would mean you are standing still continuously hitting one gator, completely neglecting the fact that other gators will spawn around you. At 25+-31, my slinger was relatively funded compared with the norm (10 att wg, dex robe, scrolled gun) and i was the last to hand in tickets about 50% of the time.
    You will more than likely be the one lagging the party in the end even with the least amount of ticket requirements unless you have ppl nice enough in your party to kill for u.

All in all, after 50+ and getting relatively funded gear, slingers arent that bad. From what i see, my average dmg for invis @ 55 was 1.2-1.5k (decently fast with gun booster) and recoil can hit about 2.2k+

The Gunslinger's Double Shots are meant to be shot twice, also along with this the range increases so this makes up for their "short" range. Also when I trained my Pirate, I skipped Slimes and got to killing Pigs from 10-18,Green Shrooms started dropping like crazy by Level 18?
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)