Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Opinions on Gunslinger? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Gunslinger?

Gunslingers aren't that weak. I have a Level 40 Gunslinger, and I had barely any problems with my damage.

I do about 700 Damage on a Brown Teddy (in CPQ)--or 350 per shot with Double Fire--w/ +7 Att. WG.

Double Fire takes 8 MP away per shot when Maxed.
    Most other 1st Job offensive skills takes away 16 MP.

You can probably fire around 9x Double Fires with the time it takes you to fire 5x Magic Claw or Lucky Seven. (At a 1.8:1 Ratio).

Double Fire is also ranged.
    Therefore, a Gunslinger can do around 6000 Damage, while an Assassin probably does around 1300 x 5 = 7500 Damage w/ Steely and a good Claw.

So in truth, not much difference there if you look at it closely.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Just wanted to point out that Homing + Battleship Cannon has the second highest DPS in the game after Night Lords.
    Not back. Front.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnexUK View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Homing + Battleship Cannon has the second highest DPS in the game after Night Lords.
    Night lords have no chance against just the battle ship, thrown in homing/bullseye, and we raep them again.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

I didn't even have problems fighting over Ant Tunnel with a To-Be Sin...
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahLoh View Post
    I didn't even have problems fighting over Ant Tunnel with a To-Be Sin...
    Yep, That's why I like gunslingers, we can KS the any monster you don't focus on if you give us 1 second. Also, Recoil shot in KS wars is awesome.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

They have pretty fast attacks and decent damage but it's sort of like bowmen where they don't start shining until 3rd job and onward in my opinion though haven't messed with gunslinger to much yet but it feels similar.

Yeah I saw a Outlaw that was about 3 levels below me; he put points into Burst Fire first, and was doing MUCH more damage than I was with all crits, SP, 'lixers, etc, etc.

From my short experience with Gunslingers, they suck. 1/1's pop up practically every time and they're impossible to level in 1/2nd job.
    =/
    Also remember that my sin has L7 and is DEXless, balancing its damage. The normal Mastery on my other attacks are horrid, and the damage is everywhere.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

They aren't hard to level up in second job, because invisible shot is pretty good, but they are weak(Double shot sucks).
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

I got from 31 to 44 in only 4~5 days doing CPQ.

Right now, my slinger can hit from 110~230 using DS and 300~550 using IS on Robos. I can kill a rombot in less than 10 seconds, and teddies in 2~3 shots.

I can kill a Fire Boar in 2~3 DS.

Just use the warrior potion/pill or upgrade your WG/gun.

My only problem while levelling with my gunslinger was, when I was far from my enemy, it was fine and fun.. hearing those gunshots and seeing the dmg i was dealing :P.. But what irritated me was that, when my enemy suddenly jumps and runs towards me and bumps into me, that's when the shooting stops.. Instead i see my gunslinger err.. like doing normal attacks to the enemy while using my gun o.o.. Unless the monster is far enough again, it keeps doing that >.<..

But it went fine I guess, that's the same scenario with bowmen and thieves, right?.. But I only reached lvl21 with that gunslinger though.. :p