Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The BigFoot Encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BigFoot Encounter

Default The BigFoot Encounter

It was crazy. I was on my main, o0Gamma0o, and had two of my friends with me. (lvl 45 gunslinger and lvl 41 assassin) My friend Rob and I, the gunslinger, wanted to see if we could use my pg for BF leech. The assassin tagged along.

We found a Headless Horseman. I pg damaged it and a NightLord killed it. We got no exp from it! Maybe like 1 exp! Total rip off!

So then Sage joins us. He tells us there's a BigFoot in ch 2 on the way to raiders being killed by a NightLord. So off we go to see if we could leech it. I pg damaged BigFoot (and died XD) maybe 5 times. Right as it was going to die... The jerk NightLord goes into dark sight and lures it to kill me and Rob. =/ After a long chase and avoiding BigFoot a couple times, Rob and I died and the assassin got lost. The NL killed it and Sage only got 1 exp. God I hate xLegianx. What a jerk.

I'm currently looking to sell and try out BigFoot leech if anyone wants to help me. :D

well... did you ever stop to think that... ugh... you are 4x, and the monsters are for people nearer to 1xx, and bigfoot, it can be hard even for some 4th jobbers to survive, and your only 2nd job?

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

You won't get exp.

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Your first encounter with Bigfoot is usually awful.

You won't be able to properly leech a BF for EXP unless you're in the killer's party. Otherwise you just end up with a little bit of EXP and nothing else.

And also, PG doesn't reduce as much damage as it normally does when you're bumping bosses. I believe it's only 10% against bosses, despite what it shows, but I tried it once with a DrK friend; with HB I had 95xx HP and the damage it showed was 90xx with PG on and I still died. So yeah.
    Not back. Front.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Well...if you were messing with that NL's kill, he had every right to lure it onto you. I would do the same thing, in fact, i HAVE done that same thing. A 7x ranger and a 4x fighter came into the map i was killing BF in and began attacking. They obviously couldnt knock it back, so i just FJed over him, and it ran right through them. Made me very happy seeing those wanna-be ksing ghosts pop up.

Edit*
    The way leeching works:
    You join the attacker PARTY. You do dmg to the monster, then he kills it. You gain roughly 30%? of the exp. You cant leech from someone if you are not in their party.

Spoiler!

Can't say you didn't try.

First, I'm lvl 50. Just saying. ^_^; I'm still low level facing BF, but just wanted to throw that out there. XD

Second, true, the NL was killing first. But realizing what people posted about leech exp gain, I would have only gotten close to a little if not any exp. I'm sure the NL must have known this or didn't care and wanted to get a kick out of a killing a low level pger. =/ Regardless, I wasn't ksing. (obviously) I wouldn't do that. I hate ksing.

Third, thank you for the leech info people. ^_^ Maybe now I'll successfully leech and profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post

The way leeching works:
    You join the attacker PARTY. You do dmg to the monster, then he kills it. You gain roughly 30%? of the exp. You cant leech from someone if you are not in their party.
    Actually, you can. As long as you damage the monster, you will get some exp, though you will get a lot more if you are in the attacker's party.
    Goals:
    1st Job[X] 2nd Job[X] 3rd Job[X] Lvl 100[X] 4th Job[X] Lvl 140 [X] 100m[X] 200m[X] 700m[X]Scarlion Helm[X] Targa Helm [X] Ice Staff [X] Iceberg Wand [ ] Eye of Horus [X] HT Pendant with Egg[ ] Do godly damage[X] Hit 100k dmg at 135 [X] Get the new Kino pet[X] BLIZZARD[X] Blizzard 30 [X]
    Kino rox

R>Guild members to Sideways in Bootes. Must be at least Lvl 100+ and active.

That's what happened to me at the Ghost Ship! A random page with PG came walking in, lv 34, and starting walking everywhere. She only did like... 46 damage. I was very confused... We had a long chat and after a while she went to cpq. It was funny though, she attack my Puppet X'D

I'm very lucky with BF because I haven't died by him. True story, I've have at least 4 REALLY bad encounters. I NEARLY died one time but I landed on a Jr Wraith and took 1 damage, then ran the other way on my mount. It's saved me A LOT.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

You still can't get the exp unless you're within 5 levels of if you're in their party. If you're not in the party, I don't know how much you can get, but I doubt it'll be much at all and it really wouldn't be worth it >_>

<3 Maple Abbreviations Guide! <3
    Spoiler!