View Poll Results: What is stronger: Strless or Regular Str?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strless

2 28.57%
  • Regular Str

5 71.43%

Thread: [Gunslinger] Strless vs. Regular?

Default [Gunslinger] Strless vs. Regular?

Alright...I was recently thinking of starting a new character and I wanted to try a gunslinger since their supposedly strong and fast. I will be able to buy any and all necessary equips if I go strless or stay regular since I have a priest. My question is what is stronger in the long run? Since maplestory's b-day is coming up in May, there will be strless pirate guns available and I don't mind waiting. I've also heard they're releasing a lvl 9x version of the maple weapons.
    Demethos;
    -DeadMarauder lvl 74 Pirate Active
    -ShipOfDead lvl 22 Pirate

S>Gold Plates, Black Crystals, and Diamonds, PM DeadMarauder.

I would probably say regular build because the reason other classes work is because they dont need it as much as some others do.

Dexless Assassins/Bandits- They work because their dex has VERY low impact on their damage and Lucky7(or Triple Throw) is more towards the luck you have dispite the msg it saying its not effected by luck. The formula for L7 is completely broken out of dex which is how they work and can over dominate the upper classes who are dexed.

Strless Archers- As you can probably guess alot of strless archers dont do so well because they are str dependent, sure maple kandiva/soul search/bow hands a good ammount of attack, but the str that you put into instead of dex helps tremendously with bows like Metus and beyond. Most archers usally go with low str or some means of those lines

Dexless Warriors- these can work since most of their armors are overalls(and with 10% dex and etc) accuracy gloves/high dex capes etc, you can easily get alot of bonus accuracy making these classes viable for dexless or low dex warriors

Lukless Mages- These do work but barly to have a huge impact, maybe it will add in a few damages. The main idea is that 1INT=1M.atk so you have to weight it in and see if the luck bonus is worth it to carry higher leveled equips. As well with the invention of overall int and helm int these classes are more apt to work statless. (In addition to the elemental wands which require no luck at all makes mages completely overpowered on mobs)

Strless GunSlinger- i'd would have to say this leans towards strless archers, the str you put into your stat instead of dex lets you equip better guns that deal a great ammount of damage. Sure you will rip high damages at the maple gun lvls but your limit goes as high as the gun itself can go.

@level 90- If maple does plan to make them it would probably throw my reasoning off.

Conclusion- i'd would go with the Str with Gunslinger but overall its your choice if you want to make a strless or one with str not mine.

Thanks a lot for your insight. I guess I'll go low str for now incase the maple guns come out, if they don't make a 9x strless gun I'll go reg str.
    Demethos;
    -DeadMarauder lvl 74 Pirate Active
    -ShipOfDead lvl 22 Pirate

S>Gold Plates, Black Crystals, and Diamonds, PM DeadMarauder.

Drake

Low Str all the way. Once 120 Timeless Weapons come out in GMS, having enough Str to equip the weapons would be better in the long run.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by canadakid93 View Post
    Alright...I was recently thinking of starting a new character and I wanted to try a gunslinger since their supposedly strong and fast..
    gunslinger are not strong at all,just fast.
    Goals: lvl50 [x] ¸ lvl 70 [x], Zhelm [x ] (yesss), Cape with Att [x], 10 wa wg [ ], 50m [x], 100m [ ], 1bil [ ]

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by Cless View Post
    I would probably say regular build because the reason other classes work is because they dont need it as much as some others do.

Dexless Assassins/Bandits- They work because their dex has VERY low impact on their damage and Lucky7(or Triple Throw) is more towards the luck you have dispite the msg it saying its not effected by luck. The formula for L7 is completely broken out of dex which is how they work and can over dominate the upper classes who are dexed.

Strless Archers- As you can probably guess alot of strless archers dont do so well because they are str dependent, sure maple kandiva/soul search/bow hands a good ammount of attack, but the str that you put into instead of dex helps tremendously with bows like Metus and beyond. Most archers usally go with low str or some means of those lines

Dexless Warriors- these can work since most of their armors are overalls(and with 10% dex and etc) accuracy gloves/high dex capes etc, you can easily get alot of bonus accuracy making these classes viable for dexless or low dex warriors

Lukless Mages- These do work but barly to have a huge impact, maybe it will add in a few damages. The main idea is that 1INT=1M.atk so you have to weight it in and see if the luck bonus is worth it to carry higher leveled equips. As well with the invention of overall int and helm int these classes are more apt to work statless. (In addition to the elemental wands which require no luck at all makes mages completely overpowered on mobs)

Strless GunSlinger- i'd would have to say this leans towards strless archers, the str you put into your stat instead of dex lets you equip better guns that deal a great ammount of damage. Sure you will rip high damages at the maple gun lvls but your limit goes as high as the gun itself can go.

@level 90- If maple does plan to make them it would probably throw my reasoning off.

Conclusion- i'd would go with the Str with Gunslinger but overall its your choice if you want to make a strless or one with str not mine.
    on the contrary about lukless mages, my friend has a lukless i/l and only has enough to scroll a wisdom staff (not godly either, majority of 60%s worked though). he outdamges regular luk i/ls of his same lvl by 1k-2k damage (lvl 80-85 at the time) being lukless makes a HUGE difference. even at lvl 30 with maic claw youll be doing close to 2x the dmg of a regular luk mage. Lukless mages, including clerics, are much better
    hiatus? howzabout PIE-ate-us