Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CPQ killed Maple.

Default Lmpq

You, know I tried LMPQ for the first time a couple days ago, and I noticed, that unless your above lvl 58 or so, the xp suks cuz u can't even hit the monsters that give good xp. It's more of a speed pq that's good for sins and bowmen. Its not really a warrior pq...so Ima try grinding to 55 and then do PPQ is it?

But anyways, CPQ I think did indeed kill maple. It makes it really easy to make money, meaning people don't really learn how to make money the real way. Plus it makes it real easy to level (which explains my impatience with LMPQ).

My case: I whored all my characters from 30-50. (46 for my cleric). But I adjusted quickly to training again and doing quests. Training and quests together give you, 1. same if not better xp, 2. better money, and 3. PATIENCE. (directed to CPQ whores) :)
    null set [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    how so, i personally think it made things harder to differentiate, because normally when you see a level 51 char(before cpq) they wouldent be an fing noob, now you just do know anymore
    The way im talking about is when ur in the actual match with them

Theres the noobs that always go afk, but are actually there leeching off you.

Theres the ever so evasive haxors

Then theres the im only pickin my freinds not the strong ppl guys.

Then theres the pros who pq and pq and pq and level up at least 5time a day.

The level 50's are the most arogant cause they thing they're better, but theyre not i've seen plenty a level 50 die to rombots, and even retz o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazardux
    Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Necroposting is an art. It isn't bad in itself; what's bad is doing it and doing it wrong.
    So is Dancing Like Michael Jackson.

Omg that is just sad a lvl 50 dying at retz? o.o
    Goals: Make an Evan [X] lvl 30 [X] lvl 50 [ ] lvl 70 [ ] make 20 mil [X] make 100 mil [ ] lvl 100 [ ] get an elemental staff [X] lvl 120 [ ] lvl 160 [ ](oh wow that's high...)
    Should be fun though

I was googling cpq and found this topic by pure coincident. I did not have a Hidden-Street account, but I made one just to respond to this topic because it ticked me off that much.

For those who hates what maple is today, you can dig a hole and bury yourself in your nostalgic world and forever stay there. Maple has moved on, Tespia and Beta are long gone and this is what it is today, and to be honest I think Nexon has made some good decisions recently to further advance the game.
    Yes I was there in the Beta days too. I actually started more than four years ago when the unofficial Tespia server was in play, where there was no Ossyria, where the only pq was Kerning PQ and Jr. Rog was the most feared creature in the Maple World. I have also experienced a crowded slime tree and pig beach, and where a 12 def panlid meant that you are god.

...Why? Why would you want Maple to be like that today? Have you not experienced countless level 30 characters and not many 3rd job skills? Have you not been sick of getting 00.01% every 3 kills as a level 70? Have you not looked at a level 150 character and wonder if you'll ever make it there someday? And tell me, have you not 'quit' or took a break from mapling, maybe several times, because you have gotten utterly sick of the monotonous play style?

The introduction of the CPQ is the start of Nexon's intent of raising the average level of the typical Mapler. It's there to really just raise the bell curve to a higher level, not mess with the game. In fact, from how I see it, it adds a lot more fun now that I can reach level 50 in 1 week, and level 80 in a month. The average level for 'noobs' have simply been raised. We're now looking at hundreds of level 200 characters now, and thus level 80's are therefore, and appropriately so, noobs.

The notion of PQ's also means more vacant maps for those who do not wish to pq to train in. There are more options, more flexibility; I honestly don't know why there are people who complains.
    Nexon is starting to add Pink Bean in, and they need a higher populus of higher level characters. They are adding more gameplay. We should be applauding them for actually doing some work.

How long did we used to have to play to get 1 mil back in the days? I remember asking my friend for 5k for potion money. I felt so dependent, so useless. There was not much fun, and with it, no point in playing. You start a character, train it to level 20, run out of potion money, quit, restart, rince and repeat. For those of us who manages to reach level 30+ back in the Tespia days, prepare for monotonous grinding until you'll eventually quit again. True that it's still the same now, but, lets admit it, the game is advancing. I've reached level 82 and am currently running a very successful guild, all in 2 months time with minimal funding. I like it. It's fun. More are on the way. let's celebrate and look towards the future, not dig ourselves deeper into the past.

I personally liked Maple Story before Nexon Came along. Remember when there was no "Cash Shop"? I mean, they need to generate money. But, maybe make it like.... Packages, 10$ is 2x exp for a week. 20$, is 2x exp for 2 weeks. & $30, is 2x exp for a month. Not some "Virtual Mall". I'm just basing my opinion though. So please, don't flame me. I remember when the "Fireball" Hair meant you were very, VERY lucky. & When Cab rides were basically "Boat rides to Orbis". Meaning, if you had 1st job, and you could go places. You were better than others. I remember starting Maple Story, I was a fighter called "Blader123" & My brother was"Later123". We created many Characters, based on what we were hooked on in real life. When we were younger, we both created a Character. At the time, we were intro UFO hunting. So, my character was "Ufoguy1". And his was "Ufoguy2". We trained to level 7, then got hooked on Magician. I created a Cleric, which I still have. I have quests done that are from Maple Island. Which were completed in 2006. Some of which, were rare not given out item quests.

The first time I've got into a Kerning city Party Quest, was the first time I was part of a team. A Group, if you will. Back then, KPQ was a Puzzle. An Adventure, & King Slime was "Master hand" From Super Smash brothers. Meaning, if you beat him. You'd get a Prize. But now, "i solo king slime u noob". Another thing, are the whole "Dexless, Strless, & Lukless" I'm tired of all the people running around. "Haha my Damage pwns urs" Why can't you just play Maple Story normally? Has Nexon implemented PvP yet? No. So, what's the point in out damaging the other player? Bosses, don't even get me started..... "B<zhelm" "B<ht pndnt" And such, why don't you WORK for them? You don't see people "Recruiting for am Epic battle against the Might Zakum" "We need all that we can get, as long as you can enter the room!" Sure, you'd die at level 50. But, what's the point in not trying? Sure, you lose 10% at most. But, at least, you tried. Nobody wants to work together anymore. Remember, when double clicking the Icon for Maple Story, ACTUALLY brought you into the Game? Not "Advertising NX items." & "2x exp on sale in the Cash shop!" I miss logging into the Game, & seeing my buddy list all lit up with people. When you'd go find them, Party them, & Train together. I enjoyed those days. I remember, a friend. To this day, I met in Maple story beta. He gave me, A total of. 70,000NX Cash. Free of charge. & Over 100 Million mesos.
    His exact words, were "hope you have fun". & "just trying to help!"
    He's spent over $150. On just me and my brother. We don't even know him in real life. Why can't people be more like him nowadays? I mean, that Generous! Not necessarily saying "Giving me Free NX". Just, that Nice.
    Thank you.

Sigh i miss those days when people would crowd around and wait like nearly an hour for a kpq... good times.

Anyways, in mapleSEA the situation isnt spreading yet since people just want to party PROS and not sins, even if u are lvl 50 but have crap dmg, ur in luck. This is because for some reason people like to do that to scare others. i remember once i was like lvl 43 and just got a godly dragon axe(fighter( which had like 88 wa 13 str, so i was like, come on. i was in a party with my lvl 35 friend, a level 40 dit and a lvl 45 hunter and there were like 4 lvl 50s, 3 were assasins and 1 was an infighter. Got scared but hey, WE OWNED MAN LIKE 300 points diff.

Anyways i hope the situation gets better in GMS, but im so darn happy that ludi pq is finally getting people.

During the peak time of mapling for singapore, about 12 pm to 3 pm, almost every mapler was online because well they finished lunch(rofl). So anyways i was discouraged to see like only 3 people shouting : LF PQ. eventually i got in to a party with a lvl average of like 39... but we managed to finish and kept doing.

Next, i want to talk about the 20- 30 "Monster Carnival"(Ariant Colliseum), this is probably the best form of exp if u can find people. But there is also a new tactic called" points swappers" in which people would finish their 50 marbles, after which the 1st person to win would bomb the guy. having 100 marbles = to like 10 points. This would go on untill both had 200 for the chair. of course people would have to kill themselves to remain below 30

Finally the next thing is the opening of the Amoria pq, this is not bad in the sense that you actually need a cash to do it( wedding) but now people just get married for it because of the onyx apple, which can make people a "slumdog millionaire" in maplesea.

So, there i think i am done?

Actually, with the advent of KoCs, Flame Wizards and Warriors are very much in demand for rooms 3/4 - with good items, they are almost godlike.

The "swap win" function does breed the generic trend of players, but that is a general trend in society, is it not? Therefore, what CPQ reflects is a societal situation, except in a 'mock' situation.

Of course, I admit that Cash has ruined the game in many ways: a rich person can hit the legendary 7FFF FFFF mesos through Gacha; 2x EXP on top of the events, as well as the oh-so-awesome "Welcome Back" leech and Fairy's Pendant effectively means they DO level 5 times a day.

That aside...

I think it's really the mentality that determines the effect of CPQ on people. Sure, the thread starter's view and worries are truly valid - the recent failure of OPQ saw literally thousands of lvl 51's, stranded and aimless. I think the 'swap' system encourages "fairness" within the system - a no-swap game with level 50's is hardly possible, but then there's the "leech system" where players pay for wins and losses, which really puts the swap system back to balance.

However, CPQ in its current stage does involve teamwork and friendship: I've made almost 10 friends in the span of 2 weeks, getting 2 characters through CPQ, and truly, it's just about finding the right people. There are the people who go "ha nub", but there are the people who cheer you on, helping you fight your way through the early 30's and into the 40's, where you watch with pride as your damage slowly increases.

So yeah, it's about mentality. And if you get through the horror that is dominated by leeching and snubbing, you find yourself in a blissful, relatively untainted world of people who actually know how to play a character. Then again, you might try watching closely the condition of Aquila: leeching all the way.

Conclusion - it's all a matter of perception and people.