Thread: Data Gloves, wtf, awesome~!

Default Data Gloves, wtf, awesome~!

So I was looking around at Virtual Reality stuff randomly again, and came upon these!

http://www.vrealities.com/glove.html

This company makes several, however all they seem to do at the moment is track the movement of your joints, but look at the prices, ridiculous! I'm hoping that soon enough something similar to the hack of the WiiMote to be used to detect head movements will come out with a glove-like device.

It's good news that we're getting a lot closer to Virtual Reality Gaming being what it should be which is top tier, instead of 5 dollar Ad Hoc systems that come with a single 'Ninja' game where you randomly swing in a direction and hope to hit him.
    Gone with the wind

zomg cant wait till there's a game in real life that you play just like .hack and you're actually part of it =O

also i think one game company made a virtual glove once back in the 80's but it was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    zomg cant wait till there's a game in real life that you play just like .hack and you're actually part of it =O

also i think one game company made a virtual glove once back in the 80's but it was a failure.
    YES. Plz.
    I wouldn't have the reaction time to play it though. D:
    And I'd probably end up with a shatty machine that couldn't run it.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Icon8

That reminds me of a book I read called Halting State. I don't usually read science fiction books, but that one I enjoyed. It takes place in Scotland.

I might check out that book (most likely not though :|)

I'd love for Virtual Reality games to come out, once they do MMORPGs will have great immersion and due to this will probably become a great market. Think Myst on crack!
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    I might check out that book (most likely not though :|)

I'd love for Virtual Reality games to come out, once they do MMORPGs will have great immersion and due to this will probably become a great market. Think Myst on crack!
    or first person shooter.

HALO: combat really evolved

That would be pretty sweet if you could toss those on with some nice plastic gloves with lasers, get a nice set of VR goggles with head-tilting sensors and LCD sceens built in like MyVu's, AMAZING. It would simulate that you zoom in when you put on the snipe, AMAZING :D
    Gone with the wind

DO A BARREL ROLL!
    -physically slams into the wall-

P-p-p-Power Glove!
    i am a llama,u are a llama,he is a llama,we are a llama,they are a llama

In my opinion, VR is the future of games. It is beneficial to play games in virtual reality. At the moment, this is not very common, because it requires a powerful PC, but this will change very soon. On the portal https://virtualrealitybrisbane.com/ you can find out the news today about virtual reality.