Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexless J>Low Dex

Default Dexless J>Low Dex

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of being a low dex since I can't fund myself to continue my road to being a Dexless...

I see that being a Low Dex I 100% can fund it :)
    Before I level up some dex, I wanted to buy dex equips.

If anyone is a Low Dex please tell me what
    -Overall
    -Earring
    -Shoes
    -Claw
    -Cape
    I should have as I have and maybe keep are
    -Zhelm
    -Work Glove
    -Deputy Star

It would be nice if anyone can give me the price of the things I need, so post it like this

Example
    Overall: 30 Dex Sauna 500M
    Earring: 10 Dex earring 120M

You can also put the name of the person who is selling if you remember someone selling in FM!!

Right now the Zhelm gives me a boost of 15 Dex, and my Deputy Star of 5 Dex, my base dex is 25 + 15 + 5 = 45
    I'll need at least 65 dex to equip a Godly Scrab.
    My server is Windia, please help me out...

Thank you so much guys

ps.Happy Easter Day

Please, can someone help me out here =[

Dude it's only been one day, wthell?
    And if you can't fund a DEXless, you definitely can't fund a low-DEX.
    And ALL PRICE CHECKS GO IN THE MARKET SECTION, EVEN THOUGH IT'S DEAD AND NO ONE CARES.
    Go to BasilMarket for price checks sheesh.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Please don't double post. there's an EDIT button for a reason, and, these aren't SUPER FAST forums. We'll get to your question. Wait at least a day before bumping (but don't bump).

Dude... low DEX is much more expensive than a Dexless. If you're REALLY low on funds, create a cleric, get it to priest, start making money.

Seriously, I don't see how your dexless can cost more than your low DEX.

Buuut... since you seem to be set on your path... start upping your DEX until you KNOW that your equips will compensate. I E, you have base 60 DEX, you need 50 DEX from equips to wear your scarab. So:

+15 from Zhelm - 15 DEX
    +7 from gloves - 22 DEX
    +5 from Earring - 27 DEX
    +23 from Overall - 50 DEX.

done. You can toggle that a bit. But your zhelm's a nice way to start.

Frankly I'd replace your work glove with a DEX glove; they're a lot cheaper. Also, get a high DEX overall. Those two are going to be the cheap way to attain 50 DEX in your case.

FOR YOU, you're trying to get the most out of your money (and with a limited budget, you don't have that much to spend), so I would say get equips that are DEX scrolled starting as so:

overall>gloves>cape/shoes>Everything else.

The overalls will be cheapest, gloves will be cheap, cape/shoes will be relatively cheap, earrings will cost tons, (good) pendants will cost tons, etc etc.

I'd aim for at most 60 base DEX, for you. 50 DEX is not hard to achieve, because you already have a good Zhelm and good DEX overalls aren't all too expensive (25 DEX for example).

If you have a godly ATTACK work glove though, I would keep it and get DEX capes and shoes instead.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I don't see how a low dex would cost more and dexless cost less, or is it that people are confusing each other??

I've seen dexless claws cost from 300M - 1.3B... when the low dex claws are about 50M - 250M.... I'd say low dex is cheaper =/
    I also have a good luk sauna which has 25 Luk (I scrolled it myself, that is why I started a dexless) I believe it will cost around 280M - 300M or so...

I got a 11att work glove from a friend who was quitting long long time ago.

I'm not sure if I should just stick to being dexless or go for low dex really...
    I'll tell you the following equips I use:
    -Zhelm (Head)
    -Leaf earring (Earring)
    -Deputy Star (Pendent)
    -Sauna robe (Overall)
    -Work glove (Hands)
    -snow shoes (Shoes)
    -Maple Skanda (Claw)
    -Pink Adven Cape (Cape)

I think my zhelm stays with me FOREVER
    I'll need to find a luk earring?
    Dept Star stays with me until never pendent
    25 luk overall is good I believe
    11 att work glove is awesome
    nothing special about my snow shoes... maybe I'll need luk shoes?
    51 att skanda is what I'm looking for which I see people sell for 300M - 350M...
    I got a 8 luk 2 att PAC, I'm thinking of getting a 5luk or higher 3att PAC.

Tell me your thoughts please... I'm at a point of 2 roads -.-
    1 is Dexless 2 is Low dex....

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The ONLY reason you should go low dex is for weapon attack. If you cannot afford a 60+ att craven, or 63+ att sleve, then stay dexless. The whole point of being low-dex is to continue increasing your w/att beyond the general 5x of a sleve. Triple Throw is based more heavily on weapon attack than Lucky 7, so balancing att and Luk is key for NLs.

One misconception is that the base stats matter. They do NOT matter (to an extent). The only thing that matters is your TOTAL stats. Let's say you are going to wear a craven, so you will need 140 dex. You COULD bring your base up to 100 and scroll for Luk. However, remember that you can ONLY scroll helms and shoes for dex (excluding chaos scrolls), and your pendant will be at least 5 dex. An average funded low-dex that CARES about their zhelm will generally get it to 20-30 dex. Your pendant will add 5, and your shoes MAY add 0-15. I actually suggest getting facestompers, and simply 60%ing them. As long as your total dex is high enough to wear your claw, and your total luk wasnt hurt too much, you are fine.

Personally, I am Low-dex. If you are interested in what I chose to scroll, I'll list them out:
    Zhelm: 16 luk 27 dex
    FaceStompers: 3 att
    Work Glove: 13 att
    Red Pirate Top: 1 dex 19 luk
    lvl 25 Thief Bottom: 15 dex
    CWK pendant: 11 att 5 dex 5 luk
    Branch Nose (Real):3 dex 30 hp
    Red Craven: 65 att 6 luk
    Earring: 11 dex
    PAC: 4 att 9 dex

Personally, I suggest the Low-dex build. The new Maker Skill that is coming out will only increase the strength of low-dex sins. A godly funded dexless sin may be able to get a 60 att raven claw, but those same funds on a low-dex can easily get a 75+att craven/sleve. A minimally funded dexless could get a 45 att skanda, while a minimally funded low-dex could probably only get a 50+ att caster/craven. If you are very unfunded, dexless will be your best choice until later. However, even a minimal amount of funding can make you MUCH more powerful with TT.

Spoiler!

Let's say I choose to stay as dexless.

Helm
    Scroll it luk or dex?

Earring
    10 Luk or 11 Luk?

Pendent
    I'll get the 11Att CWK one when I get to lvl 110

Overall
    Is my 25 luk sauna good enough or should I sell it and buy a higher luk sauna like a 29 luk?

Gloves
    I'll stay with my 11Att work glove untill I can afford a 13Att.

Shoes
    Facestompers are really expensive right now, what else do you recommend me to get? I'll buy a facestomper when I can afford one.

Claw
    Is a 52 Att Skanda good enough or should I buy a 60+ Dexless claw?
    I've heard lvl 120 Maple weapons are coming this year or next so tell me what you think :)

Cape
    What I see is that I should try to get a 4Att +5Luk PAC or 3ATT +5Luk PAC?

Throwing Stars
    Should I stick with 2 ilbis and 10 steelies or replace the 10 steelies and get 12 ilbis and more?

Helmet can ONLY be scrolled for Dex, so if you are planning on staying PURE dexless forever, a 100+HP zhelm would actually help you more than a 25+ dex (and it's gonna be about 10x cheaper)

With earring, if you already have a 10 luk, just stick with it until you can get a 15+ luk one.

By the time you hit 110 or so, pendants will be insanely cheap, 11 att will easily be 30m or so.

A 25 luk overall is perfectly fine for a PURE dexless, although try to get a 30+ one by the time you are 14x

11 Att wgs are also perfectly fine, increasing attack is very expensive compared to how little att you actually get. Just save your money for a 15+ eventually.

If you are PURE dexless, the only other shoe that can really help you is the black strap shoe. Shoes can only be scrolled for dex, so save your money for a clean (or chaos scrolled) FS.

A 52 att skanda will hold you over until 120, but once you get TT, I suggest upgrading it to 55 att.

With the 2 decisions given about the cape, 4 att 5 luk is obviously better. Because your claw will be a lower att, this +1 bonus can really add up with TT.

Good rule of thumb I live by: Below lvl 70, if you cannot afford 5+ sets of one star, then do not use that. Lvl 70-120, if you cannot afford 10+ sets of one star, then do not use that. After 120, if you cannot afford 20+ sets of one star, then do not use that. I personally think you should try to get 10+ sets of ilbi.

Spoiler!

I'm gonna go Low-DEX as soon as I can afford to because of the maker skill, and that's it. Like the ONLY reason.
    From what I see, you can put 4 WA and 5 LUK (more if you're lucky) more onto any claw, CLEAN. But they have to be DEX claws, which makes me want to go Low-DEX.
    Question:
    Is it worth it to get a LUK PAC instead of a DEX one while boosting my Base DEX?
    I'm going to probably get a zHelm and scroll it, as well as (probably) end up scrolling a really low leveled Thief set and scroll them for whatever as well...
    I want to keep my base DEX reaaaaly low, but would that be detrimental or beneficial in the long run? (LUK equips > DEX?)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Luk equips are going to help you the exact same as dex equips (for low dex).
    Here's a rough example:
    Dex: 150 (100+50)
    Luk: 500 (500+0)

Dex: 150 (150+0)
    Luk: 500 (450+50)

Your stats are the same, but one of them has scrolled for luk instead of dex. The out comes will be perfectly even, although it is nice to keep dex on the low side (in case a new item/skill comes out, you can be flexible). Scrolling for dex will be cheaper, and easier, so I suggest doing that.

Spoiler!