View Poll Results: Did this guide help you/does it seem helpful?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

11 73.33%
  • No.

0 0%
  • I don't know.

4 26.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Assassin Guide.

I changed my mind. Night Lords should be able to know what skills to raise at their level, and/or should have experienced friends to guide them. So as of now, this guide is permanently capped from 1~120.

Even so, I think it's pretty good. =D

Uhm, protecting in MPQ seems to be pretty good for me, but the problem is that if I stop spamming for 2 seconds SW wears off, so I can't chat. Which I -can- do while bossing. Which is why I die.

Too bad 8x can't be utilized again. Stupid patch on Monday.

Erm, what else, what else..

A hermit I met today (level 9x) had pretty much NO Avenger, she just had the basic 5 and FJ. When I asked her why, she said it was because Alchemist>Avenger, especially at Newties (as you're just sniping ONE). Would this be a viable build, because if so, I'm definitely going to use it instead of maxing Avenger after SP.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

It is a viable build, a lot of ranged classes do 1v1 skills first in order to Newtie snipe ASAP. For example, Corsairs get Gaviota/Octopi before Ice/Fire in order to raise DPS at Newties earlier on, and Strafe build Rangers generally go to Newties to snipe as well. The Alchemist + Shadow Partner build for a Hermit would work perfectly fine as a Newtie sniper, just don't plan on going to Himes until much later if you're going to use this build. Or any other mob-happy map for that matter.
    Not back. Front.

Yeah, so I went Newtie Sniping and died, which is the end of my Sniping career.
    =/

I've been FM hoaring for the last few days I've been on.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

While having no Avenger is okay for sniping, that is ALL it is really good for. Sniping at newties will get insanely boring and slow pretty quickly, and having a mobbing attack is very nice. Even if you aren't actually mobbing, using avenger to lure monsters back to you is very helpful. As you stand in the bottom corner of newts, you can hit 3 at a time, and if you had FJed over and killed the far left one, you can lure it back to you and kill all 4 at once when the spawn starts picking up. A hermit that really knows how to play his/her character will do very will with Avenger+FJ, even at a place like newties or peak.

Spoiler!

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by FyrFrost View Post
    Basically, all you have to do is make your DEX be twice your level, UNTIL level 50. Starting from level 50, your DEX should be your level +40.

An overarching pro about this route, though, is that you are superior to DEXlesses after 3rd and 4th job. Way superior.

Just wanted to comment on these 2 lines . For normal dex , dex should be twice your lvl till lvl 40 , after that it is 1 dex 4 luk per lvl , which is how you will get DEX = lvl + 40 .

The 2nd statement is wrong . Dexless sins will always pawn low dex sins , assuming that both sides have the best equips possible . The only reason 99% of the time low dex beat dexless is because most dexless sins end up with not enough funds to finance a pro dexless NL a high lvls . However , it is do-able . There is currently a pure luk NL in MapleSEA that has dex equips godly enough to wear a red craven .

In conclusion , Pure luk beats low dex , if mesos is not a limiting factor .

Other than that this guide looks pretty decent . Good luck and hopefully this guide will get better and better in the future . ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Just wanted to comment on these 2 lines . For normal dex , dex should be twice your lvl till lvl 40 , after that it is 1 dex 4 luk per lvl , which is how you will get DEX = lvl + 40 .

The 2nd statement is wrong . Dexless sins will always pawn low dex sins , assuming that both sides have the best equips possible . The only reason 99% of the time low dex beat dexless is because most dexless sins end up with not enough funds to finance a pro dexless NL a high lvls . However , it is do-able . There is currently a pure luk NL in MapleSEA that has dex equips godly enough to wear a red craven .

In conclusion , Pure luk beats low dex , if mesos is not a limiting factor .

Other than that this guide looks pretty decent . Good luck and hopefully this guide will get better and better in the future . ^^
    The Pure LUK NL that you're talking about - he is low DEX.

The reason low DEX beats out DEXless in the end is because of the watk on claws. Sure, you can get a DEXless claw with like a godly 70 attack, but it'll be much easier for low DEXes to get a higher watk claw, as they would equip dex equips to wear a Dragon Sleve (or the one below).

Here's the plain and simple definitions of low DEX and DEXless sins:

Low DEX has equips scrolled for DEX so that they can wield regular claws (that require DEX). Even if they have 25 DEX and scroll for DEX equips, they're low DEX.

DEXlesses scroll for LUK and watk to maximize their damage with bad claws (i.e. the Maple ones). They DON'T scroll for DEX, and they only wield Maple weapons (and Night Raven's Claw).

EDIT: About the first line, I'm kinda right either way, because +40 DEX at level 40 is still 2x level in DEX. =P
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yea, any sin that uses a claw requiring above 25 dex is considered low-dex. Even if he/she has a base dex of 25, they still sacrifice luk/att while scrolling their equips for dex. For example, instead of having a 10 luk 4 att pac, they might have a 10 dex 4 att pac. They lost 10 luk there. Instead of having 3+ att FaceStompers, they might have 2 Att + dex facestompers.
    The ideal sin will have a base dex of 25, yet use a Craven or Sleve, especially when the maker skill comes out. However, that is next to impossible for the majority of people, so most upgrade their dex minimally, or stay pure dexless.

Spoiler!

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by FyrFrost View Post
    The Pure LUK NL that you're talking about - he is low DEX.

The reason low DEX beats out DEXless in the end is because of the watk on claws. Sure, you can get a DEXless claw with like a godly 70 attack, but it'll be much easier for low DEXes to get a higher watk claw, as they would equip dex equips to wear a Dragon Sleve (or the one below).

Here's the plain and simple definitions of low DEX and DEXless sins:

Low DEX has equips scrolled for DEX so that they can wield regular claws (that require DEX). Even if they have 25 DEX and scroll for DEX equips, they're low DEX.

DEXlesses scroll for LUK and watk to maximize their damage with bad claws (i.e. the Maple ones). They DON'T scroll for DEX, and they only wield Maple weapons (and Night Raven's Claw).

EDIT: About the first line, I'm kinda right either way, because +40 DEX at level 40 is still 2x level in DEX. =P
    1stly about the till lvl 40 thing , i meant from lvl 41 onwards you start pumping 1 dex instead of 2 , not from lvl 51 onwards which is what your guide implies . But yeah , the second half of your statement about the lvl + 40 thing is correct .

The dexless thing , well , i guess it comes down to personal opinion as to what you view as a dexless and low dex . It is actually possible to scroll luk equips and still hold a good claw with 25 base dex , as there are some equips that can only be scrolled for dex . Eg. shoes . However maple screwed this by introducing more luk scrolls like earring for luk .

Base dex : 25
    Scarlion helm ( Don't think GMS has this yet )(Assuming passed 10x70%+Above average) : 40
    HornTail Necklace : 22
    Shoes : 15
    Dog Nose : 8
    Bottomwear : 20
    Maple Warrior : 2
    Owl Mask : 3 ( We dont have facestompers T-T so yeah...)
    Wedding ring : 3
    Top : 2

Thats 140 dex already . And you still get to scroll your claw and glove for attack , cape , earring , top for luk .

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    1stly about the till lvl 40 thing , i meant from lvl 41 onwards you start pumping 1 dex instead of 2 , not from lvl 51 onwards which is what your guide implies . But yeah , the second half of your statement about the lvl + 40 thing is correct .

The dexless thing , well , i guess it comes down to personal opinion as to what you view as a dexless and low dex . It is actually possible to scroll luk equips and still hold a good claw with 25 base dex , as there are some equips that can only be scrolled for dex . Eg. shoes . However maple screwed this by introducing more luk scrolls like earring for luk .

Base dex : 25
    Scarlion helm ( Don't think GMS has this yet )(Assuming passed 10x70%+Above average) : 40
    HornTail Necklace : 22
    Shoes : 15
    Dog Nose : 8
    Bottomwear : 20
    Maple Warrior : 2
    Owl Mask : 3 ( We dont have facestompers T-T so yeah...)
    Wedding ring : 3
    Top : 2

Thats 140 dex already . And you still get to scroll your claw and glove for attack , cape , earring , top for luk .
    Okay I'm just going to clarify again:
    DEXless equip DEXless weapons, like Maple Claws, Kandayos, Skanda, Etc.
    Low-DEX equip normal weapons, like Scarabs, Dragon Sleeves, etc.

That's the ACCEPTED definition, and if you have your own, then lolwut you're weird.

DEXless lose out at level 200 because there's no base 50 ATT DEXless Claw.
    If there was, well... Low-DEX would get screwed over.
    Anyway.

If you can afford to, DEXless can be better than Low-DEX at high levels, considering that you CAN scroll a Night Raven Claw using BSCULA method. Lol. Then LUK Overalls, FS (Chaosed, of course!), PAC (Chaosed, of course!), INT-zHelm for HP Washing, since DEX is of no use, LUK earrings,and whatever else you want.

The whole point being the omggodly Night Raven Claw.

bolt202/veil225/feint200