Thread: Easiest (Non-Mage) Unfunded Class to Level?

Icon4 Easiest (Non-Mage) Unfunded Class to Level?

Hi all. I've come back to MS after a really long hiatus. Last I played there was no 4th job or Aqua Road or a bunch of other stuff, so I'm still getting used to a lot of the new builds and such.

Unfortunately, for some reason my old characters are gone so I'm starting from square 1 again on Broa. I really don't feel like making another Cleric to fund my characters (and I don't want to make another Mage) so I'm asking here to find out what would be easiest for me to run completely un-funded.

I really have no idea what the market is like right now so I'm having trouble figuring out what would be cheapest. I'm thinking a Bowman, Mid-dex Warrior or an Infighter (but they seem like they would be expensive seeing how close range they are).

Any input is appreciated.

-cough- -Cough-
    I find archers the hardest to level up without money because they are annoying in the beginning, but if you get past lvl 30, you're on your way to smooth times.

Warriors are okay, but they make good money early game, suck 2nd job, and then make decent money (DKs made good money 3rd job, not sure if that still stands?)

Assassins can be good unfunded if you know what you're doing, so meh.

You might want to try one of the newer classes but keep in mind that you'll spend more money for just about everything since a lot of people decided to remake characters to them and some are coming back and starting them, etc, etc.

Bowmen are VERY fun if you can get past the initial stage (If you've played one before you should know that even with funding an archer is a pain in the ass until lvl 15 or so), luckily you have PQs to help you the whole way if you want to explore that option, so it's a lot easier to get through those early hell levels now.
    Gone with the wind

Warriors have extremely cost effective potions, much like Magicians, so they're great at saving money. Bowmen have the benefit of being ranged though, so they avoid damage more. It's between those two for sure.

I went with a Bowman. Now to see if I can get into the 20s/30s before I get bored and drop it >_>

Lol, Bowmen from 1-30 isn't very hard anymore because of Ariant PQ. Bowman do very well there.

this dexless im playing right now was from no funding// an experiment i tried
    imo its very easy / u dominate apq and cpq with ur dexless. u can voodoo ur way to 60 then use ds(dark sight) and go to windraider

dexless by far

for bowman get past 30 and ur good to go

trust me ive had that pain in the ass

I started with an unfunded Archer, first character on MS I made. They're ok and kinda cost effective, especially if you only found out how to use skills about lv 15 =D As long as you have a good build Bowmen are fine. Low levels, as stated, are pains to level.

Warriors fit what you're looking for I'd say. Watch out for the accuracy lack though.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

A Bowman could work, but you'll be needing HP pots a plenty in the beginning with no quick way to get a safe distance from monsters.

If you want a ranged attacker, I've found Gunslingers fairly cheap. You can't use any remotely expensive bullets until level 30, and Dash makes running and jumping easier, avoiding direct contact with any mob. Very similar to bowmen if that's the feel you're going for.

Cragley «» Blumere «» Squambo «» Lumaea

3rd Job Adv. (Squambo): [ ] - Zakum Helm: [ ] - 3rd Job Adv. (CragIey): [ ]

My YouTube Page

Quote Originally Posted by Ciahne View Post
    Last I played there was no Aqua Road
    man is that long

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Plz dont Necro*

*reviving dead threads to add things that have probably already been said or put to rest.
    Always check the latest post in a thread to check if it was posted a week ago or so.

Unless you have an EXTREMELY insightful new post to revive the thread (perhaps to update a damage thread with new patch info, etc) you shouldn't post in that thread. If you really need to bring the topic up again, then

making a new topic about something said before is better than necroposting a long, dead one IMO, because previous topics require people to read the whole topic to make sure their comments weren't already mentioned and then for them to realize that the topic was from several days/weeks/months/years ago... bleh.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!