7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low-Dex FTW!!!

5 71.43%
  • Dexless PWNS low-dex...

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexless or Low-dex

Default Dexless or Low-dex

So, I'm steadily leveling my cleric... He's almost level 60 now. I've got about 74 mill in the bank right now and I was starting to buy stuff for my dexless.. He's only level 30 right now. Also, I haven't distributed any stats since level 27 because I've already been thinking about this before today.

Anyways, from what I've heard, Low-dex sins are much more sustainable than dexless sins and cost a little than dexless. From what I've heard low-dex are also much more likely to succeed and actually make it to 4th job. Also, I've heard that low-dex actually do more damage than dexless in 3rd and 4th job if properly equipped.

So now the big question on my mind is whether to make a low-dex or dexless sin. Based on what I have heard, I would like to make a low-dex but now I'm just looking for some insight and tips and stuff from either dexless or low-dex sins.

P.S. I still won't be starting back up on my sin until my cleric hits preist and has at least 200-250mill..

Also, does anyone know if there's a low-dex guide?
    null set [ ]

Dexless are my personal favorites.

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=301115 < Low-Dex guide.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I went pure dexless until lvl 7x during this past thanksgiving break. I began adding points into dex based on what equips I know I will be able to get. Once I got enough dex added in (around 55 base) I equipped a 55 att mamba (lvl 80 claw). This is by no means a good end-game weapon, but it held me over until later. The next few lvls, I upgraded a bit more dex, and later ended up reseting a bit down to a total of 57 base. The last claw I equipped was a red craven (lvl 100) 65 Att. Everything was scrolled heavily for dex, except my shoes, which ended up being 3 att 4 slot (unfinished). I went the top/bottom route, using 17 dex pants and a 19 luk 1 dex top. I could probably have equipped a higher dex robe and sacrificed the luk top, but the boost from MW with the extra base luk wasn't nearly as much as the 19 luk from the top. Almost every equip can be scrolled for dex, making the 25 base dex Craven/Sleve user very possible.
    Here's a short list of equips that one of my friends had. He managed to wear a Red Craven (140 dex req) with only 43 base.
    Zhelm: 34 dex, 16 luk
    Bathrobe: 38 dex
    FaceStompers: 4 att 2 dex
    Pac: 5 att 12 dex
    Branch Nose: 6 dex
    Naricain Pendant: 11 att 5 dex, 5 luk

As you can see, the ideal low-dex will cost you a TON. Once GMS becomes able to scroll a HT pendant 3 times, it will be much easier to have 25 base, 140-150 total. Also remember, that you are sacrificing luk by scrolling for dex. However, scrolling a Zhelm for dex is really the only way to go. You could either chaos or luk scroll your pac instead of dex scrolling. You could chaos your FS instead of dex scrolling. You could equip a luk overall instead of a dex overall. The ultimate goal of a low-dex is to find the balance between base luk, total luk, and weapon attack.

Spoiler!

Thanks for the guide. Also, I'm finding myself becoming more and more confused as to whether I should go dexless or low-dex. What I want to do right now is use maple claws until mid 3rd job or so. I;m most likely going to go low-dex though.

I'm planning on getting scrolled equips to make up for about 90 or so dex depending on what I make my final base dex (which right now I'm thinking 50).

So right now I'm probably going to work on getting the money to afford dex equips and then I'll work on my sin. I'm planning on getting 50 or so base dex by level 100. Then hopefully, with the dex equips I plan on buying, I'll be able to use the craven and then maybe later, if I find better equips, I'll be able to use the dragon sleeve.

So now should I wait till level 95 and then put all the ap from then to 100 into dex, or steadily put ap into dex? Also, I'm thinking about buying already scrolled equips since that way I won't be risking scrolling failures and the extra investment in scrolls.

So right now my plan is to buy high dex equips, then buy a high attk skanda and then we'll see what happens from there.

Any Feedback?
    null set [ ]

If you low DEX from the beginning, your cost will be much more than if you convert to low DEX (from DEXless) later on, say, level 90s or so.

Buying DEX equips and then a skanda defeats the whole purpose OF getting expensive DEX equips. You should rather get a high attack Scarab or something, but that still costs a lot. I would add DEX later, after level 80, when your Skanda becomes less powerful.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Personally, I'd stay DEXless all the way through; in the end, you'll end up getting some majorly godly DEX equips out of boredom, and you'll end up Low-DEX without even knowing it.

Low-DEX sins, unless they're majorly funded (like 100's of mill), will ALWAYS end up out damaged, IMO.
    I recommend you keep your DEX at 25, and save up for a Night Raven Claw, if you plan on hitting 90.
    I'm not joking, my 44 ATT Skanda has me doing more damage than other people at my level with Low- or Reg- DEX.

If I had a decent Night Raven Claw, I'd probably be almost hitting 20k w/out Apples/SE.

I'd just like to mention that Thieves, because of the 25 DEX minimum, will NOT max out LUK (999); we're stuck at like 990 or something weird. I saw some screenshot of a level 200 Hermit who had 25 DEX, a whole crap load of DEX equips, MW, etc, and equipping a Dragon Sleeve, so it's very possible.

Also remember, if this is an end-game character (you're planning on 200, or around that), if you want to lower your DEX again, you'll be wasting a WHOLE ton of NX on AP resets. DEXless characters, of course, don't need AP resets unless they're HP washing. KEKEKEKEKE

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I have like 33 dex right now on my low/dexless sin. I'm still not sure if I wan't to go pure dexless, but at the moment, I'm thinking about just leaving my dex as it is. If I'm not satisified with my damage by level 95, I'll just add dex, simple as that.

Overall, though hearing from some of my guild members, they say that they prefer being dexless, because they can get that extra luk and they can still buy high dex equips and then outdamage low-dex sins. So I guess, for now, dexless is the way to go, but if you want to save a little money (i guess) go low-dex.
    null set [ ]

Let me give you a comparison with a level 7x reg DEX Hermit who hits the same damage as me. (Slightly lower, but pretty similar).

He has godly amounts of funding (i.e. 2billion from his Hero brother) and, most importantly, a 70 attack Scarab.

Seventy. If anything, most people would make that their endgame claw.

He also already uses Balanced Furies, has a Zhelm, Silver Deputy Star, LUK sauna, the works.

His character costs several thousands of millions (over one billion) mesos. I'm pretty sure it costed over two billion for the Scarab, except he broke about seven while trying to scroll it like that. (So he didn't pay for the Scarab, which is a relief to his brother obviously.)

And he's (I think) regular DEX. It costs SO much to fund a reg DEX to do as much damage as a DEXless does, and to compare MY stuff:

My only scrolled items are my PAC, gloves, and Skanda. 43atk Skanda (10~15m), 4atk 1luk LunarWG (3~4m), and 2atk 3luk PAC (>2m).

He costs over 2 billion, I cost about 20 million. You choose. =P
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Lol nice. And then you wonder, why the hell would anyone even make a normal DEX sin if making a dexless sin actually requires less money for equal damage.

Sure it costs a little for the equips, but if you make a normal dex sin, you're probably going to buy even more expensive equips just to match up to the dexless..

So basically, Dexless sins are basically the only way to go...:D
    null set [ ]

Banned

Well, people usually think that dexless sins require a ton of money to make[and there's no doubt, they do]; so they think that normal equips would sell lower than the "dexless" equips.

biased opinion: some of the thief equips are somewhat "stylish", and people would pump dex just to wear them.