7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low-Dex FTW!!!

5 71.43%
  • Dexless PWNS low-dex...

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dexless or Low-dex

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

A normal dex sin isn't the same as a low-dex sin. By lvl 110 (especially once maker skill comes out) a sin with less than 40 base dex and 140-150 total dex will outdamge an equally well-equipped dexless. If your base dex is 40, and your total dex is 120, but your claw is 75+ att, heres what you 'sacrifice'.

25 base dex+ dex on Zhelm (let's put it at 38, this is a VERY well scrolled helm, yet very possible to get)+ 5 dex from a pendant Also throw in an 8 dex branch nose (noses cannot be scrolled for luk). Let's also say you have one of those new Glasses (the ones that give 2? dex) I'm not counting anything that can be scrolled for luk or w/att. So subtract 78 dex from the 140. That brings it to 62 points in dex that you COULD have put into luk. A clean night raven claw gives 40 att. A clean purple sleve can give 54 att and 7 luk (more once maker skill comes out, I think 60 clean with a small luk boost as well). That is a 14 (or 20 with maker) att difference and 5 luk difference. Now, 5 luk is roughly equal to 1 weapon attack at this lvl. Let's then put the attack difference to 15. 15att x 5(luk)= roughly 75 points of dex. You only sacrificed 62 points of luk for the equivalent of 75 points of luk. In all reality, you will also be able to scroll a few more of your equips for Luk, giving you an even higher boost. As of now, the two classes are pretty much similar. Once maker skill comes out, you gain a 20 att bonus over the raven weapon, which is equal to roughly 100 luk, which is a 38 luk bonus over dexless. You canAlso keep in mind there are far MORE Purple/Green sleves, making them easier to scroll.
    Also, if my theory and numbers are correct http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=37434, triple throw is based slighly more heavily on weapon attack, making the low-dex sin ideal.

Again, this was based off of a well-funded 40 base dex sin, and a well funded dexless, but I am showing the realistic potential of the two classes. Once maker skill is released, and GMS becomes able to scroll HT pendants 3 times, the low-dex will be significatly better than pure dexless after 4th job. A 25 base dex sin with a fully scrolled HT pendant and a 60 att clean claw will obviously overpower any equally equipped dexless.

Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Weapon Attack is worth more than Luk in the Triple Throw equation, so Low-DEX Night Lords beat out DEXless night Lords. My friend did a test at BF against a Dexless, he killed it faster than the Dexless did, and he was 4 levels lower. Neither used Apples, they were both similarly funded.

So yeah, unless uberly funded, Dexless loses to Low-Dex upon hitting 120, and will own them even further when the HT Pendant gets all three Dragon Eggs.
    Not back. Front.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    biased opinion: some of the thief equips are somewhat "stylish", and people would pump dex just to wear them.
    LOL. :P. That may be true :eek:.

AnGeLgoLd-Rogue, Soon-To-Be SIN :).

MSEA:Eridanus Server